Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Ah come on ffs, it’s a quote and has been used plenty for jokes on here I’m sure.

Sir Bobby sadly isn't alive to choose a side here. Have some respect and leave him out of it. Don't bastardise a quote to try to score points in some stupid fucking argument online, it's crass and sick.

Ah come on ffs, it’s a quote and has been used plenty for jokes on here I’m sure.

Sir Bobby sadly isn't alive to choose a side here. Have some respect and leave him out of it. Don't bastardise a quote to try to score points in some stupid fucking argument online, it's crass and sick.

He was talking about The Beatles dude :lol:

Unless I've just been Wooshed....

:lol:

:lol: yes, and the Beatles are shite while we’re at it. But regardless my overall point is he wasn’t convicted. Does anyone listen to Gary Glitter still?

That's a myth, nobody ever did.

Whereas Michael Jackson, bangers for days, bhaisaab.

Glitters “Touch Me” album from ‘73 has some critical acclaim.

Unless I've just been Wooshed....

John Lennon isn't alive to choose a side here. Have some respect and leave him out of it. Don't bastardise a quote to try to score points in some stupid fucking argument online, it's crass and sick.

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's having loads of money to spend on players and ignoring everything else. the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

I think everyones well aware of your opinion without you having to repeat it every 2 minutes. The ability to post after deleting your account is quite impressive also  :lol:

As I mentioned, that was in response to specific posts and I can post whatever I want.

Of course you can, but you're only having the effect of making others dig trenches basically. There has to be a way we can have a more amicable debate here ffs.

Sorry, but posters were saying they wanted the Saudis over another potential U.S option and that unless it was someone with Jeff Bezos' wealth they weren't interested. They chose which trench to dig and I thought an edit of SBR's quote, the original of which we're all happy to repeat as representative of being a football supporter, was an effective way to highlight that.

Do you not think it's a bit of a low blow (and even disrespectful) to use (and edit) a quote of Sir Bobby's out of the original context? He isn't here to take a side like you are.

No, not really, I think it's very pertinent.

I think it's absolutely f***ing disgusting that you have bastardised a quote from an absolute legend for the sole purpose of scoring points online.

Yes, editing quotes on a football forum to make a point about where some of our supporters priorities lie is where we need to draw the ethical line in this whole debate. :lol: It's the snowflakes who are disgusted by the Saudi's human rights record who are the sanctimonious ones, not those morally outraged at the sight of a quote being thrown back in their face.

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's having loads of money to spend on players and ignoring everything else. the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

I think everyones well aware of your opinion without you having to repeat it every 2 minutes. The ability to post after deleting your account is quite impressive also  :lol:

As I mentioned, that was in response to specific posts and I can post whatever I want.

Of course you can, but you're only having the effect of making others dig trenches basically. There has to be a way we can have a more amicable debate here ffs.

Sorry, but posters were saying they wanted the Saudis over another potential U.S option and that unless it was someone with Jeff Bezos' wealth they weren't interested. They chose which trench to dig and I thought an edit of SBR's quote, the original of which we're all happy to repeat as representative of being a football supporter, was an effective way to highlight that.

Do you not think it's a bit of a low blow (and even disrespectful) to use (and edit) a quote of Sir Bobby's out of the original context? He isn't here to take a side like you are.

I think it's absolutely f***ing disgusting that you have bastardised a quote from an absolute legend for the sole purpose of scoring points online.

Yes, editing quotes on a football forum to make a point about where some of our supporters priorities lie is where we need to draw the ethical line in this whole debate. :lol: It's the snowflakes who are disgusted by the Saudi's human rights record who are the sanctimonious ones, not those morally outraged at the sight of a quote being thrown back in their face.

Are you playing the victim for the sake of it?

I'm abhorred by the Saudis human rights record and have been for a long time, unfortunately our Government are mates with the fuckers and us as fans don't have any power over any of this. Go find those people who support their actions and argue with them instead of banging on and on here. I'm out anyway.

