Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I’m absolutely shocked hairy hands and BeIN have found a QC that supports their opinion to broadcast tonight.

If they’re going to be considered N-O might as well be allowed a say on how we think the tests should go. We’re probably less biased on here if that’s even possible.

These c*nts really are desperate

From that FootballLaw article:

There was no finding or identification that the KSA government or any individual was responsible for the broadcasting of beoutQ’s piracy but Qatar merely ‘established a prima facie case that beoutQ is operated by individuals or entities subject to the criminal jurisdiction of KSA’.

If Qatar are basing the opinion on this report it certainly is desperate

The opinion of a slik > a solicitor on twitter, although I'm sure PIF have Queen's Counsel giving exactly the opposite opinion.

It's not from Twitter, it's from the FootballLaw website, its written by a Barrister with experience in sports law.  I'm sure other opinions can be found, I'm just saying that reading him go through the report in that article it's hard to see what in their is against the tests.

Case of mistaken identity. Anyway, my point was more about law being grey rather than black and white.

I’m absolutely shocked hairy hands and BeIN have found a QC that supports their opinion to broadcast tonight.

If they’re going to be considered N-O might as well be allowed a say on how we think the tests should go. We’re probably less biased on here if that’s even possible.

Stephen Nathan QC they couldn’t have chosen a more inappropriate QC, they must have had to trawl the gutter to get this fella.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/mar/21/race.world

'Only way to watch PL football in SA is through illegal streams'

Well i can see why this happened then.  :lol: This is all on the PL, they created this mess.

Open to correction but Bein bought the rights to show it in Saudi and then the Saudis refused and pirated it instead no?

I love how that BEIN bloke explains how them paying huge money for TV rights is money that trickles down directly to the communities in which the PL clubs reside. He obviously isn't very aware of what's been happening here at NUFC if that'sof any concern to him :lol:

Well i can see why this happened then.  :lol: This is all on the PL, they created this mess.

Open to correction but Bein bought the rights to show it in Saudi and then the Saudis refused and pirated it instead no?

No indeed

No

fucking sucks being used as a pawn in some piracy proxy war tbh.

Doesnt bother me half as much as: a) the PL willingness to listen to arguments from 3rd parties, especially ones with ulterior motives and b) their seeming lack of a deadline to these things, leaving us in limbo.

Latest from 'paperback'...

"Henry Mauriss is believed to have been told he must submit a 5% deposit if he is to be considered a serious bidder to buy Newcastle United."

Erm.

That’s him fucked then.

fucking sucks being used as a pawn in some piracy proxy war tbh.

Doesnt bother me half as much as: a) the PL willingness to listen to arguments from 3rd parties, especially ones with ulterior motives and b) their seeming lack of a deadline to these things, leaving us in limbo.

Totally agree. The length of time its taking them is truly shocking.

Having watched the full 7+ minutes of that BEIN legal bloke being interviewed I think it's quite clear what the PL will be trying to achieve and what the holdup is, because it suits their needs: they want KSA to allow BEIN to broadcast its content in their country. Presumably the PL will also hope that SA become a competitor to BEIN for MENA broadcasting rights, so they will want Qatar to reciprocate should SA win the TV rights after 2021. And therein might lie the solution: are SA prepared to end their BEIN embargo to get this deal through or not. The PL want a bidding war and their content to be available freely to paying customers in both of the countries and their "allies" in this cold war they've got going on.

Human rights and other things most normal people would be concerned about don't even come into the equation imo.