Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Ki....f*** off mate. You have literally nothing to offer here.

Well what I offered lead to your reaction tbf, but stay angry based on your wrong presumptions about my point if it makes you feel better.

"what I offered"....was a load of misinformed s**** but yeah, I am angry. I'm often angry....but not at you. You don't matter. Stay safe.

It boils down to people looking out for and defending their material interests. That's not a judgement, it's reality, we all do it. All I'm saying is that it worries me that because those material interests will be met by the Saudis, they'll be defended. That's it, that's the entire point and there's historical precedent for it everywhere. Just ask the 40% of converted Tories whether being able buy their council house in the '80s factored into their conversion to something they were previously against, or if it was just a coincidence. Everything else that you got angry about, were just presumptions you invented for yourself.

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's having loads of money to spend on players and ignoring everything else. the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

I think everyones well aware of your opinion without you having to repeat it every 2 minutes. The ability to post after deleting your account is quite impressive also  :lol:

As I mentioned, that was in response to specific posts and I can post whatever I want.

Of course you can, but you're only having the effect of making others dig trenches basically. There has to be a way we can have a more amicable debate here ffs.

Sorry, but posters were saying they wanted the Saudis over another potential U.S option and that unless it was someone with Jeff Bezos' wealth they weren't interested. They chose which trench to dig and I thought an edit of SBR's quote, the original of which we're all happy to repeat as representative of being a football supporter, was an effective way to highlight that.

Do you not think it's a bit of a low blow (and even disrespectful) to use (and edit) a quote of Sir Bobby's out of the original context? He isn't here to take a side like you are.

No, not really, I think it's very pertinent.

I think it's absolutely f***ing disgusting that you have bastardised a quote from an absolute legend for the sole purpose of scoring points online.

Yes, editing quotes on a football forum to make a point about where some of our supporters priorities lie is where we need to draw the ethical line in this whole debate. :lol: It's the snowflakes who are disgusted by the Saudi's human rights record who are the sanctimonious ones, not those morally outraged at the sight of a quote being thrown back in their face.

Are you playing the victim for the sake of it?

I'm abhorred by the Saudis human rights record and have been for a long time, unfortunately our Government are mates with the f***ers and us as fans don't have any power over any of this. Go find those people who support their actions and argue with them instead of banging on and on here. I'm out anyway.

And yes, bastardising a quote from Sir Bobby for the purpose you did is still disrespectful in my eyes.

I don't think I'm a victim at all. I just find it really ridiculous that in this discussion the idea of questioning those openly saying they'd prefer the Saudis because of their money, even when an alternative is available, is somehow controversial. For someone who clearly holds SBR's quote close to their heart, I find it odd that you'd view someone wanting to see the sentiment of it upheld as the outrageous one.

Completely hypothetically speaking I presume?

Depends on whether this supposed second bid is real or not (which I don't think it is) but the stance was the same either way.

This Wraith guy is an absolute weapon. King of the knuckle-dragging morons.

You’ve met him?

...no?

Just seemed like you knew him well :lol:

:lol: nah I just pass judgment from my couch on the other side of the world.

This thread is aids. No offence to anyone who has aids.

Aids isn't bad now, this thread is more like parkinsons.  No offence to anyone who has parkinsons.

Nah, this thread is like herpes it gets better for a period then comes back with vengeance.  No offence to anyone who has herpes.

Saudi regime and potential regeneration of SJP & Newcastle.

‘Architecture and Morality’, two subjects I’m sure we could discuss all night. Indeed, the lines are open if you want to call, make a comment on either architecture or morality, two equally hot but differently shaped potatoes. Chips, and… crinkle-cut chips.

Fucking hell, man. I've only just wasted my life reading through the past five pages. Don't kick it all off again.

I just thought it was an OMD reference :lol:

Ah. Their third studio album. Souvenir being a particular favourite.

The thread on this on redcafe has descended into a debate on Islam with quotes from the Quran being posted and everything. At least we haven't got to that level. Yet. :lol:

ʾĀmīn To that brother.

The thread on this on redcafe has descended into a debate on Islam with quotes from the Quran being posted and everything. At least we haven't got to that level. Yet. :lol:

Tells you everything about how football fans see it tbh. Man U fans will feel threatened at the prospect of a rival with more money than them and will be attacking from every direction. If we were getting took over by the investment fund of Syria, they'd probably have a good laugh.

This Wraith guy is an absolute weapon. King of the knuckle-dragging morons.

You’ve met him?

...no?

Just seemed like you knew him well :lol:

:lol: nah I just pass judgment from my couch on the other side of the world.

You have great long range judgement :thup:

I don't get why anyone would just get behind a second American bid instead. A woman who's spent years really wanting this club, versus an unknown from the land of taking your stuff to sell it, giving nothing back.