Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

People sitting around waiting for an 'announcement' as if thats all that it needs. They clearly haven't met the criteria to pass the fit and proper persons test else we would have heard about that.

17 weeks and counting since they first agreed a deal to buy the club. The situation wont develop from here imo and it'll remain as a stalemate.

The situation will develop as pif wont wait around forever.

Also Ian Mearns MP made an interesting point last night, at what point does Ashley consider this a restraint of trade.

Though there own rules don’t appear to have a set timescale for a decision, however a court could rule that this delay is not reasonable and does constitute a restraint of trade.

Don’t think it will come to this though as I expect decision in next 2 weeks.

People sitting around waiting for an 'announcement' as if thats all that it needs. They clearly haven't met the criteria to pass the fit and proper persons test else we would have heard about that.

17 weeks and counting since they first agreed a deal to buy the club. The situation wont develop from here imo and it'll remain as a stalemate.

Also Ian Mearns MP made an interesting point last night, at what point does Ashley consider this a restraint of trade.

Though there own rules don’t appear to have a set timescale for a decision, however a court could rule that this delay is not reasonable and does constitute a restraint of trade.

Mike Ashley thought lockdown was a restraint of trade

Very true, however without having any sympathy for the cnut, you could argue he has a case this time.

Like this much

They really should have just done it my way and have the uk parties buy the club and sell the 80% stake at a later date to pif.

How exactly would that have been any different? ?

I guess if Staveley and the Reubens could have bought it and done the takeover, then its just bringing PIF in later, and any piracy or others issues wouldn't have held up the actual takeover.

There is a set timescale, 5 working days, the rules are silent on what happens if that isn't met but there is a timescale in there.

They really should have just done it my way and have the uk parties buy the club and sell the 80% stake at a later date to pif.

Yep. Allowing PIF to work with the gov to handle the piracy and tv rights issues without a takeover going about in the background.

Yep. Allowing PIF to work with the gov to handle the piracy and tv rights issues without a takeover going about in the background.

There's no guarantee that the Saudis won't fail the O&D test (although it seems very unlikely) and that would involve them upping the amount they're putting in from £60m to £300m.

In the case of Staveley she probably doesn't have that kind of money and I don't think the Rubens are interested in being anything other than minority partners, they seem to have been involved only on that basis since the first attempt to by the club. That's not even considering the potential cost of investing in the club to turn back the rot of Ashley's neglect on top of the purchase price.

More importantly, the length of time in discussion means that they obviously have not 'failed it' either !!

Either you pass a test or you don't!

For some odd reason we seem to be somewhere in between. That should be impossible.

Think doing a test at school, a test for your driving licence or any other test. Would you ever get the answer "You haven't passed, but you didn't fail"?

Im the same with the car, if its fails its MOT I scrap it and get a new one.

More importantly, the length of time in discussion means that they obviously have not 'failed it' either !!

For some odd reason we seem to be somewhere in between. That should be impossible.

Think doing a test at school, a test for your driving licence or any other test. Would you ever get the answer "You haven't passed, but you didn't fail"?

The new owners will be trying to resolve the issues that the Premier League are asking them to resolve.

There could be no other logical reason for such a lengthy delay.

That is why I see the takeover as being so very definitely successful . . . in due course !!

The new owners will be trying to resolve the issues that the Premier League are asking them to resolve.

There could be no other logical reason for such a lengthy delay.

That is why I see the takeover as being so very definitely successful . . . in due course !!

Thats where I am. Until its off, its on.

I certainly don’t think the Saudis decision to ban bein looks as bad now as when first announced. After the initial reaction by journalists, it seems to have gone very quiet, and the PL haven’t released a statement as some journos suggested.

Ian Mearns made an interesting comparison last night, if a foreign broadcaster say China wanted to broadcast in the U.K, we would have every right to deny them.

The PL choose to lump their package together for the MENA area, therefore they can’t just expect every country within that region to accept this broadcaster.

Taking into account the geopolitical situation the Saudis have every right to deny who they want, Bein could be broadcasting propaganda messages during the adverts (probably very likely from what we’ve seen so far).

I actually think this weeks announcement can have no bearing on test, so in conclusion I think piracy measures have been taken and in next 2 weeks we’ll be the richest club on the fucking planet.

WHAT!!!

Are we done with "next week" now?

Is it "next two weeks" doing the rounds now?

Given the amount of back and forth between the parties, it's obviously not as simple as it simply passing or failing fough.

I personally think if they were going to fail it they would have done so by now. Who knows? Maybe they have.

Given the amount of back and forth between the parties, it's obviously not as simple as it simply passing or failing fough.

I personally think if they were going to fail it they would have done so by now. Who knows? Maybe they have.

I agree. As a few others have said on here it’s probably along the lines of “the takeover will get the go ahead if X,Y,Z is done first” relating to all the piracy stuff. There’s probably all sorts of contractual wrangling and lawyers involved. Utterly tedious the whole thing though.