Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Or a military jet. get occasional Tornado's and Typhoons flying around at low levels. Takes what about 2 minutes to get to Leeming when you're doing 7-800mph?

The RAF retired the Tornado from service in April 2019. F-35B Lightning is the replacement. What has this got to do with the NUFC takeover again?

Nothing at all...just a possible reason why someone might hear a plane near the airport not on the normal flight path.

I wonder how much good info Ashley's side actually gives Edwards or if they just fob him off.

i reckon ashley just absolutely hates the fans. the FCB will be well aware of whats going on but

he's probably shrugged his shoulders and told edwards "well, we havent been told anything! so as far as we're concerned there's no change in the situation."

he's probabaly promised himself absolutely nothing is going to come from his side that will give the fans any joy.

Any interesting planes up there today, I've got a few hours to kill.

I live about four miles away from the airport, but we aren't on the flightpath, so we never get planes directly overhead.

In the middle of the night I was woken up by a very LOUD plane flying directly overhead, never heard anything like that here before.

So I immediately thought (still 95% asleep) "that's them, the Saudis, flying in from a different direction from normal planes" and then I went straight back to sleep.

It may all have been a dream of course, but in the morning I felt it was real !!!

(how 'wound up' into all this, am I . . .. )

There's only two ways to land a plane at Newcastle. Straight in from Whitley Bay area, straight in from Hexham area. Anything else would end in disaster. Unless the Saudi private planes are like Harrier jump jets.

Maybe you heard the Northumbria Police Ghetto Bird tracking some villains ?

Or a military jet. get occasional Tornado's and Typhoons flying around at low levels. Takes what about 2 minutes to get to Leeming when you're doing 7-800mph?

Or, it is just possible that I dreamt the whole thing, as it is so much on my mind.

After this happens I will need a long uninterupted sleep (about a week) I think !!

So Watching plane watch, and watched a jumbo jet leave Riyad, then make a lot of weird course corrections. When you look at the route it spells out THIS NEVER WORKS WE'RE DOING IT VIA ZOOM BRUCE OUT

The proposed £300million takeover of Newcastle United is finally expected to be resolved next week.

Approval for the Saudi Arabian-backed bid remains the most likely outcome following a thorough investigation by the Premier League which, it is understood, has been completed.

Telegraph Sport revealed at the end of March that paperwork for the takeover, which is headed by financier Amanda Staveley, had been submitted. A deposit of £17million was paid to the club’s owner Mike Ashley and, contrary to suggestions, there is no time limit on how long it will take for the deal to be completed.

In April the Premier League then embarked on carrying out the checks through its owners and directors test while ensuring also that the funds were in place together with a business plan.

Normally that process takes up to four weeks but it has been significantly delayed by the coronavirus pandemic and the objections raised by beIN Sports over Saudi Arabia’s alleged involvement in the piracy of Premier League’s matches which has had to be thoroughly investigated with documentation submitted

It is understood all the checks and investigations have now been complete and, it is hoped, a final decision will be made in the coming days ahead of a formal announcement within the next week to end the saga.

It has previously been claimed that the deal has to be given the approval of the 19 other clubs but this is not believed to be the case under Premier League rules although, coincidentally, there are two shareholders meetings next week as they try and sort out the key next stages of Project Restart.

As reported by Telegraph Sport on April 30, Premier League sources have suggested that the beIN complaint will not ultimately prevent the takeover although it has undoubtedly complicated matters and been taken seriously while there have also been objections, led by Amnesty International and Hatice Cengiz, the fiancée of murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi, over Saudi Arabia’s human rights record.

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden has indicated the Government will leave it in the Premier Leagueâ  s hands to decide whether the proposed Saudi Arabia-led takeover of Newcastle can be completed

If approved the takeover would bring to an end Ashley’s controversial 13-year ownership of Newcastle with the Saudi’s Public Investment Fund taking an 80 per cent stake in the club. The PIF’s governor, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, is understood to be the nominated chairman of Newcastle.

Staveley’s PCP Capital Limited will take 10 per cent with the final 10 per cent being acquired by one of Britain’s wealthiest families, the Reuben Brothers.

If the takeover goes through it will lead to fevered speculation as to the signings the consortium will make, given its financial backing, and the future of manager Steve Bruce.

However it is understood the buyers have a clear and detailed five-year plan to overhaul and modernise Newcastle and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, with the 59-year-old also given every opportunity to remain as the club’s manager beyond that.

There have been numerous reports of approaches being made to other managers – such as Mauricio Pochettino – but, according to sources, no approach to any manager, or sporting director, has been made. There is no shortlist or target. It is the same with possible signings.

A priority will be to sort out what happens for the remainder of this season, if it goes ahead, with a number of players at Newcastle out of contract on June 30. These include Andy Carroll and, of course, 20-year-old midfielder Matty Longstaff with Bruce’s plans for both players likely to be crucial to their futures.

