Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Pod on the tube podcast with Caulkin talking to Matt Slater shows why this is so complex. It didn’t nullify my frustration but at least gave more insight into the length of time it’s taking. PL clearly wanting the investment but can’t piss off others at the same time. They’ll know a jumping St James on sky at 4pm on a Sunday is massive for the Prem league and it’ll be pretty embarrassing for the gov’t if they reject it. Let’s hope it goes through soon anyway.

I don't think that this will happen now, been too long and more stories in the press today about Saudis human rights abuses Be just like the thing if this takeover is blocked, no fault of Ashley and he gets a big compensation payout.

I don't think that this will happen now, been too long and more stories in the press today about Saudis human rights abuses Be just like the thing if this takeover is blocked, no fault of Ashley and he gets a big compensation payout.

Well done for ignoring everything.

I wonder if this will just fizzle out and we'll never hear anything definitive.  I am very positive it will go through as I can see no reason it wouldn't but now whilst I know it's 99.99% going to happen I kind of can't imagine it going through which makes no sense but that's what I think.

I see Cengiz got to talk about us on GMB this morning.  :lol:

I’ve not seen it all but seen the reaction to it. She basically said he was nice, nowt else on him then full on why NUFC shouldn’t be taken over. Twitter in a right mess over it.  :lol:

The PL know what they want to do, but something is preventing them. There is not one single person objecting to them rejecting the takeover, so it can only be those objecting to it's acceptance that are delaying the process.

This suggests that the PL will okay the deal, when it's okay to do so.

I wonder if this will just fizzle out and we'll never hear anything definitive.  I am very positive it will go through as I can see no reason it wouldn't but now whilst I know it's 99.99% going to happen I kind of can't imagine it going through which makes no sense but that's what I think.

That's where my head is on it at the minute.  Same as every other time...

From .com on this day section - 2009

2009 Meanwhile, press reports speculated that a rerun of the club's "player power" episode of the 1970s was on the cards as a discontented squad continued pre-season training at Carton House near Dublin.

Captain Nicky Butt was quoted as saying:

"We’ve got to get a manager on board – we don’t even know who to speak to any more.

"Alan Shearer is the favourite with a lot of the people trying to buy the club – at least that’s what we hear – but until something happens we don’t know who is in charge.

"The players are completely fed up and when that happens some will try to go somewhere more stable.

"It’s so frustrating – a (takeover) deal is always happening in a week’s time but this has been going on since last season. It’s like a scratched record going over and over. It’s getting on everyone’s nerves.

I see Cengiz got to talk about us on GMB this morning.  :lol:

It was a very peculiar interview. She didn't seem to want to interact when discussing her ex fiancé on a more personal level, and even struggled to answer questions about him, but when the subject of the NUFC takeover came up she suddenly seemed to come alive. It was pretty bizarre to watch. Almost as if she'd been prepped for it.

I've seen people suggest she almost seemed too prepared for the Newcastle section, as if it were script prepared for her. She apperantly wouldn't say who she thought ordered the killing, but was adamant it should be blocked. And also that we want it blocked apperantly.

Yeah, felt staged to me. She mentioned our woes with Ashley and had clearly been prep’d for this.

I'd have just assumed she's have rocked up unprepared to talk on national TV.

Guest The Little Waster

Its easier to imagine the end of capitalism than the end of this takeover

Its easier to imagine the end of capitalism than the end of this takeover

Yes Comrade.  The filthy capitalists will soon be finished and we'll be free in a fair communal system where want and need are things of the past  :whistle:

I've seen people suggest she almost seemed too prepared for the Newcastle section, as if it were script prepared for her. She apperantly wouldn't say who she thought ordered the killing, but was adamant it should be blocked. And also that we want it blocked apperantly.

It was weird. She seemed almost ambivalent when she was asked about getting justice for her ex fiancé, almost to the point where you would think she couldn't have cared less then they get onto the NUFC takeover and it was as if somebody had flicked a switch inside her and her eyes lit up. I had to watch it back again,  it seemed so peculiar.

I love where she said that if NUFC fans think being owned by Mike Ashley is a bad dream, being owned by the Crown Prince will be like a nightmare - literally no basis for that statement what-so-ever other, there's no comparison between owning a sport's club and allegedly ordering the killing of her short-term partner. It's just more propaganda and stirring backed by the Qataris, hard to feel as sympathetic for her the more it gets pushed.

It was weird. She seemed almost ambivalent when she was asked about getting justice for her ex fiancé, almost to the point where you would think she couldn't have cared less then they get onto the NUFC takeover and it was as if somebody had flicked a switch inside her and her eyes lit up. I had to watch it back again,  it seemed so peculiar.

Almost as if English was her second language, and she's been shoved on a trash talk show having only been briefed in any real detail about interests which are relevant to UK/Nufc. Surely she must realise she's being used as a pawn in a big political chess game by now..