Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If this doesn’t go through I’m done with football like. Haven’t got the stomach to watch us basically live to exist, not watching anymore football in a world where we have that fat useless c*** Steve Bruce as our manager, whilst the media lick his arse.

Won’t watch any matches on tele, just absolutely finished.

Steady on, it's still very likely to go through.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nothings going to prevent this going through, it’s just about ticking things of and then all systems go. The PL probably need this more than 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐲, a club like NUFC with money to spend and a new demographic market the PL can do business with/in (Saudi Arabia, even if it upsets others) during this climate especially, is the kind of boost their depressed model/market/industry needs right now. NUFC could well, with new money, drive the transfer market when it reopens whenever that is because I can’t see even the bigger clubs wanting to throw money about on players even at reduced fees so readily if somewhere down the line the virus breaks out and it all gets shit down again.

For NUFC/Saudi owners, now could actually be the optimum time to buy a football club and go from what we are into an elite club quicker and at a cost that would have previously been maybe even too much for the Saudis to take on.

These are a,l serious people, successful people, and they mean business. The PL needs this business. Ashley needs this money. Fans need this, our city needs this and maybe even our government need this in order to breath some new life into a game that’s right now may as well not exist and even after lockdown is lifted, has a very uncertain future ahead in every aspect.

This will be finalised and official by the end of May at the latest, I’m confident it will be done much earlier.

I know it's easier said than done, especially atm where we're all bored, but I can hugely recommend a day away from following all this. The Premier League ain't stopping this, their policies are already established, regardless of the heat they might get. Ashley's going, he's basically already gone.

I know it's easier said than done, especially atm where we're all bored, but I can hugely recommend a day away from following all this. The Premier League ain't stopping this, their policies are already established, regardless of the heat they might get. Ashley's going, he's basically already gone.

Yorkie speaking a hell of a lot of sense here.

Guest chopey

If this doesn’t go through I’m done with football like. Haven’t got the stomach to watch us basically live to exist, not watching anymore football in a world where we have that fat useless cunt Steve Bruce as our manager, whilst the media lick his arse.

Agreed

Good advice.  Is there any way to just get notified of significant updates?

Good advice.  Is there any way to just get notified of significant updates?

Wait until the thread title changes to something conclusive

If this doesn’t go through I’m done with football like. Haven’t got the stomach to watch us basically live to exist, not watching anymore football in a world where we have that fat useless c*** Steve Bruce as our manager, whilst the media lick his arse.

Agreed

I think going from potentially having it all to having absolutely nothing at all would be a bit too much for me.

I only post on here during takeover rumours because that hope is the only thing that keeps me connected to the club. I keep an eye on results and occasionally watch us on MOTD(If I can stay awake long enough) but I'm personally putting so much into the fact this particular takeover would potential put us into the absolute top tier of clubs for the rest of our history and losing that, would be f***ing hard to swallow.

That's not the mention the impact it could have on the region and the people of the NE in general.

That's not to say I'm blind to the obvious issue with the takeover, but from purely a footballing and economical viewpoint this is all or nothing for me.

Agreed

I think going from potentially having it all to having absolutely nothing at all would be a bit too much for me.

I only post on here during takeover rumours because that hope is the only thing that keeps me connected to the club. I keep an eye on results and occasionally watch us on MOTD(If I can stay awake long enough) but I'm personally putting so much into the fact this particular takeover would potential put us into the absolute top tier of clubs for the rest of our history and losing that, would be f***ing hard to swallow.

That's not the mention the impact it could have on the region and the people of the NE in general.

That's not to say I'm blind to the obvious issue with the takeover, but from purely a footballing and economical viewpoint this is all or nothing for me.

Nailed it. Up until the last days I’ve been on cloud 9, I know things still look good but the uncertainty has knocked me. Newcastle fans aren’t allowed anything nice. :lol:

It’s all done. PL will not stop this. Chances are that the government has had a say in allowing it for trade relationships. Job done. Mid-May we’ll have new owners.

It’s all done. PL will not stop this. Chances are that the government has had a say in allowing it for trade relationships. Job done. Mid-May we’ll have new owners.

I can’t wait that long. :lol: