Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I think what makes it even more of a tough call for the authorities is the fact some clubs have played less games. If all teams had played the same amount of games I think there would’ve been a slightly easier decision to be made.

literally couldn't give a fuck about this season anymore tbh. Freeze the tables in the English system. Applying assumptions of points to future matches doesn't make a single bit of sense and it's one of those things where you just start making way too many assumptions. Award titles, euro places, and demotion/promotion based on this frozen table. Get everybody healthy, move on to next season.

Only issue with freezing the tables as they are now is play-offs. You couldn’t just promote the highest ranked team below the automatic spots as that opens up a huge can of worms. I do say this with a slightly biased perspective mind as I’m desperate for this season to be concluded properly. The club I work for have a real chance of promotion and it’d be heartbreaking if they were denied the opportunity to achieve that.

literally couldn't give a fuck about this season anymore tbh. Freeze the tables in the English system. Applying assumptions of points to future matches doesn't make a single bit of sense and it's one of those things where you just start making way too many assumptions. Award titles, euro places, and demotion/promotion based on this frozen table. Get everybody healthy, move on to next season.

Only issue with freezing the tables as they are now is play-offs. You couldn’t just promote the highest ranked team below the automatic spots as that opens up a huge can of worms. I do say this with a slightly biased perspective mind as I’m desperate for this season to be concluded properly. The club I work for have a real chance of promotion and it’d be heartbreaking if they were denied the opportunity to achieve that.

Good call - then maybe you make promotion playoffs behind closed doors? But then can you just let the bottom 3s freeze?

Guest chopey

Can we not just cancel the cups and playoffs and play the remaining games top three go up bottom three go down.

Tend to agree, there’s no point in playing any more games. It’ll be really weird anyway, especially if everyone is still under severe social restrictions.

there's no point but TV money will dictate everything you'd imagine

how many clubs will survive without the last payments from various TV deals for the season?  i'm not sure they've much of a choice but to finish it one way or another

Surprised to see so many players and former players saying we should not be restarting the season, Gary Neville being one of those who is highly critical.

I understand the health fears, but do players realise their futures could be at stake? Are they prepared to be paid much less in the future, or have their contracts binned altogether if clubs go under?

Surprised to see so many players and former players saying we should not be restarting the season, Gary Neville being one of those who is highly critical.

I understand the health fears, but do players realise their futures could be at stake? Are they prepared to be paid much less in the future, or have their contracts binned altogether if clubs go under?

They'll play for less, but they will want honoured for their philanthropy. Can you imagine giving up, say, £50k per week, man? How will they ever survive?

Skysports might join forces with the beeb for a telethon.

https://www.facebook.com/Blackcatsnews/videos/823309244818378/

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-bristol-rovers-launch-investigation-4091367

Senior Bristol Rovers players and club management are understood to be furious after a voice note containing sensitive information regarding the future of the 2019/20 season was leaked to fans and rival players.

The 4mins 16secs recording, which Bristol Live has heard, is of Rovers winger Alex Rodman - the club’s PFA representative - outlining the main points from a recent meeting between the EFL, owners, fellow professionals and Gary Neville, who has been acting as a bridge between the PFA and league bosses.

Video in link above.

I think its virtually certain that this season won't get finished even with games played in empty stadiums. Just do what the French have done and promote and relegate based on the positions clubs are currently in. Concentrate on trying to start the next season on time.

I think its virtually certain that this season won't get finished even with games played in empty stadiums. Just do what the French have done and promote and relegate based on the positions clubs are currently in. Concentrate on trying to start the next season on time.

How long are you allotting for all the lawsuits?