Newcastle are 13th in the table with nine matches remaining and although they are not safe from relegation they are eight points outside the bottom three. The immediate priority will be to ensure they stay in the top-flight while, if Newcastle is sold, the new owners will also have to deal with the complicated issue of when they can actually physically get inside the club in what has been a remarkably complicated and long-running attempted takeover.

Would Ashley’s side have been been unofficially told it’s passed ?

Ashley's lickspittles aren't the subject of the test, it's got little to do with them really.

Would Ashley’s side have been been unofficially told it’s passed ?

Ashley's lickspittles aren't the subject of the test, it's got little to do with them really.

I'd have thought that at least Ashley and his lawyers would be party to that information.

If he knows, I can't imagine him being arsed to pass the information to the likes of Charnley though.

The proposed £300million takeover of Newcastle United is finally expected to be resolved next week.

Approval for the Saudi Arabian-backed bid remains the most likely outcome following a thorough investigation by the Premier League which, it is understood, has been completed.

Telegraph Sport revealed at the end of March that paperwork for the takeover, which is headed by financier Amanda Staveley, had been submitted. A deposit of £17million was paid to the club’s owner Mike Ashley and, contrary to suggestions, there is no time limit on how long it will take for the deal to be completed.

In April the Premier League then embarked on carrying out the checks through its owners and directors test while ensuring also that the funds were in place together with a business plan.

Normally that process takes up to four weeks but it has been significantly delayed by the coronavirus pandemic and the objections raised by beIN Sports over Saudi Arabia’s alleged involvement in the piracy of Premier League’s matches which has had to be thoroughly investigated with documentation submitted

It is understood all the checks and investigations have now been complete and, it is hoped, a final decision will be made in the coming days ahead of a formal announcement within the next week to end the saga.

It has previously been claimed that the deal has to be given the approval of the 19 other clubs but this is not believed to be the case under Premier League rules although, coincidentally, there are two shareholders meetings next week as they try and sort out the key next stages of Project Restart.

As reported by Telegraph Sport on April 30, Premier League sources have suggested that the beIN complaint will not ultimately prevent the takeover although it has undoubtedly complicated matters and been taken seriously while there have also been objections, led by Amnesty International and Hatice Cengiz, the fiancée of murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi, over Saudi Arabia’s human rights record.

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden has indicated the Government will leave it in the Premier Leagueâ  s hands to decide whether the proposed Saudi Arabia-led takeover of Newcastle can be completed

If approved the takeover would bring to an end Ashley’s controversial 13-year ownership of Newcastle with the Saudi’s Public Investment Fund taking an 80 per cent stake in the club. The PIF’s governor, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, is understood to be the nominated chairman of Newcastle.

Staveley’s PCP Capital Limited will take 10 per cent with the final 10 per cent being acquired by one of Britain’s wealthiest families, the Reuben Brothers.

If the takeover goes through it will lead to fevered speculation as to the signings the consortium will make, given its financial backing, and the future of manager Steve Bruce.

However it is understood the buyers have a clear and detailed five-year plan to overhaul and modernise Newcastle and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, with the 59-year-old also given every opportunity to remain as the club’s manager beyond that.

There have been numerous reports of approaches being made to other managers – such as Mauricio Pochettino – but, according to sources, no approach to any manager, or sporting director, has been made. There is no shortlist or target. It is the same with possible signings.

A priority will be to sort out what happens for the remainder of this season, if it goes ahead, with a number of players at Newcastle out of contract on June 30. These include Andy Carroll and, of course, 20-year-old midfielder Matty Longstaff with Bruce’s plans for both players likely to be crucial to their futures.

Newcastle are 13th in the table with nine matches remaining and although they are not safe from relegation they are eight points outside the bottom three. The immediate priority will be to ensure they stay in the top-flight while, if Newcastle is sold, the new owners will also have to deal with the complicated issue of when they can actually physically get inside the club in what has been a remarkably complicated and long-running attempted takeover.

Thanks. Ameritoon. Jason is the one who said papers are submitted back in March.

So from Caulkins tweets a few days ago, they have been given a nod to suggest the tests have/will be passed, and that official confirmation should come next week.

Of course that gives the weekend for a host of letters to be written to delay this again.

So from Caulkins tweets a few days ago, they have been given a nod to suggest the tests have/will be passed, and that official confirmation should come next week.

Of course that gives the weekend for a host of letters to be written to delay this again.

Letters didn't delay it, only the 'new' evidence did re. the piracy issue.

all great until you read this bit and even if 5% true my heart sank.

"However it is understood the buyers have a clear and detailed five-year plan to overhaul and modernise Newcastle and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, with the 59-year-old also given every opportunity to remain as the club’s manager beyond that."

all great until you read this bit and even if 5% true my heart sank.

"However it is understood the buyers have a clear and detailed five-year plan to overhaul and modernise Newcastle and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, with the 59-year-old also given every opportunity to remain as the club’s manager beyond that."

Still don’t think they don’t have a target, I just think they won’t have told anyone who it is.