Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I’ve said a few times, don’t underestimate the role the government have played in this, Hope has got that right. On top of it I hate Tory governments, especially this one :lol:

Ironically had Labour been in power the deal would likely be dead and massive potential investment in our area along with it.

I’ve said a few times, don’t underestimate the role the government have played in this, Hope has got that right. On top of it I hate Tory governments, especially this one :lol:

Ironically had Labour been in power the deal would likely be dead and massive potential investment in our area along with it.

Would made no difference

You don't know that,  ironically or not

Would made no difference

The government stance would have been very different towards this situation.

The year is 2070, an ageing Alex Bruce hobbles out the tunnel and takes his place on the sideline, long after he was brought in on an interim basis to take the reigns from his increasingly frail dad.  In between checking the line-up in the match thread, the denizens of N-O visit the 135th iteration of the Takeover thread to explain how they have a really good feeling about it going through next week.  The bottle of Tesco Merlot one poster's Grandad bought to go with his #cans is now a rare vintage and worth £32,000.

Labour would do exactly the same. In fact Blair's government discontinued a criminal investigation into BAE Systems' slush fund for bribing Saudi officials on grounds that it was not in the public interest, and was later found to have acted unlawfully.

You don't know that,  ironically or not

I said likely so no I don't know it, certainly the stance would have been far less in our favour.

Labour would do exactly the same. In fact Blair's government discontinued a criminal investigation into BAE Systems' slush fund for bribing Saudi officials on grounds that it was not in the public interest, and was later found to have acted unlawfully.

I'd agree under Blair, but not Corbyn, Blair was far more pragmatic.

Guest reefatoon

This week, this week, this week.......then Thursday - Next week. Rinse and repeat.  Always so close.

2c80f2fceecf012e832689ff0a843ac7.gif