Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest chopey

I've just been talking to a Championship ref I know and he says he has been told everyone is back up to now on June 6th

I've just been talking to a Championship ref I know and he says he has been told everyone is back up to now on June 6th

Can’t see it myself. The fact a non contact sport like Cricket has pushed itself back until July earliest is a interesting indication.

Guest neesy111

Can’t see it myself. The fact a non contact sport like Cricket has pushed itself back until July earliest is a interesting indication.

Yeap, I'm going to say July. 

Now do the same in England :lol:

It's neck and neck over there though isn't it? Or at least very close. As much as Liverpool 100% deserve to win the title, it would be glorious if they didn't. Can picture it now :lol:

But the right thing to do is probably give them it, if we end up ending the season now.

Guest neesy111

Now do the same in England :lol:

It's neck and neck over there though isn't it? Or at least very close. As much as Liverpool 100% deserve to win the title, it would be glorious if they didn't. Can picture it now :lol:

But the right thing to do is probably give them it, if we end up ending the season now.

:thup:

As much as I don't like Liverpool supporters, they totally deserve to win it this season.

Have to relegate the bottom three if Liverpool are crowned as champions, imo.

That's it like. Where is the line? Liverpool do deserve it, but how can you give them the title, but keep everything else fair?

dont envy the decision, whatever about liverpool thats easy, champions league places depend a lot on citys appeal but relegation spots could get messy and unless the season actually finishes there will be legal action on it from whoever goes down

I’m feeling less and less comfortable with the idea of finishing the premier league season.  I think some team will end up getting screwed in the relegation battle. A team that would not necessarily have gone down if the season had played out normally. This could be due to any reason - maybe they have a reduced squad as some players refuse to play or have players stuck abroad, the 5 subs suits some teams more than others, some teams could be breaking lockdown to stay fitter, playing with no fans changes the game, maybe our players/manager feel unmotivated as they think they will be on the way out after the takeover(granted this one could have the opposite effect) etc etc

Who ever goes down will feel it was somehow unjust.

If you start a season knowing the rules/playing field it’s fair but flipping them mid season is not good.

The decisions are being made for financial reasons not for the integrity of the game.

I’d like Liverpool to some how be champions but to remove relegation. I don’t have an answer I’m just uncomfortable with the direction we seem to be going.

I’m feeling less and less comfortable with the idea of finishing the premier league season.  I think some team will end up getting screwed in the relegation battle. A team that would not necessarily have gone down if the season had played out normally. This could be due to any reason - maybe they have a reduced squad as some players refuse to play or have players stuck abroad, the 5 subs suits some teams more than others, some teams could be breaking lockdown to stay fitter, playing with no fans changes the game, maybe our players/manager feel unmotivated as they think they will be on the way out after the takeover(granted this one could have the opposite effect) etc etc

Who ever goes down will feel it was somehow unjust.

If you start a season knowing the rules/playing field it’s fair but flipping them mid season is not good.

The decisions are being made for financial reasons not for the integrity of the game.

I’d like Liverpool to some how be champions but to remove relegation. I don’t have an answer I’m just uncomfortable with the direction we seem to be going.

Totally agree.....I said this a few weeks back.....IMHO do as mrmojorisin suggests and start a new season fresh, whenever it may occur

Guest chopey

Yeap, I'm going to say July.

Looks like my source was correct

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52439018

- Aiming for June 8th start

- Players back in full training May 18th

- Arsenal, Brighton and West Ham have already opened the training grounds to players for individual work.

They aim to play in stadiums but could be played at training grounds (not sure of the advantage - unless everyone plays at St. Georges. Could see them pushing it through and having to abandon it soon after it starts to be honest.