Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Surely the test is the test and that's the end of it. There's a set criteria and if it's met then it passes?

How can Qatar be allowed to hire a QC to give their interpretation of the WTO report and submit it? The PL are looking at the suitability or otherwise of MbS and Saudi to become the owners of a PL club and that's the end of it. The process has nothing to do with Qatar outside of the piracy claim which has now been revealed and presented. Up to the PL to decide who they say no to, SA or Qatar. Given Qatar don't already own a PL club I'd imagine it's easier to say no to them and welcome the new SA cash.

This isn't a new issue either, the PL will have been quite aware of what's happened over the last couple of years and still haven't said no yet. They could have thrown it out immediately. They could have thrown it out yesterday night upon publication of the report but they haven't. That leads me to believe it'll go through and some kind of compromise will be thrashed out via the PL and SA about the piracy. Nothing at all to base this on btw :lol: 

Having watched the full 7+ minutes of that BEIN legal bloke being interviewed I think it's quite clear what the PL will be trying to achieve and what the holdup is, because it suits their needs: they want KSA to allow BEIN to broadcast its content in their country. Presumably the PL will also hope that SA become a competitor to BEIN for MENA broadcasting rights, so they will want Qatar to reciprocate should SA win the TV rights after 2021. And therein might lie the solution: are SA prepared to end their BEIN embargo to get this deal through or not. The PL want a bidding war and their content to be available freely to paying customers in both of the countries and their "allies" in this cold war they've got going on.

Human rights and other things most normal people would be concerned about don't even come into the equation imo.

Wot he said.

My guess is that Saudi is not exactly innocent regarding harboring/enabling terrorism either. But that's the stance they've taken right now against Qatar. And which some countries recognize. Probably KSA end goal is making Qatar part of KSA since Qatar has alot of natural gas etc.

Wasn't there something that happened in september 2001 or something? 11 Saudis flew an airplane into some skyscrapers in the USA. Terrible accident.

The Saudis actually crack down pretty hard on terrorists, if they didn't you can bet their western collaborating regime would have been overthrown years ago by the fundamentalists.

They're a monarchy, I don't get your point.

The monarchy would have been overthrown by the terrorists if the fundamentalists were allowed free voice.

Surely the test is the test and that's the end of it. There's a set criteria and if it's met then it passes?

How can Qatar be allowed to hire a QC to give their interpretation of the WTO report and submit it? The PL are looking at the suitability or otherwise of MbS and Saudi to become the owners of a PL club and that's the end of it. The process has nothing to do with Qatar outside of the piracy claim which has now been revealed and presented. Up to the PL to decide who they say no to, SA or Qatar. Given Qatar don't already own a PL club I'd imagine it's easier to say no to them and welcome the new SA cash.

This isn't a new issue either, the PL will have been quite aware of what's happened over the last couple of years and still haven't said no yet. They could have thrown it out immediately. They could have thrown it out yesterday night upon publication of the report but they haven't. That leads me to believe it'll go through and some kind of compromise will be thrashed out via the PL and SA about the piracy. Nothing at all to base this on btw :lol:

Agreed

It's become a farce, I do wonder how long they can feasibly drag it out for. They say there is no timescale but surely they can't allow it to drag on much longer.

My guess is that Saudi is not exactly innocent regarding harboring/enabling terrorism either. But that's the stance they've taken right now against Qatar. And which some countries recognize. Probably KSA end goal is making Qatar part of KSA since Qatar has alot of natural gas etc.

Wasn't there something that happened in september 2001 or something? 11 Saudis flew an airplane into some skyscrapers in the USA. Terrible accident.

The Saudis actually crack down pretty hard on terrorists, if they didn't you can bet their western collaborating regime would have been overthrown years ago by the fundamentalists.

They're a monarchy, I don't get your point.

The monarchy would have been overthrown by the terrorists if the fundamentalists were allowed free voice.

Do you mean that the repression of free speech in Saudi Arabia makes it harder for terrorists to organize? I'm not sure I follow... The fact of the matter is that 15 of the hijackers in the 9/11 attacks was Saudi, and the Saudi played a huge part in covering up facts in the investigations that followed. Not too sure I'd call that cracking down hard on terrorists.

Anyway: Remember when Saudi Arabia threatened Canada on twitter with an image that is eerily similar to a 9/11 style attack?

https://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-appeared-to-threaten-canada-with-a-911-style-attack-2018-8?op=1&r=US&IR=T

That sure was a laugh.

Might have missed this, but what is the link between mauriss/qatar 2022/bein sports? Is his company a sponsor or something?

Been mentioned he was trying to buy TV rights for WC from Bein.

It's good that people have finally caught up with the real reason for the delay of the takeover - BeIN's influence over the PL, the obvious conflict of interest the PL board find themselves in and "the most influential person in football" Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

Sorry to come out all Luke Edwards and that, but the last 2-3 pages in particular are full of stuff I've repeated for weeks.

So.. yeah, bow to my superior knowledge and analytical skills bitchez!!

Probably totally wrong like but could they possibly approve it this weekend when the whole premier league is back and the back pages will be full of actual football and less attention on the takeover.