Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

... I just want closure... this constant waiting in messing my unstable, lockdown sanity up!  :'(

It will happen. Just sit back, relax and enjoy another day of the reporter merry go round.

Been told on good authority that NCC leadership had a conference call with one AS earlier this week, to revisit plans around investment in the city and surrounding areas as part of their overall plan. 

Just sharing.

Can confirm.

Guest reefatoon

Been told on good authority that NCC leadership had a conference call with one AS earlier this week, to revisit plans around investment in the city and surrounding areas as part of their overall plan. 

Just sharing.

Can confirm.

It's things like this I am really looking forward to hearing about.

Just sharing.

Can confirm.

This sounds nice and positive :thup:

Do the Reuben Brothers own part of Pilgrim St or have I made that up?

They own the plot at the bottom of Pilgrim St where the old Bank of England building was and much of the derelict land around it. Not sure if they own all the way up to the container park.

The guys from the Independent and the Guardian are getting by far the most grief.

I think many people feel that Independent journalists are a bit hypocritical, when a Saudi investor part owns the company.

I thought that journalists' work not being dictated by the owners of their outlets would be seen as a good thing but you live and learn.

He could try and get a job at another newspaper, since hes so principled.

Or do something like write articles about it? There's a weird dynamic at play here where a lot of the people who wouldn't walk away from watching football matches despite hating their club's owner are now expecting people to walk away from their jobs instead of kicking up a fuss.

They own the plot at the bottom of Pilgrim St where the old Bank of England building was and much of the derelict land around it. Not sure if they own all the way up to the container park.

The own The Stack. It is temporary until they finalise plans for the site.

Fuck me im so bored of all this already. Don’t think I can take years of this bickering no matter what success comes

:lol: :lol: round and around and around we go.......

Aye  :lol: Ultimately all rather pointless as everyone will come to their own moral standpoint and draw their lines in the sand. Personally just looking forward to supporting a club which wants to compete again, it's as simple as that.

Yeah I assumed the point was about respected journalists who've been writing about these issues for years rather than idiot TV presenters. Don't understand why you'd even let someone like Keys, a bloke who was too much of a moron for Sky Sports (!), wind you up, like who cares?

How many people do you think read the Guardian or Independent to read the views of respected journalists? Most get their news from the Sun or the Daily Mail, so people like Richard Keys and Talksport tossers are the ones getting their point across, at least for the average punter.

Where have you plucked that point from? The Guardian has a monthly readership of 55 million, The Independent 50 million. The Daily Mail's is only 5 million more, The Sun's 20 million more. (Source - https://www.newsworks.org.uk/) How far are people going to go to continue making these points? Can you not just admit that the issue has come into your own focus because it's something you pay attention to?

Are those online figures? Because I am pretty sure that the Guardian and Independent would have a lot of international readers which would contribute to those figures, whereas the tabloids will generally get only the British readers, and those are the ones who matter in relation to this deal. No one in Korea will give a crap about Richard Keys for example, but people over here will.

All of them are combined online and publishing figures, but even then the idea that national press is somehow what matters over international press is backwards. No idea why you'd pursue this line of argument like.

Because I live here, and the general consensus of opinion in this country impacts me a lot more than what happens around the world. The takeover is being discussed furiously in this country, but I am guessing in other countries they would probably not even give it a second glance.

Isn't that the exact point me and others are trying to make? That it's not Newcastle's being singled out, it's just that your own awareness of this shit has increased because it's come into your world and that outside of that world there's already a very high level of awareness of MBS and what the Saudis are responsible for?

Both worlds have collided and now Newcastle and its fans will be inextricably linked with him and the things he's done, whether we like it or not.

The rest of the world won't be that bothered about Newcastle Utd, at least not in my opinion. They might read the article and then shrug their shoulders. More than likely they'll be far more preoccupied with what's going on in their own neck of the woods.

FWIW, I've never said we are being singled out, my gripe has never been with Amnesty or political journalists who write for the broadsheets. It's always been about the Paul Mersons, Richard Keys and Martin Samuels. Yes I know they are massive bell-ends, but these are the people with the loudest voices which affect me as a Newcastle supporter. Whether they reach the ears of someone sitting in the Congo is irrelevant to me.

