Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Wow, people are really getting their knick**s in a twist over the least bit of 'imagined bad news'.

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them). This is a huge "one-off" situation for them to ensure future monies and to avoid future Middle East Piracy.

C A L M . . .

I still think this will happen but the sponsorship deal raises many questions.

For one, the club an Islamic kingdom wants to buy having a sponsor on the shirt which is a gambling company do not go hand in hand.

Honestly I thought they would be the first thing to go.

And they might be, once the Takeover goes through.

But that could be days, weeks or even months away still.

As with most contracts there's probably some sort of buyout or reduction clause, I don't see a sponsorship being any different. It could well be the same with the Puma shirt deal, though there would be less of a problem with keeping them for longer of course.

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them).

It was done a long time ago but isn't approved?

Not sure how that works.

It really isn't done like.

Guest awaymag

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them).

Not sure how that works.

bunch of wimmen, the lot of you......that is all :-)

Not sure how that works.

It was done a long time ago, contracts exchanged, Ashley sold to the Reubens/PIF/Staveley, but the governing body of the sport needs to 'approve' the commercially already done deal, before our owners can play football in their league.

That is why approval was always definite, as the PL cannot change history, but they are extracting as much as they can from the deal, while they have this period of 'leverage'.

Not sure how that works.

It was done a long time ago, contracts exchanged, Ashley sold to the Reubens/PIF/Staveley, but the governing body of the sport needs to 'approve' the commercially already done deal, before our owners can play football in their league.

That is why approval was always definite, as the PL cannot change history, but they are extracting as much as they can from the deal, while they have this period of 'leverage'.

Nope :dowie: it's pending PL approval

Not sure how that works.

That's an incredible spin on it like. It's wrong though. The "commercially already done deal" is dependent on the PL signing it off. If they don't sign it off, the deal doesn't happen. That's nothing to do with changing history.

Not sure how that works.

That's an incredible spin on it like. It's wrong though. The "commercially already done deal" is dependent on the PL signing it off. If they don't sign it off, the deal doesn't happen. That's nothing to do with changing history.

It's not 'spin' its is simple fact.

The deal has been done, which is why it has taken the Premier League (because they KNOW the deal is done) so very long to issue their approval, as it is their one and only opportunity to get what they feel they need from the deal.

This reality will be made clear, no doubt, in the "post approval" announcements.

Not sure how that works.

The deal has been done, which is why it has taken the Premier League (because they KNOW the deal is done) so very long to issue their approval, as it is their one and only opportunity to get what they feel they need from the deal.

This reality will be made clear, no doubt, in the "post approval" announcements.

The deal is done in business terms sure. If the premier league don’t grant approval we can be fairly certain it will collapse however.

People say it is done in that it has been stated by credible journos that it is done in so far as it is legally binding subject to premier league approval and transfer of funds. It isnt the case that once the deal goes through ashley can change his mind, so it not unreasonable to call it a done deal, the same way you may shake hands on buying a car subject to one party checking the car's history is legitimate and in order and transfer of funds to the garage to take the keys. A deposit has already been paid.

What is a bit more unknown is if there is any kind of time limitation on it. Presumably there must be should premier league just delay forever and a day and also in case the buyer delays endlessly transfering funds. At a certain point it one or both parties must be able to say enough is enough.

Not sure how that works.

I'm trying to follow your logic here, so bear with me.

You seem to be suggesting the deal for Mike Ashley to sell NUFC to the PIF/PCP/RB consortium has been finalised. You also seem to be rejecting the notion that that deal is "subject to PL approval".

By that logic, why have an O&D test? Just sign the contracts, and the PL can't do anything?

Alternatively, if the deal is not subject to PL approval, and the PL rejects the PIF/PCP/RB takeover, then wouldn't the consortium be obligated to complete the purchase of NUFC, but not be given approval to play in the Premier League? They would have shelled out for nothing more than the registration of the players, and the training ground