Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The thread on this on redcafe has descended into a debate on Islam with quotes from the Quran being posted and everything. At least we haven't got to that level. Yet. :lol:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282654.14640

Sanctimonious c***s. I'd love to see how they'd react in the same situation after 13 years of Ashley.

Strange bunch in the majority over there. Making it out to be the fans faulty for not ousting Ashley and choosing Saudis.  It’s amazing when your on the outside looking in how different things look.

Tbf, we definitely could have done more to get rid of Ashley and we don’t do ourselves any favours with the way some of our fans have reacted in recent days.

Chronicle saying could be done in the next ten days [emoji38] it's always the next ten days

They literally haven't got a clue. Of course it could be done in the next 10 days, you absolute whollopers. Anyone could have said that. It's been said for ages that the documents went in on 9th April and could take 3-4 weeks.

Fucking clickbait chancers.

We could, you know, ignore what fans of other clubs say about us on the internet.

Probably should. I can’t help but feel it’s part of the reason we didn’t do more to push Ashley out. In the Shepard years we were probably the least passive fans around and got a lot of criticism and negative press between 04-10 for it. That when labels like “deluded” and “entitled”, started being thrown around.

I think “yes, they’re horrific but we can’t choose our owners” is about the only decent response TBH. Or something about the state of the game in general.

Just don’t bother going an inch down any road which seems to be defending or excusing Saudi Arabia.

I think “yes, they’re horrific but we can’t choose our owners” is about the only decent response TBH. Or something about the state of the game in general.

Just don’t bother going an inch down any road which seems to be defending or excusing Saudi Arabia.

Response will be something along the lines of "But you protested against Ashley for being unethical, are you going to protest against these?"

Then what? Like fuck will I be protesting against these.

Just had a look in the success at any cost thread, quickly exited it’s like a parallel universe. I get some people have strong views on saudi’s, but the type casting of our support who back this takeover, you would think we are all thickos who need educating.

Every person I speak to is buzzing for this takeover. Actually feel kind of sorry for some of these fans who probably were desperate to get rid of Ashley, but can’t enjoy this due to their strong feelings.

But like I say yet to meet any of these types in my every day life !

Counting down the minutes to cracking open those #cans

Guest The Little Waster

Just had a look in the success at any cost thread, quickly exited it’s like a parallel universe. I get some people have strong views on saudi’s, but the type casting of our support who back this takeover, you would think we are all thickos who need educating.

Every person I speak to is buzzing for this takeover. Actually feel kind of sorry for some of these fans who probably were desperate to get rid of Ashley, but can’t enjoy this due to their strong feelings.

Its more than possible to denounce Saudi crimes and have a party when Ashleys gone ( tomorrow please ) thats because the crimes of the Saudi state are theirs alone and are not our responsibility . At the end of the day its up to the down trodden masses of SA to take their own rulers to task . Them owning us doesnt fool anyone as regards their regime so sportswashing is neither here nor there . The British state has legitimated the Saudi state since its inception . Look to politics not football for answers  to political questions and fuckin well crack open those cans now because its happening ! 👍

Seems a clamour to keep these threads into separate echo chambers based on pretty much the same topic which I find odd. The issues conflate because they are linked. I take issue with people flying Saudi flags trivially, however they mean it because I would argue they haven’t thought it through or are hearing the gravity of the other side of the issue. Fans aren’t responsible, that’s ludicrous but I think some are using as an easy cop out not to bother hearing the other side of things - admittedly based off social media.

Don't feel I need educated but when this was all announced I'll admit I got pretty excited by it all, started thinking up wild shit that could be our reality now!

But then you think about it more, and think about the links we may have to such a fucking abhorrent state and it's definitely not something any fan can possibly want, regardless of the wealth etc.

I wish I could be cut and dry with the matter like yourself and others you met, but it does sit a little uneasy on me. Problem is, I don't practice this in every single aspect of life and thus I feel really hypocritical :idiot2:

Don't feel I need educated but when this was all announced I'll admit I got pretty excited by it all, started thinking up wild s*** that could be our reality now!

But then you think about it more, and think about the links we may have to such a f***ing abhorrent state and it's definitely not something any fan can possibly want, regardless of the wealth etc.

I wish I could be cut and dry with the matter like yourself and others you met, but it does sit a little uneasy on me. Problem is, I don't practice this in every single aspect of life and thus I feel really hypocritical :idiot2:

My justification is pretty simplistic if this country is prepared to accept 60 billion of Saudi investment, why should we feel duty bound to make a stand regarding this.

It’s the modern world unfortunately why should we suffer more pain just keep Gary Kasparov and co sleeping easy at night.

Like I say maybe simplistic and uneducated, but I’d guess it’s the majority of fans view on this.

Don't feel I need educated but when this was all announced I'll admit I got pretty excited by it all, started thinking up wild s*** that could be our reality now!

But then you think about it more, and think about the links we may have to such a f***ing abhorrent state and it's definitely not something any fan can possibly want, regardless of the wealth etc.

My justification is pretty simplistic if this country is prepared to accept 60 billion of Saudi investment, why should we feel duty bound to make a stand regarding this.

It’s the modern world unfortunately why should we suffer more pain just keep Gary Kasparov and co sleeping easy at night.

Like I say maybe simplistic and uneducated, but I’d guess it’s the majority of fans view on this.

At least you're being honest mate haha.