Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Not overly enamoured with the #cans stuff, but it's really not that bad man :lol:

Agree mate, why the fuck would it actually bother anyone man ffs  :lol:

You've got to realise some people are just miserable twats all day every day.

I never questioned it, he even says he is in the interview I linked to. Just that he doesn’t ”hate” Sunderland but seems to symphathise with them to a degree as well.

He covers all three North East clubs, so feels sympathy for all of them. Pretty sure he's originally a Newcastle fan though.

It's not the greatest banter in the world but the #cans stuff is fine and harmless. In the scheme of things, it would be an odd thing to get hung up about.

If this takeover goes through, I'm sure that despite whatever reservations we might all have about the new owners then the vast majority of us will see it as a cause for celebration, even if just because Ashley is gone. If #cans helps focus that joy a little, then why not?

Announcement could come tomorrow, announcement could come within a week, announcement in 10 days, announcement just a couple of weeks away...

Just announce it for f*ck sake!!!🤬🤬

All this waiting is getting me mad!🤬🤬

I find I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope we make it across the line. I hope to see trophies and success. I hope the money is as green as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Announcement could come tomorrow, announcement could come within a week, announcement in 10 days, announcement just a couple of weeks away...

I'm pretty sure the Premier League and both parties will take your temperament onto consideration.

I would say I've remained pretty level headed with all of this so far, however I must admit the frequency with which I'm checking the forum has increased significantly over the last week or so.

I'm not even sure I'll know how to react if/when this actually goes through. Going to be hard to turn off the cynicism :lol:

I'm allowing myself to be cautiously optimistic, but under no circumstances will I get excited until this is done. I've been burnt far too many times before. And I refuse to have mackems, or fans of other clubs, rubbing my face in any failed takeover. I'll stay guarded, but optimistic, until confirmation is given.

Then I'll go fucking nuts. :lol:

I'm pretty sure the Premier League and both parties will take your temperament onto consideration.

So announcment today then, you think!🤩🤑😜

I would say I've remained pretty level headed with all of this so far, however I must admit the frequency with which I'm checking the forum has increased significantly over the last week or so.

I'm not even sure I'll know how to react if/when this actually goes through. Going to be hard to turn off the cynicism :lol:

Cynicism?

Why?

Surely if the Takeover is completed and the NUFC world changes forever, any 'cynicism' would go out the window.