Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Looking at Liverpool and Man City - they have a Chairman, CEO, and Technical or Sporting Director. I wonder how that will work for us - will Yasir Al-Rumayyan have the time to be our Chairman? Seen that mentioned. You assume Staveley will either be that position or CEO?

Just going to be happy having an actual setup with an actual Board and executives running the club.

Guest neesy111

The fit and proper person test is such a joke like :lol:

It is, but how do you define someone is fit and proper.  It's a subjective question.

What the actual fuck is going on?  :kasper: :frantic:

I was in this thread last night and was sceptical to say the very least.  Lots of Twitter ITK wankers crawling out the woodwork again.  Thought it was repeat of the summer.  Stayed off the forum until tonight... just caught up on the last 30 odd pages...

I'm in fuckin la-la land here!! 

Guest The Little Waster

Anyone point me in the direction  of those plans for the pitch to be rotated so the stadium could be extended. I'm sure I was reading it on here the other day.

Just build a 100 000 seater on the town moor n keep St James for the reserves ... wa rich man ?

Probably mentioned earlier and purely conjecture, but the idea of PIF or MBS failing the fit and proper person test when the UK is about to try and negotiate trade deals with the Emirate States as part of Brexit, is somewhat unlikely... It's not like Abramovitch who is one person, this would be telling one of (if not) the richest of these states and one of our large trade partners, that their business wasn't welcome. While I realise the PL isn't the UK government, I'm fairly sure the PL would fall into line if it's a matter of harming negotiations.

Yeah, I don't see anyway this doesn't get approved by the Premier League. They're not going to turn down the money getting involved and potentially having another club competing at the top of the table and in Europe. Assuming the test did actually start a week ago, I think the only way this doesn't happen is Ashley pulls out

Probably mentioned earlier and purely conjecture, but the idea of PIF or MBS failing the fit and proper person test when the UK is about to try and negotiate trade deals with the Emirate States as part of Brexit, is somewhat unlikely... It's not like Abramovitch who is one person, this would be telling one of (if not) the richest of these states and one of our large trade partners, that their business wasn't welcome. While I realise the PL isn't the UK government, I'm fairly sure the PL would fall into line if it's a matter of harming negotiations.

The Premier League aren’t rejecting it.

First of all, there is no reason to reject them. Ok there are questions marks over their human rights etc, but there have been no arrests, no convictions, no world wide arrest warrant issued. If the proposed owner walked into 10 Downing Street with our prime minister a few years ago, then he’s not getting rejected.

Secondly, the money they are investing will not be turned down, especially with the situation as it is right now.

Do you honestly think the Premier League would reject money coming into the game that in theory would be enough to bring the likes of Messi and Mbappe to the Premier League?