Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Financial times video is good on you tube about this. Uploaded 10 hours ago. Amanda key to the day apparently

Good watch but better because it immediately lined up - Stunning Newcastle United Goals | Shearer, Cisse, Shelvey | Squad Goals - on the playlist next. Gets me so excited to potentially feel like I did at the time of some of those goals.

Yeah, Imagine the moment when Ashley sat down with Charnley and made it clear that Rafa was a nuisance and that he didnt want his contract renewed.

Did Charnley sit there and argue the point to Ashley? Or did he just roll over like a bitch and let Rafa go?

It's hard to imagine a person allowing such terrible decisions for the club to happen and feeling sympathy.

Hes been there through all of Ashley's tenure too, Keegan, Kinnear, Pardew, the lot. Did little Lee do his bit to steer the club in the right direction or did he comply with his boss and steer himself up the ladder?

Am I alone in not getting the Charnley hate? I mean, he's clearly overpromoted and clearly a yes man, but I don't get people hating him for saying yes to the job.

I mean, imagine you're working in the box office and by a series of lucky happenings you find yourself offered the chairman's job of the club I assume he supports. Doesn't matter how shit the salary is, you're qualified to sell tickets in the box office, that's it. You're still being offered a massive payrise over your old job and it's not as if you're turning this down so you can go be Arsenal's chairman. I think the massive majority of people would, if in the same position, have also taken the job. And when your condition of continued employment is to do what Ashley says, then you do it. Maybe we'd have thought we could wield some positive influence, make the best of the situation, whatever. But most of us, coming from his background and with his prospects, would have taken the job. Fucking brilliant thing for a box office ticket seller to put "Chairman of NUFC" on his CV when you go for his next job, that's for certain. He's set himself up for life, let's put it this way I seriously doubt his next job will be ticket seller at Whitley Bay Ice Rink.

Charnley as chairman symbolises everything which is wrong with Newcastle United. He's a symbol of our underinvestment in key positions, our continued cutting of corners and our quest for mediocrity. I detest everything about what he represents, but I really can't hate him for taking the role or for not standing up to Ashley because it's hard to imagine anyone in his position really doing anything else.

It's also hard to judge his competence as a chairman, because he is just a mouthpiece. He's not done what we've wanted, but he's done exactly what his boss asked of him for what, 6 or 7 years? Probably come out of it with some cracking stories to tell, too....

Ditto Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew, the other Steve whoever he is, half the playing staff and probably most of the other half as well. It's not so much hate, just total lack of respect because they are enjoying employment at a club far beyond their capacities only because we have an owner who wanted to run us on the cheap.

Also didn’t he say that we had a perfectly adequate training facility? Fucking prick.

Also said something along the lines of ‘A player has never turned down a club because of their training facilities’.

Tbf, that piracy stuff has been a big issue in the middle east for a while, thought it would come up.

Surely if SA are officially involved with a PL club now, that should help kill the piracy problem?

Guest neesy111

Tbf, that piracy stuff has been a big issue in the middle east for a while, thought it would come up.

Surely if SA are officially involved with a PL club now, that should help kill the piracy problem?

Not sure, because it's at political level and it's to do with the feud and blockade of Qatar (which has had little impact).