Fuck me im so bored of all this already. Don’t think I can take years of this bickering no matter what success comes

:lol: :lol: round and around and around we go.......

Aye  :lol: Ultimately all rather pointless as everyone will come to their own moral standpoint and draw their lines in the sand. Personally just looking forward to supporting a club which wants to compete again, it's as simple as that.

Having actual football to watch will help as well, obviously at the minute this is all there is for anyone to talk about, media included.

Yeah I assumed the point was about respected journalists who've been writing about these issues for years rather than idiot TV presenters. Don't understand why you'd even let someone like Keys, a bloke who was too much of a moron for Sky Sports (!), wind you up, like who cares?

How many people do you think read the Guardian or Independent to read the views of respected journalists? Most get their news from the Sun or the Daily Mail, so people like Richard Keys and Talksport tossers are the ones getting their point across, at least for the average punter.

Where have you plucked that point from? The Guardian has a monthly readership of 55 million, The Independent 50 million. The Daily Mail's is only 5 million more, The Sun's 20 million more. (Source - https://www.newsworks.org.uk/) How far are people going to go to continue making these points? Can you not just admit that the issue has come into your own focus because it's something you pay attention to?

Are those online figures? Because I am pretty sure that the Guardian and Independent would have a lot of international readers which would contribute to those figures, whereas the tabloids will generally get only the British readers, and those are the ones who matter in relation to this deal. No one in Korea will give a crap about Richard Keys for example, but people over here will.

All of them are combined online and publishing figures, but even then the idea that national press is somehow what matters over international press is backwards. No idea why you'd pursue this line of argument like.

Because I live here, and the general consensus of opinion in this country impacts me a lot more than what happens around the world. The takeover is being discussed furiously in this country, but I am guessing in other countries they would probably not even give it a second glance.

Isn't that the exact point me and others are trying to make? That it's not Newcastle's being singled out, it's just that your own awareness of this s*** has increased because it's come into your world and that outside of that world there's already a very high level of awareness of MBS and what the Saudis are responsible for?

Both worlds have collided and now Newcastle and its fans will be inextricably linked with him and the things he's done, whether we like it or not.

The rest of the world won't be that bothered about Newcastle Utd, at least not in my opinion. They might read the article and then shrug their shoulders. More than likely they'll be far more preoccupied with what's going on in their own neck of the woods.

FWIW, I've never said we are being singled out, my gripe has never been with Amnesty or political journalists who write for the broadsheets. It's always been about the Paul Mersons, Richard Keys and Martin Samuels. Yes I know they are massive bell-ends, but these are the people with the loudest voices which affect me as a Newcastle supporter. Whether they reach the ears of someone sitting in the Congo is irrelevant to me.

I'm not sure why you'd let that bouquet of dicks get to you tbh, but going back to your first point, the rest of the world are bothered about SBM, it doesn't matter if they're aware of Newcastle or not.

Just sharing.

Can confirm.

Sounds like it could be an exciting time to move back to the North East  :naughty:

Isn't that the exact point me and others are trying to make? That it's not Newcastle's being singled out, it's just that your own awareness of this s*** has increased because it's come into your world and that outside of that world there's already a very high level of awareness of MBS and what the Saudis are responsible for?

I'm not sure why you'd let that bouquet of dicks get to you tbh, but going back to your first point, the rest of the world are bothered about SBM, it doesn't matter if they're aware of Newcastle or not.

The rest of the world are bothered about SBM, but not bothered enough to let it get in the way of making money. That's not a criticism btw, just pointing out the reality of how the world works.

The rest of the world are bothered about SBM, but not bothered enough to let it get in the way of making money. That's not a criticism btw, just pointing out the reality of how the world works.

Are they aware you're speaking on their behalf? :lol:

Yep and the Racecourse!

Guest chopey

Yep and the Racecourse!

and the dogs, don't forget the dogs

I am 99.999% sure they're not going to do shit but that .001% believes that it would be SO FUCKING ON-BRAND Newcastle United for the PL to finally draw a line in the sand with us that I can't discount it entirely :lol: :lol: