Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

IF this takeover fails ( :tickedoff: ), do you think we'd see another buyer immediately step up? Wonder if PCP and the Reuben Brothers would go it alone without the backing of PIF.

Considering the difficult times all clubs are facing you really need to be a rich Saudi to even consider buying one now.

I said this previously, the Saudis must be the only party that can actually afford to invest in football right now. If this falls through it's Ashley for the foreseeable future. Why would anyone want to put money into a sport where you don't even know whether spectators can attend games for the next 12 months?

I'm pleased we have had a relatively quiet day. No takeover news, no amnesty, no Bein sports, I think we all needed that.

We needed a cool down.

Resulted in a bunch of us arguing with each other :lol:

Aye, I tend to park in Manors if I'm driving in. The walk into town from there is grim as owt. The old bus station on Worswick Street is absolutely lifting.

If we build a stadium on that land, the new Gallowgate end needs to go there in honour of the dead Gallowgate pigeon and the dead pigeons in the rafters above the car parking spaces in that former bus station.

I'm pleased we have had a relatively quiet day. No takeover news, no amnesty, no Bein sports, I think we all needed that.

We needed a cool down.

Exactly what I've just been thinking. Hopefully it stays like this until a positive announcement is made.

EPS won’t be used for a new stadium. To make room for it you would need to knock down a few buildings, some of which are listed.

At the bottom of the site their is a new building about to be build on the former BOE site.

We needed a cool down.

Till 10pm tonight when the papers are realised online

Even papers get bored if they cant find a new angle to fire from.

We needed a cool down.

Till 10pm tonight when the papers are realised online

Even papers get bored if they cant find a new angle to fire from.

Yep, they’ve done the excitement angle, they moved on to the ‘what could scupper the deal’ stage, think now it’ll be like this until it’s official.

I think it gets announced next Friday. It’s 2 weeks today since the paperwork went in to the PL.

A good few reporters have said it would be 2-3 weeks, say they finish their report by Wednesday, that leaves a day or so for everyone to get their PR releases done properly.

I think it’ll be low key. An announcement on the website and maybe a secondary statement on their short term and long term goals. If they give the press a chance some numpty is going to ask Staveley what she thinks about reporters being hacked up..

If the season does resume at some stage they’re going to need to coach Bruce on dealing with such questions (this is why I think they’ll bin him fairly quickly..)

Well the life has been well and truly sucked out of this take over.  I'd rather stick with Ashley.

You want to try the at what cost thread. Your stereotypical Football supporters have changed quite a bit. Unless it’s just on here?

It IS just on here!

Nowhere else is influenced by some of the weird comments that appear on that thread. Reading that thread convinces you that all the evils in the world have been (will be) caused by our Takeover.

It is feeble, to put it mildly.

It's funny you say that because most of the people I know in real life, including a woman I work with who's been going to matches since the mid '80s, are dead against the takeover or just as conflicted about it all. I don't think it's fair to judge the support overall because it's just as it's been for the entire time I've been supporting the club - split.

Well the life has been well and truly sucked out of this take over.  I'd rather stick with Ashley.

You want to try the at what cost thread. Your stereotypical Football supporters have changed quite a bit. Unless it’s just on here?

It IS just on here!

Nowhere else is influenced by some of the weird comments that appear on that thread. Reading that thread convinces you that all the evils in the world have been (will be) caused by our Takeover.

It's funny you say that because most of the people I know in real life, including a woman I work with who's been going to matches since the mid '80s, are dead against the takeover or just as conflicted about it all. I don't think it's fair to judge the support overall because it's just as it's been for the entire time I've been supporting the club - split.

I always find when I talk to people with views like yours (in real life) that NOTHING that I or anyone else says to them ever sinks in, but the same type of self-assured words come back at me, time and time and time again. I should not have responded, as I knew what I would get back.

This is the end of our conversation.

We needed a cool down.

Lasted long.

So a shitty version of Amnesty then?

I like how they willingly works with the owners of Man City etc but won’t work with our owners.

It IS just on here!

It IS just on here!

I always find when I talk to people with views like yours (in real life) that NOTHING that I or anyone else says to them ever sinks in, but the same type of self-assured words come back at me, time and time and time again. I should not have responded, as I knew what I would get back.

We didn't even start to have one in the first place :lol: and I'm not sure what I said to make you think any of that tbh, but suit yourself.

Wish everyone would just fuck off and leave us alone.

Does that come from a place of concern that the takeover is genuinely likely to be blocked?

The more backlash there is, the more concerned I am. Based on nothing but fear.

It IS just on here!

It IS just on here!

We didn't even start to have one in the first place :lol: and I'm not sure what I said to make you think any of that tbh, but suit yourself.

kisearch, go fuck yourself.

We needed a cool down.

Lasted long.

Good. I'm sure the FA and PL have enough on their plates already without having to answer every letter or communication expecting them to start a dialogue.

It's so Newcastle United that on the verge of getting rid of Mike Ashley everyone is trying to stop it :lol:

I doubt the latter matters much, including the fact they say the PL should prevent governments from owning clubs, which is fucking impossible now.

I'm mostly just tired of this, just wanted it done with. Can't enjoy one minute of a potentially massive takeover. It's just not worth it at this point

If the PL were quashing this on human rights grounds, it wouldnt have got past the first week IMO.

You dont start with financial checks, then move on to despotism.

"So Mr Hitler, your financial documents are all in order and this is an excellent plan for the development of this football club in which you wish to purchase. Now, if we could just have a peak at your human rights file and..... oh wow, somebodies been a naughty boy!"