Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/22/broadcast-rights-trump-human-rights-in-premier-leagues-newcastle-battleground?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

Starts off okay, trails into more finger pointing at us. Starting to feel a Siege mentality coming on here.

I was pretty nonchalant till every journalist in the world started telling me what to think.

Yup. Same here. I was feeling a lot of negative emotions but the outside sources have done a great job on me that I’m now hoping it goes through just to piss the world off. Fuck. Them. All. 

It won't be blocked.  Chill your knickers.

Al narrayan has obviosuly been selected to represent a fit and proper saudi.

Reuben seems fit and proper.

Amanda is definately proper fit and proper

Maybe wishful thinking but hopefully Ashley is pushing Barnes and his daughter’s fiancé to force it through so he can get the cash, knowing this is the most money he is going to get in the current climate.

I just dont get why the arse hole bought debenhams?

Hes had his luck and now the pendulum swang so hard it came off

So the PL are going to be looking into the piracy of PL games in Saudi Arabia? That literally has nothing to do with the PIF and Yasir Al-Rumayyan so I can't see how they can block this.  Need this rubber stamped asap. I cant take another 3 weeks of this like.

Guest chopey

I think Newcastle fans need some "why always me" tee shirts, the press do seem to have it in for us and it's getting a bit stupid and discriminatory now, it was only a few months ago that Talksport ran a poll asking if Ashley should save jobs at Debenhams or spend money on transfers.

Not one other clubs receives this treatment.

I think Newcastle fans need some "why always me" tee shirts, the press do seem to have it in for us and it's getting a bit stupid and discriminatory now, it was only a few months ago that Talksport ran a poll asking if Ashley should save jobs at Debenhams or spend money on transfers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/23/uae-human-rights-man-city-jailing-british-academic

Guest chopey

That's fair enough but there is a big difference between 1 bloke writing a magazine piece about his feelings for his club and the vitriol from all comers jealous at the fact that we could overtake them and get a bigger slice of the pie.

Said every football fan ever existed.

I don't think it's Newcastle, like.  This would have happened to anybody that was going to be bought out in this manner.  Norwich would have got exactly the same grief, so would Sunderland, so would Liverpool, so would PSG.  We just notice it more because.. well, because we're Newcastle fans at the centre of it :lol:  I'm pretty sure that a lot of us would be dishing out the same sort of "ah, but you've got it at the price of your very souls" vitriol if it was another club that was getting bought.

Ultimately I agree that a good proportion of it is motivated by jealousy at what might be rather than genuine political interest and concern, though.

Saudi`s are filthy rich, why on earth they need to involve in cheap piracy :lol: Middle East really is a mystery playground  :lol:

I think that after SA and UAE started the blockade of Qatar, BeIN stopped broadcasting to those countries. I am not sure this is correct, but I read it somewhere.

The one thing keeps me thinking it will still happen is the non refundable deposit they have paid, which surely means they have already rigorously gone through the checks themselves to make sure there is zero chance of them failing it.

The one thing keeps me thinking it will still happen is the non refundable deposit they have paid, which surely means they have already rigorously gone through the checks themselves to make sure there is zero chance of them failing it.

It’s peanuts though. That’s the worry. It all depends how much they want the club. There’ll be a tipping point where the bad press will outweigh the benefits.

It’s peanuts though. That’s the worry. It all depends how much they want the club. There’ll be a tipping point where the bad press will outweigh the benefits.

It’s certainly not peanuts to Stavely who will herself have put some money in