Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Fucking piss take.

They point out what every country does wrong, yet where was the calls to block the takeover of other clubs?

Just last week they said they wouldn’t even get involved but would just ask for our fans to think about the Saudi regime.

Nothing will be made of it in anyway, it’s already been said that the UK government would have to intervene to prevent it from happening on the human rights grounds. Additionally, the prince won’t be named as an owner or a director, everything will be through PIF.

If the Premier League rejects this takeover on the basis of media pressure etc I don’t think I’ll be able to take the Ashley regime any longer. I think the dejection would even kill football for me. That’s how all in at any cost I am of getting rid of Ashley now.

There's no way the PL will veto it, I don't see that they'd have grounds given Man City's very similar set-up. Pretty obvious to me that nation states shouldn't own football clubs but too late for that now.

There's no way the PL will veto it, I don't see that they'd have grounds given Man City's very similar set-up. Pretty obvious to me that nation states shouldn't own football clubs but too late for that now.

Agreed. The system we have in this country means this was always going to happen eventually though. Need to find a way of implementing the 50+1 rule.

Aye :thup:

I’d much rather Amnesty got in touch with the NUST, arranged to have a kiosk outside the ground on match days to provide information etc?

Our fans and they can’t prevent this takeover. Instead of being mouthy on Twitter and writing letters they know won’t work, why not work with our fans to educate them and the wider community?