Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

You guys are honestly so over emotional. ?

There is nothing at all to suggest that this won’t go through. In fact, every single credible source says it will go through imminently (within the next week or so). You need to log off for a bit...it’s clearly affecting your mental well being ?

Where’s all this negativity coming from? Why is hearing nothing today suddenly so much worse than hearing yesterday

Steve Kray has been absolutely full of himself for days but I noticed he's been very cautious/quiet today.

What a fucking boring day.

I think when we were having ding dong political debates about the morality of the deal, and letters were winging in from distraught widows, it actually kept us occupied more during this period. All that seems to have died down over the last couple of days and we are all left twiddling our thumbs waiting for the confirmation.

Come back kisearch, all is forgiven!

Why are people expecting to get a running commentary from the folk who are involved? We're entitled to know absolutely nothing, and all the timescales people are working on have just come from Twitter and journalists

Why are people expecting to get a running commentary from the folk who are involved? We're entitled to know absolutely nothing, and all the timescales people are working on have just come from Twitter and journalists

Voice of reason eh?

giphy.gif

I’ll confess to being slightly worried at how long this is taking now. It should be done

On what basis - firm, concrete basis - should it be done by now?

Unless the rules have been made far stricter, I don’t get how Man City could be bought on an iou ?, money splashed out on Robinho and a statement of intent released before they’d even started the owners and directors test.

With Newcastle, it always has to be fucking played out in the media and it almost always ends up with us looking like a bunch of twats when it ultimately ends badly.

What you’re saying is you think this deal should be done quicker because the Manchester City one was completed quicker and the buyer went public earlier. You’ve got to realise this deal is a different deal so the comparative factor you’re using is useless. To me it looks like you’re just vocalising your nerves, but going and typing a message in public makes you feel like you’re doing something about (and can therefore control) your nerves. We’re all nervous and none of us have an iota of control or influence over this.

I’m sorry to use you as an example but this is an archetypal example of how lies and misinformation are spread. Just repeating something else one hears elsewhere, or vocalising one’s fears in a way which comes across as a statement of fact, isn’t ultimately of any benefit to anybody.

I really wish that more people could apply a bit of a thinking filter when they read or hear any information. The vast majority of information available to you is not objective fact, and it’s been that way your whole life. Being an adult involves acknowledging that and taking action accordingly, in my view.

Utter tosh.

It should be done by now.

Guest neesy111

I’ll confess to being slightly worried at how long this is taking now. It should be done

On what basis - firm, concrete basis - should it be done by now?

Unless the rules have been made far stricter, I don’t get how Man City could be bought on an iou ?, money splashed out on Robinho and a statement of intent released before they’d even started the owners and directors test.

With Newcastle, it always has to be fucking played out in the media and it almost always ends up with us looking like a bunch of twats when it ultimately ends badly.

What you’re saying is you think this deal should be done quicker because the Manchester City one was completed quicker and the buyer went public earlier. You’ve got to realise this deal is a different deal so the comparative factor you’re using is useless. To me it looks like you’re just vocalising your nerves, but going and typing a message in public makes you feel like you’re doing something about (and can therefore control) your nerves. We’re all nervous and none of us have an iota of control or influence over this.

I’m sorry to use you as an example but this is an archetypal example of how lies and misinformation are spread. Just repeating something else one hears elsewhere, or vocalising one’s fears in a way which comes across as a statement of fact, isn’t ultimately of any benefit to anybody.

I really wish that more people could apply a bit of a thinking filter when they read or hear any information. The vast majority of information available to you is not objective fact, and it’s been that way your whole life. Being an adult involves acknowledging that and taking action accordingly, in my view.

Utter tosh.

It should be done by now.

That deal was done 12 years ago when there was no fit and proper test.