Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This has totally took over my life now. Especially as I'm on furlough from work for the foreseeable.

Just go fishing scoot. Oh that’s not allowed either.

This has totally took over my life now. Especially as I'm on furlough from work for the foreseeable.

ya'll holding batshit mental protests about opening back up like us yanks? :lol:

Didn't know Scoot was a charver.

He’s an angler. Sport of gentlemen.

Do the Reuben Brothers own part of Pilgrim St or have I made that up?

They own the plot at the bottom of Pilgrim St where the old Bank of England building was and much of the derelict land around it. Not sure if they own all the way up to the container park.

The own The Stack. It is temporary until they finalise plans for the site.

The Reubens own a very large area of the City Centre.

That area is known as the "East Pilgrim Street (EPS) Development Area" and covers all of the City Centre from Carliol House down to 55 Degrees North, and from Pilgrim Street eastwards to the Central Motorway East (CME).

This is the area shown here, within the red line . . .

East%20Pilgrim%20Street%20-%20EPS%202_zpsddalbxta.jpg

I am 99.999% sure they're not going to do shit but that .001% believes that it would be SO FUCKING ON-BRAND Newcastle United for the PL to finally draw a line in the sand with us that I can't discount it entirely :lol: :lol:

The PL will likely draw it out a little longer to make it look like they are "investigating" going to be an agonizing week or two wait.

A charver? :lol:

I'm a very sophisticated fella.

They own the plot at the bottom of Pilgrim St where the old Bank of England building was and much of the derelict land around it. Not sure if they own all the way up to the container park.

That area is known as the "East Pilgrim Street (EPS) Development Area" and covers all of the City Centre from Carliol House down to 55 Degrees North, and from Pilgrim Street eastwards to the Central Motorway East (CME).

Nice. It could do with being regenerated. Everything east of Monument is a bit meh imo

Nice. It could do with being regenerated. Everything east of Monument is a bit meh imo

Could you fit a football stadium in there?  :lol:

If there's anywhere that we could have a stadium it'd be around there (that's if we had to move)

Could build a decent complex there and you'd still get the view of "the cathedral on the hill" for people coming over the tyne bridge.

Yes, they had acquired most of this area by 2007, when the Economic Crisis started (the "Credit Crunch" as it was initially called) and this slowed things down to a dead stop, for quite a few years, hence the appearance of decline and decay in that particular area of the City Centre.

This year a number of significant developments within EPS have been approved, and you would have seen a LOT of new construction and re-furbishment of some existing quality buildings happening this year.

What will actually happen this year, due to the disruption to the construction industry caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, remains to be seen.

Well the life has been well and truly sucked out of this take over.  I'd rather stick with Ashley.

You want to try the at what cost thread. Your stereotypical Football supporters have changed quite a bit. Unless it’s just on here?

Well the life has been well and truly sucked out of this take over.  I'd rather stick with Ashley.

You want to try the at what cost thread. Your stereotypical Football supporters have changed quite a bit. Unless it’s just on here?

It IS just on here!

Nowhere else is influenced by some of the weird comments that appear on that thread. Reading that thread convinces you that all the evils in the world have been (will be) caused by our Takeover.

It is feeble, to put it mildly.

It IS just on here!

Nowhere else is influenced by some of the weird comments that appear on that thread. Reading that thread convinces you that all the evils in the world have been (will be) caused by our Takeover.

It is feeble, to put it mildly.

It's funny you say that because most of the people I know in real life, including a woman I work with who's been going to matches since the mid '80s, are dead against the takeover or just as conflicted about it all. I don't think it's fair to judge the support overall because it's just as it's been for the entire time I've been supporting the club - split.

IF this takeover fails ( :tickedoff: ), do you think we'd see another buyer immediately step up? Wonder if PCP and the Reuben Brothers would go it alone without the backing of PIF.

Considering the difficult times all clubs are facing you really need to be a rich Saudi to even consider buying one now.