Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I wonder how much of this, "we're still convinced it's gonna happen" line from the buyers is blind faith?

Yup - it's long been my fear that all of these positive noises were coming from one source.

Could easily be misguided/wrong/badly advised.

Guest chopey

Money talks, things will go tits up big style over the next few months and the Premier League would be fools the let this deal slip, they wont.

I wonder how much of this, "we're still convinced it's gonna happen" line from the buyers is blind faith?

Yup - it's long been my fear that all of these positive noises were coming from one source.

I'm more along the lines of thinking, "we're Saudi Arabia, there's no way they'll reject us. The government does business with us and the PL are a soft touch. If we flash our cash the PL will bow to us."

And they've gone into it the deal doing only some of their homework and hope to blag their way through the rest of the owners and directors test and they just keep telling Caulkin," aye aye everything will be fine. "

Disagree they’ll have a good idea from the league’s lawyers who they’ll have been dealing with on a daily basis. Yes it has to go to the board, but this is obviously complex and I can’t see them going against the legal advice.

Either where waiting for a remedy to tv situation, or they’ll just pass it based on PIF being a separate legal entity.

Money talks, things will go tits up big style over the next few months and the Premier League would be fools the let this deal slip, they wont.

That's the issue, Qatar have plenty of it.

Heading this way myself now.

The group trying to take over are hardly wondering where their next meal comes from like.

Guest godzilla

Another article comes out discussing the piracy issues and everyone on here has another meltdown (as I was also the last couple of weeks). NOBODY knows what is happening and unfortunately we will just have to wait and see how it plays out. Still not seen ONE report or article saying it won't happen, in fact everyone seems to be of the opinion it will go through.

The group trying to take over are hardly wondering where their next meal comes from like.

Nah you're right, but have they got premier leagues ear already?

It's a big issue, regardless what we all want to hear.

NOBODY knows what is happening and unfortunately we will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

This has been the way of it from the start, but it doesn't stop the speculation and people putting their thoughts across on here.  Even you have went from supremely confident to questioning it at times, it's just the way it goes.

Disagree they’ll have a good idea from the league’s lawyers who they’ll have been dealing with on a daily basis. Yes it has to go to the board, but this is obviously complex and I can’t see them going against the legal advice.

Either where waiting for a remedy to tv situation, or they’ll just pass it based on PIF being a separate legal entity.

Hmmm. Well, it's all guesswork but I'd have said if they were 'good to go' and 'expecting an announcement over the next 24 hours' and 'cans in the fridge' then I'd say they were given a bum steer by the Lawyers as that was over a month ago.

The TV situation and the seperate entity argument have been there since day 1 and yet the deal still seems nowhere near being done.

I'd say it's entirely reasonable to be doubting the validity of the prior positive noises coming from the buyers side tbh.

Guest godzilla

NOBODY knows what is happening and unfortunately we will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

This has been the way of it from the start, but it doesn't stop the speculation and people putting their thoughts across on here.  Even you have went from supremely confident to questioning it at times, it's just the way it goes.

Which I mentioned in the reply. Nobody can be confident and nobody can be not confident as nobody knows what is happening. One positive thing is that currently it has not be knocked back. It may do, but, if it is then the Premier League are going to be facing a massive lawsuit and that's one thing I am confident would happen in that scenario.

I would guess they could be confident because they haven't been given any questions that they couldn't comfortably answer.

Answered them so comfortably that the PL still haven't heard what they need to in order to approve the deal?

This is now the longest ever O&D test and there's not even rumours about it being nearly done.

I'd say it would be naive in the extreme to be sending out positive messages for the last two months and it not being anywhere near ready to go.

Some may argue that it was intentional to pressurise the PL which has possibly backfired.

The people we are talking about don't just spunk millions on a non returnable deposit on the off chance it 'Might' be accepted.

Why did they push out positive messages over a month ago?

It wasn't even close to happening.

I still don't get that either, seeing as Richard Masters said there's no timeline on an O&DT.  Not saying Caulkin is making shit up, in fact I'm 99percent sure he isn't, they will have been told that it'll take x weeks, but by who?

The people we are talking about don't just spunk millions on a non returnable deposit on the off chance it 'Might' be accepted.

Why did they push out positive messages over a month ago?

It wasn't even close to happening.

Think most of the responsibility is with the press here, including Caulkin. Leaks about this have been minimal, in fact, if it weren’t for someone giving info to the wsj, we might not have known about this at all. It’s been fairly watertight ever since, on both sides.

Sorry but it's nothing like kodi, kodi itself isn't illegal, nor are the boxes, it's open source.  It's the people who host the addons that can be installed on Kodi/android boxes that they go after.

The issue here seems to be that someone trying to buy one of their clubs was actually involved in the running/broadcasting/hosting of illegal streams. (If it isn't that then I can't see why it would even be brought up).

If/when they find the source of the streams it's taken seriously, even when the supposed culprits aren't trying to buy one of their clubs :lol: If this is what is being looked into, I can see why it's taking so long.

Can anyone summarise the actual allegations with regards to the piracy?  I'm just assuming it's that they're saying the saudis are involved with the actual running/broadcasting of the dodgy streams.

Answers my question if that, (sigh), mirror article is true.

Hmmm. Well, it's all guesswork but I'd have said if they were 'good to go' and 'expecting an announcement over the next 24 hours' and 'cans in the fridge' then I'd say they were given a bum steer by the Lawyers as that was over a month ago.

The TV situation and the seperate entity argument have been there since day 1 and yet the deal still seems nowhere near being done.

I'd say it's entirely reasonable to be doubting the validity of the prior positive noises coming from the buyers side tbh.

I see where your coming from, but I genuinely think they were given the nod. However, that Monday news broke of further evidence being submitted.

Now everything subsequently points to this being the WTO draft report.

I genuinely believe it is the fact this has become so public has unnerved the board. I believe legally this has the go ahead from lawyers, however board wanted more info re piracy under pressure from Bein.

Now where in a situation where solution to keep all parties happy is taking place, hence confidence of buyers.

We’ve always been told it’s an ongoing discussion. I’m convinced it’ll be sorted but understand doubts.