Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I don’t get it when the likes of Mark Douglas are there saying ‘we need a statement’, etc. Will either party even be allowed to do that while we’re at this stage?

Plenty of clubs announce it at this stage.

Yep. "Pending PL approval.."

Guess they'd have to be pretty confident to do that.

Chances they fail the test ? I would think they wouldn’t have went this far if there was any chance of it happening.

I guess the question is whether anyone has ever failed the test before?

Have the Saudi’s passed the fit and proper person’s test? They give the tests.

According to George Caulkin - his understanding is Staveley will effectively be running the club.

Is that necessarily a good thing? Does she have any experience of running a football club? I know we don't really care at this point, but still.

According to George Caulkin - his understanding is Staveley will effectively be running the club.

Is that necessarily a good thing? Does she have any experience of running a football club? I know we don't really care at this point, but still.

doesn't need it, just needs to be smart enough to put good competent people in charge of their relevant areas and trust them

it'll run itself

Probably missed the discussion on this already. But what are people’s thoughts on being owned by a bunch of reprehensible scumbags, who make Mike Ashley seem fairly decent in comparison?

I’m caught in two minds. Obviously happy that it looks like the fat twat is finally on his way out and I can enjoy football again. But been fairly critical of the Saudi regime in the past and have read plenty of horror stories about them.

Probably missed the discussion on this already. But what are people’s thoughts on being owned by a bunch of reprehensible scumbags, who make Mike Ashley seem fairly decent in comparison?

I’m caught in two minds. Obviously happy that it looks like the fat twat is finally on his way out and I can enjoy football again. But been fairly critical of the Saudi regime in the past and have read plenty of horror stories about them.

Personally don't think I'll be supporting us much, but won't blame anyone that will do that. Just hope it doesn't come to Newcastle fans trying to justify things that the regime do, like some Man City fans do

I’m caught in two minds. Obviously happy that it looks like the fat t*** is finally on his way out and I can enjoy football again. But been fairly critical of the Saudi regime in the past and have read plenty of horror stories about them.

Western governments bomb shepherds in the middle east for fun and introduce policies like ‘herd immunity’.

Just use a bit of the old whataboutary  and you should be able to convince yourself that this is ok.

The UK government is happy to deal with them and I’m sure we actually supplied them with £650m worth of weapons, so I honestly don’t feel concerned.

I would take a consortium of Jack the Rippers corpse with Fred West to get rid of Ashley though.

The UK government is happy to deal with them and I’m sure we actually supplied them with £650m worth of weapons, so I honestly don’t feel concerned.

I would take a consortium of Jack the Rippers corpse with Fred West to get rid of Ashley though.

Turns out two wrongs do make a right.

mixed feelings very mixed feelings and anyone bringing up points about them killing journalists, the lack of human rights and anything resembling lgbt tolerance is completely right to. Ashley is a deeply unpleasant person but he's an angel by comparison to this lot.

This moral high horse is a hard one. There are atrocities happening all over the world and are ignored by our government and the rest of the modern world (look at China imprisoning millions of Muslims). So to ask football supporters to take a moral stance is a bit of a soft target.

Start with the global leaders first eh?

I like right next door to them and honestly they're not  half as bad as the media tries to portray them, what many people in the UK think of them is quite far from the reality.