Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

There's a line in The Times today that Chris Mort was offered, and has declined, Charnley's job.

He was working on behalf of Staveley the last time around but don’t think he’s involved this time.

Can’t imagine he’d have talked to anyone, he’s quite professional as Ashley appointments go..

?

Asked to name his worst moment, Quinn said: "I would have have to say after the Newcastle result away.

"To see their chairman come into the boardroom at St James' Park doing the conga, that was hard to take."

Yeah I assumed the point was about respected journalists who've been writing about these issues for years rather than idiot TV presenters. Don't understand why you'd even let someone like Keys, a bloke who was too much of a moron for Sky Sports (!), wind you up, like who cares?

How many people do you think read the Guardian or Independent to read the views of respected journalists? Most get their news from the Sun or the Daily Mail, so people like Richard Keys and Talksport tossers are the ones getting their point across, at least for the average punter.

Where have you plucked that point from? The Guardian has a monthly readership of 55 million, The Independent 50 million. The Daily Mail's is only 5 million more, The Sun's 20 million more. (Source - https://www.newsworks.org.uk/) How far are people going to go to continue making these points? Can you not just admit that the issue has come into your own focus because it's something you pay attention to?

Are those online figures? Because I am pretty sure that the Guardian and Independent would have a lot of international readers which would contribute to those figures, whereas the tabloids will generally get only the British readers, and those are the ones who matter in relation to this deal. No one in Korea will give a crap about Richard Keys for example, but people over here will.

Yeah I assumed the point was about respected journalists who've been writing about these issues for years rather than idiot TV presenters. Don't understand why you'd even let someone like Keys, a bloke who was too much of a moron for Sky Sports (!), wind you up, like who cares?

How many people do you think read the Guardian or Independent to read the views of respected journalists? Most get their news from the Sun or the Daily Mail, so people like Richard Keys and Talksport tossers are the ones getting their point across, at least for the average punter.

Where have you plucked that point from? The Guardian has a monthly readership of 55 million, The Independent 50 million. The Daily Mail's is only 5 million more, The Sun's 20 million more. (Source - https://www.newsworks.org.uk/) How far are people going to go to continue making these points? Can you not just admit that the issue has come into your own focus because it's something you pay attention to?

Are those online figures? Because I am pretty sure that the Guardian and Independent would have a lot of international readers which would contribute to those figures, whereas the tabloids will generally get only the British readers, and those are the ones who matter in relation to this deal. No one in Korea will give a crap about Richard Keys for example, but people over here will.

All of them are combined online and publishing figures, but even then the idea that national press is somehow what matters over international press is backwards. No idea why you'd pursue this line of argument like.

All of them are combined online and publishing figures, but even then the idea that national press is somehow what matters over international press is backwards. No idea why you'd pursue this line of argument like.

Because I live here, and the general consensus of opinion in this country impacts me a lot more than what happens around the world. The takeover is being discussed furiously in this country, but I am guessing in other countries they would probably not even give it a second glance.

It is said Bruce is fearful of losing his job but he will be given time and will be expected to outline his plans on how he believes Newcastle can progress.

Fish N Chips

Balti              Kebab                  Chips      Fried Breakfast

Kung Po

Shawarma                          Chipotle Burrito

Egg Sarnie                                    Curry N Chips

Sweet n Sour Chicken

Bacon?

Been told on good authority that NCC leadership had a conference call with one AS earlier this week, to revisit plans around investment in the city and surrounding areas as part of their overall plan. 

Just sharing.

It is said Bruce is fearful of losing his job but he will be given time and will be expected to outline his plans on how he believes Newcastle can progress.

Fish N Chips

Kung Po

Sweet n Sour Chicken

Bacon?

injured, currently being treated in a Karrimor paddling pool

Fish N Chips

Kung Po

Sweet n Sour Chicken

Bacon?

On the bench with Meat Feast, Mince Pie and Lasagne

Because I live here, and the general consensus of opinion in this country impacts me a lot more than what happens around the world. The takeover is being discussed furiously in this country, but I am guessing in other countries they would probably not even give it a second glance.

Isn't that the exact point me and others are trying to make? That it's not Newcastle's being singled out, it's just that your own awareness of this shit has increased because it's come into your world and that outside of that world there's already a very high level of awareness of MBS and what the Saudis are responsible for?

Both worlds have collided and now Newcastle and its fans will be inextricably linked with him and the things he's done, whether we like it or not.

Fish N Chips

Kung Po

Sweet n Sour Chicken

Bacon?

On the bench with Meat Feast, Mince Pie and Lasagne

Doesn't Kebab play in Midfield. Fucking Bruce.

The guys from the Independent and the Guardian are getting by far the most grief.

I think many people feel that Independent journalists are a bit hypocritical, when a Saudi investor part owns the company.

I thought that journalists' work not being dictated by the owners of their outlets would be seen as a good thing but you live and learn.

Been told on good authority that NCC leadership had a conference call with one AS earlier this week, to revisit plans around investment in the city and surrounding areas as part of their overall plan. 

Just sharing.

Interesting.

The guys from the Independent and the Guardian are getting by far the most grief.

I think many people feel that Independent journalists are a bit hypocritical, when a Saudi investor part owns the company.

I thought that journalists' work not being dictated by the owners of their outlets would be seen as a good thing but you live and learn.

He could try and get a job at another newspaper, since hes so principled.

Just sharing.

Interesting.

I think most others are more interested in going round in circles arguing the morality of it all by the looks of things :lol:

Guest neesy111

Maybe he has, how would you know he hasn't?

Guest reefatoon

Just sharing.

Interesting.

Definitely interesting, especially when I realised he didn't mean Alan Shearer.

Just sharing.

Interesting.

Definitely interesting, especially when I realised he didn't mean Alan Shearer.

Shevchenko obviously.

Totally agree, but you could see how some feel that being lectured by someone who takes a wage from a part Saudi owned newspaper, might come across as double standards.

Guest reefatoon

Just sharing.

Interesting.

I think most others are more interested in going round in circles arguing the morality of it all by the looks of things :lol:

:lol: :lol: the soap box derby

And if he does that, how does it change the situation at NUFC or whether it's right or wrong for these guys to own the club?

It doesn't at all, it's just a lazy cheap point scoring exercise to avoid discussing the actual issue. Play the ball, not the man.