Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It boils down to people looking out for and defending their material interests. That's not a judgement, it's reality, we all do it. All I'm saying is that it worries me that because those material interests will be met by the Saudis, they'll be defended. That's it, that's the entire point and there's historical precedent for it everywhere. Just ask the 40% of converted Tories whether being able buy their council house in the '80s factored into their conversion to something they were previously against, or if it was just a coincidence. Everything else that you got angry about, were just presumptions you invented for yourself.

latest?cb=20100617180157

Yeah but, no but....

Oof. 😬

Well, I tried to explain. :lol: Enjoy your Sunday night. :thup:

Yep, you tried. Night.

I was 50/50 but reading what Caulkin said has reassured me and I'm 99% in now. I expect it to be announced this week or by the middle of next week.

At what point would people start to seriously question it if it's not done by?

If we get to mid May without any further communication, I'll begin to get concerned.

I was 50/50 but reading what Caulkin said has reassured me and I'm 99% in now. I expect it to be announced this week or by the middle of next week.

At what point would people start to seriously question it if it's not done by?

Not sure its a case of questioning anything. It is definitely happening and not an Ashley hoax and there will be a result one way or another. There are too many legitimate reasons it could be done tomorrow, already or still take another week. Just because it takes longer doesn't automatically mean the news is negative at the end either.

Everything is conjecture at this point and there will always be half glass full to every half glass empty story. For instance, it likely the PL string it out to "show" they took everything into consideration and thoroughly investigated everything. Nothing to say it is not sat in the done pile but they are holding off because of the furore over the past week. On the other side maybe they want to rush it through before more negative press comes through lol.

I'd suggest doing what you can to take your mind off it, buy FM Manager, take up knitting. Obviously I don't take my own advice and will be hitting refresh every two minutes and continue working myself up into a stupor.

Bit frosty in here tonight

I fu£%ed off this morning was turning into a right s#%t show on here. Might be a bit brazen for a newcomer like myself, but thought that other thread success at any cost would have been the place for some posters.

Anyway onwards and upwards think today has been a good day for the takeover feeling very positive this will go through this week.

The thread on this on redcafe has descended into a debate on Islam with quotes from the Quran being posted and everything. At least we haven't got to that level. Yet. :lol:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282654.14640

Sanctimonious cunts. I'd love to see how they'd react in the same situation after 13 years of Ashley.

"Well if the UK government is happy to sell arms to Saudi Arabia then maybe...... the Saudis can sell arms to Jordan Pickford???"

:lol:

The thread on this on redcafe has descended into a debate on Islam with quotes from the Quran being posted and everything. At least we haven't got to that level. Yet. :lol:

Sanctimonious cunts. I'd love to see how they'd react in the same situation after 13 years of Ashley.

Strange bunch in the majority over there. Making it out to be the fans faulty for not ousting Ashley and choosing Saudis.  It’s amazing when your on the outside looking in how different things look.

A few of them have spoke up well.

One of them said that they know for a fine fact most of their fans would have taken Saudi money before their current owners came along.

I think it’s important for NUFC to do two things.

1: First you need to accept that PIF are their own company separate to the Saudi government.

2: If you go around not accepting what Saudi Arabia does, then you need to look deep. I still think once the takeover happens we should form a JustGiving account for NUFC to donate to Amnesty.

Guest godzilla

Sanctimonious c***s. I'd love to see how they'd react in the same situation after 13 years of Ashley.

Strange bunch in the majority over there. Making it out to be the fans faulty for not ousting Ashley and choosing Saudis.  It’s amazing when your on the outside looking in how different things look.

f*** them, most self entitled fans there is. Absolutely cannot stand the c***s and only second to the mackems in my list of teams (and supporters) I can't abide.

Sanctimonious c***s. I'd love to see how they'd react in the same situation after 13 years of Ashley.

"Well if the UK government is happy to sell arms to Saudi Arabia then maybe...... the Saudis can sell arms to Jordan Pickford???"

:lol:

James McClean would be a more likely buyer

One of them said that they know for a fine fact most of their fans would have taken Saudi money before their current owners came along.

1: First you need to accept that PIF are their own company separate to the Saudi government.

2: If you go around not accepting what Saudi Arabia does, then you need to look deep. I still think once the takeover happens we should form a JustGiving account for NUFC to donate to Amnesty.

Good idea.

A fair point. But id rather then money went to help children in need or summit

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah, they aren’t as Lilly White as they’d like you to believe. I’d rather see one big whip around for the food bank of Newcastle, in fact I was thinking of starting an N.O specific donation page thing for just that if anyone is interested. We (my company) work closely with them and I know a number in the organisation and they are struggling the most with no match day :(

Yeah I read one of the replies on there, funnily he mentioned that they were desperate to get Moore out when Liverpool were really struggling before Hicks and Gillett, and then it got even worse :lol: . At least he was honest enough to admit most Liverpool fans would have snatched the Saudi hands off when either of those owners were there.

Not really arsed what other fans think tbh, if I was in their position I might whinge as well. We've been there long enough, now it's their turn.

Nah, they aren’t as Lilly White as they’d like you to believe. I’d rather see one big whip around for the food bank of Newcastle, in fact I was thinking of starting an N.O specific donation page thing for just that if anyone is interested. We (my company) work closely with them and I know a number in the organisation and they are struggling the most with no match day :(

It would be a nice gesture if PCP/PiF funded the Newcastle Food bank when they takeover.