Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

One magpie has landed in my garden. Don’t think I’ve seen that happen since 2004. Normally it is two.

And you didn't salute the magpie? Did you not even say “good Day Mr. Magpie, How is you wife?”

If the takeover doesn't go through it's your fault.

I don't imagine much of interest will come from this story. So I'm going to focus my energy on the fact they felt the need to state 'the Premiership - now the Premier League' in that article. Did we really need that clarifying?

I just can't see it happening TBH.

It's not that I dont think it will or wont happen, its that I cant see it. I just can't visualise it. I cant imagine the day when I look at my phone and see that a takeover has gone through or that the PL tests are finished.

In my mind, good things rarely happen to us and when they do, it merely a prelude to something bad around the corner. Owen signing- being a cunt. Keegan coming back- being fucked around. Shearer the same. Carroll's emergence- then selling him, then Rafa and on, and on.

We dont get good things.

Guest Butcher

I just can't see it happening TBH.

It's not that I dont think it will or wont happen, its that I cant see it. I just can't visualise it. I cant imagine the day when I look at my phone and see that a takeover has gone through or that the PL tests are finished.

In my mind, good things rarely happen to us and when they do, it merely a prelude to something bad around the corner. Owen signing- being a c***. Keegan coming back- being f***ed around. Shearer the same. Carroll's emergence- then selling him, then Rafa and on, and on.

We dont get good things.

That’s a good post, but this time it’s different.

In a few years time we’ll be one of the top clubs in Europe.

Devils advocate...what do the PL gain by delaying?

Good PR for looking like they are resisting an oppressive regime?

Doesnt seem too likely since they sold their soul to Sky, BT, Amazon , Bein and the rest years ago.

More money from KSA?

Seems pretty likely to me. They've seen an opportunity to get more £££through the door, and want to make it seem legitimate.

Cengiz and Amnesty had an impact.

Nah clearly not Amnesty was forgotten pretty sharpish and no-one listens the grieving fiance for more than a day or two now despite her increasingly desperate letters

General incompetence

Possible, but not too likely for an organisation of that size unless they are struggling with resources

Simple answer...follow the money. Whatever route will gain them the most is probably close to the truth. That looks like a separate deal to screen games in KSA, which means untangling whatever deal is in place with Qatar