Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I think its virtually certain that this season won't get finished even with games played in empty stadiums. Just do what the French have done and promote and relegate based on the positions clubs are currently in. Concentrate on trying to start the next season on time.

How long are you allotting for all the lawsuits?

I read the Dutch league might overturn their decision to cancel the season due to the lawsuits clubs are bringing.

I think its virtually certain that this season won't get finished even with games played in empty stadiums. Just do what the French have done and promote and relegate based on the positions clubs are currently in. Concentrate on trying to start the next season on time.

The problem there is in France all bar 2 teams have played 28 games so the missing fixture would not affect relegation. In England you can’t draw a line for relegation as some teams have played less than others.

Didn’t that guys voice note (if real) suggest that the plan is there won’t be relegations. Just promotions

Eh?!

See my post top of this page.

Yes, so 3 up 0 down, next season 6 down.

Didn’t that guys voice note (if real) suggest that the plan is there won’t be relegations. Just promotions

Eh?!

Would certainly be exciting but cant see them getting the number of votes needed across the Premier League teams

Eh?!

Just the top 3 go up and no playoffs?

Eh?!

Just the top 3 go up and no playoffs?

Yup. No games at all. No fans inside grounds till 2021 earliest. Contracts can’t be extended by force, clubs won’t extend them and players won’t play. 66k cv19 t3sts needed to finish off the games and those tests cannot take priority over nhs.

Have a listen 4mins long, full of loads of info on the efl plans.

probably twitter/facey bollocks but heard the idea is play all games at st. george's park and televise them all

players all sequestered off somewhere from mid may and come in for the matches etc. with season kicking off in june

central location makes sense mind, logistically

:dontknow:

fuck knows what the champo etc. will do like

What happens when Liverpool are confirmed champions and thousands of fans maybe hundreds of thousands go to Anfield to celebrate? Not sure how that can be stopped. What happens with the FA Cup does it just get cancelled?

What happens when Liverpool are confirmed champions and thousands of fans maybe hundreds of thousands go to Anfield to celebrate? Not sure how that can be stopped. What happens with the FA Cup does it just get cancelled?

Hopefully awarded to us as highest goal scorers left in it... didn’t someone say? :lol:

probably twitter/facey bollocks but heard the idea is play all games at st. george's park and televise them all

players all sequestered off somewhere from mid may and come in for the matches etc. with season kicking off in june

Players could just say fuck that I’m not going to as football concentration camp for a month I want to be with my family.

Players could just say fuck that I’m not going to as football concentration camp for a month I want to be with my family.

possibly aye, but highly unlikely unless they live with at risk people for example

possibly aye, but highly unlikely unless they live with at risk people for example

The question is be asking myself is do I trust the rest of the players in the league/ my team to not go out on a bender the night before the football training starts.  There have been stories about parties etc already.  So the more mature players potentially with kids having to in effect increase their social circle to toe rags.  Out of 500 players I reckon there will a few that refuse to take part.

The question is be asking myself is do I trust the rest of the players in the league/ my team to not go out on a bender the night before the football training starts.  There have been stories about parties etc already.  So the more mature players potentially with kids having to in effect increase their social circle to toe rags.  Out of 500 players I reckon there will a few that refuse to take part.

they'll be getting tested every day or whatever mind, but yeah if it's incubating and not picked up that's a risk of course but is that going to be any different when people go back into offices & on transport etc.?  at some point we're gonna have to lay down some rules and assume people are mature enough to follow them or we're never moving on

How could teams being promoted but no teams being relegated work? It would create a situation where even more games would need to be played next season. Also the league at the bottom of the pyramid would have less teams than usual.

Would only affect the leagues feeding into the national league.....National league, leagues 1&2 and Championship would have the same numbers...agreed Premier league would have 2 teams more....more games in 2020/21 season but if 5 teams relegated instead of 3, premier league back down to 20 teams.

End season now...no relegations...top 2 teams each division down to national league promoted....no play offs(All teams in positions 1&2 in those divisions are there on merit)....Unfortunately Premier league will have 22 teams and more games for season 2020/21.....5 teams relegated from premiership......give sky sports/ bt more games for next season as a sweetener for cancelling this season........too many problems starting to become an issue with carrying on this season.

they'll be getting tested every day or whatever mind, but yeah if it's incubating and not picked up that's a risk of course but is that going to be any different when people go back into offices & on transport etc.?  at some point we're gonna have to lay down some rules and assume people are mature enough to follow them or we're never moving on

I think the tests are good at saying you have it but not great at saying you don't.  Fair points.  My assumption was that the football would be going on before the general lifting of lockdown.   

How could teams being promoted but no teams being relegated work? It would create a situation where even more games would need to be played next season. Also the league at the bottom of the pyramid would have less teams than usual.

Also if there is no relegation.  Liverpool are champions all but mathematically that will be confirmed after a couple games.  So the only reason the season is finished is financial and to decide champions league spots.  So 4-5 motivated teams.  14-15 teams with players who are playing for noting and potentially don't want to be there.  There will be some shocking results.  What a farce..