And yes, bastardising a quote from Sir Bobby for the purpose you did is still disrespectful in my eyes.

Guest godzilla

Need to lock this thread until sale or fail

Or keep the moral issues to the 'success at what cost thread' and then anyone who wants to discuss/argue over points can at their own freewill. Happens every few pages when it goes back round to the morals of the sale; and obviously a lot of people are getting a bit fed up that it is.

Fucking hell, what’s with all the nonce appreciation?

Roll off to RTG.

I don't think people are being serious  :lol: It got out of hand but it was basically a response to the question 'are people able to divorce themselves from attachment to anything ie. art as they are able to do with this club if the Saudi's become involved?'. Just to clear it up. No nonce appreciation here, apart from Mandoon. (it's a joke)

Saudi regime and potential regeneration of SJP & Newcastle.

‘Architecture and Morality’, two subjects I’m sure we could discuss all night. Indeed, the lines are open if you want to call, make a comment on either architecture or morality, two equally hot but differently shaped potatoes. Chips, and… crinkle-cut chips.

Guest Howaythetoon

People need to calm down, this will be announced officially soon and once a ball is kicked I’m pretty sure whatever side of the fence we all sit on, we will all take plesure in seeing our club competing and trying to be a proper football club again, regardless of our owners. I’m just hoping Rafa comes back to reunite us all like he did under ??????!

‘Architecture and Morality’, two subjects I’m sure we could discuss all night. Indeed, the lines are open if you want to call, make a comment on either architecture or morality, two equally hot but differently shaped potatoes. Chips, and… crinkle-cut chips.

Fucking hell, man. I've only just wasted my life reading through the past five pages. Don't kick it all off again.

Ki....f*** off mate. You have literally nothing to offer here.

Well what I offered lead to your reaction tbf, but stay angry based on your wrong presumptions about my point if it makes you feel better.

"what I offered"....was a load of misinformed shite but yeah, I am angry. I'm often angry....but not at you. You don't matter. Stay safe.

Fucking hell, man. I've only just wasted my life reading through the past five pages. Don't kick it all off again.

I just thought it was an OMD reference :lol:

7icc38bWw2Yi.gif

:lol: yes, and the Beatles are shite while we’re at it. But regardless my overall point is he wasn’t convicted. Does anyone listen to Gary Glitter still?

That's a myth, nobody ever did.

Whereas Michael Jackson, bangers for days, bhaisaab.

Glitters “Touch Me” album from ‘73 has some critical acclaim.

Not surprised, if you can separate his music from the other stuff, it was pretty unique.

I'm abhorred by the Saudis human rights record and have been for a long time, unfortunately our Government are mates with the f***ers and us as fans don't have any power over any of this. Go find those people who support their actions and argue with them instead of banging on and on here. I'm out anyway.

And yes, bastardising a quote from Sir Bobby for the purpose you did is still disrespectful in my eyes.

I don't think I'm a victim at all. I just find it really ridiculous that in this discussion the idea of questioning those openly saying they'd prefer the Saudis because of their money, even when an alternative is available, is somehow controversial. For someone who clearly holds SBR's quote close to their heart, I find it odd that you'd view someone wanting to see the sentiment of it upheld as the outrageous one.

I'm abhorred by the Saudis human rights record and have been for a long time, unfortunately our Government are mates with the f***ers and us as fans don't have any power over any of this. Go find those people who support their actions and argue with them instead of banging on and on here. I'm out anyway.

I don't think I'm a victim at all. I just find it really ridiculous that in this discussion the idea of questioning those openly saying they'd prefer the Saudis because of their money, even when an alternative is available, is somehow controversial. For someone who clearly holds SBR's quote close to their heart, I find it odd that you'd view someone wanting to see the sentiment of it upheld as the outrageous one.

Completely hypothetically speaking I presume?