Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It feels like every journo under the sun is suddenly tweeting positive things based purely on the piracy stuff that came out yesterday. I'm not convinced, still, that any of them have any information.

Yeah I'm sort of leaning that way a bit.

Feels like they've made the same connection fans have to the piracy news, not necessarily heard anything.

But I'd love to be wrong

What other connection could there be though?

This may be quite negative, but what if they have intially failed the tests?

And this tougher stance on piracy and buying up shares in BT etc. Is a sort of look at us cleaning up our act.

Prem looks better for denying it in light of quite obvious issues, Saudi go away and do all the necessary changes for a smoother process for prem etc.

Like I say, pretty wild and negative outlook but too many times have we seen every reporter jump on any any bit of news and the deal was as good as signed months ago.

Edit: the above post maybe changes things slightly sorry. Didn't realise some journalists had came out with it first.

Ok I'm all in  :lol:

It feels like every journo under the sun is suddenly tweeting positive things based purely on the piracy stuff that came out yesterday. I'm not convinced, still, that any of them have any information.

Feels like they've made the same connection fans have to the piracy news, not necessarily heard anything.

But I'd love to be wrong

And this tougher stance on piracy and buying up shares in BT etc. Is a sort of look at us cleaning up our act.

Prem looks better for denying it in light of quite obvious issues, Saudi go away and do all the necessary changes for a smoother process for prem etc.

Like I say, pretty wild and negative outlook but too many times have we seen every reporter jump on any any bit of news and the deal was as good as signed months ago.

I’m almost certain we would have heard if they had failed, their is a list of people wanting this to fail, not to mention Mike Ashley would have been straight out with a statement.

But I'd love to be wrong

"Go away, tidy up your act, we'll let you buy Man United next year". That type of thing?

But I'd love to be wrong

"Go away, tidy up your act, we'll let you buy Man United next year". That type of thing?

Jesus I hadn't even thought of that angle  :lol: that is inherently worse!

But I'd love to be wrong

We may as well join the jock league if that happens

But I'd love to be wrong

We may as well fold if that happens

i think it more likely, considering how long this has gone on, that they've either failed the tests or been told they'd fail unless they addressed piracy which they've now done

EDIT: what i mean by the first bit is they failed and were given a chance to rectify the issue as that's one of the clauses in the PL tests, you have 21 days to sort your shit out

i think it more likely, considering how long this has gone on, that they've either failed the tests or been told they'd fail unless they addressed piracy which they've now done

Personal hunch is that PL have said 'we find it hard to differentiate KSA and PIF' and PIF have started off with a standpoint of 'Prove we are different' and then the two parties have gradually discussed each others positions, PIF learn more about what PL want from any discussions and PIF commit to using their influence to enable change.

Guest godzilla

Personal hunch is that PL have said 'we find it hard to differentiate KSA and PIF' and PIF have started off with a standpoint of 'Prove we are different' and then the two parties have gradually discussed each others positions, PIF learn more about what PL want from any discussions and PIF commit to using their influence to enable change.

Thing is KSA or PIF have not been seen as being directly involved in the transmission of the piracy so don't think this is the case. KSA were blamed for not doing enough to stop the piracy though and the news release yesterday and the fact that BEin transmissions are being allowed into the country indicates that they are now addressing this.

It's happening! If Hope is now saying so after distancing himself from a positive report last week which had his name on it, then I think this is more than just speculation.

"appears nearly certain"

"it's not nearly certain"

"Never felt more confident"

Oh, Hopey cokey cokey.

If its true that they seem to he bending over backwards re piracy etc to get this through, they must be pretty bloody serious about their intent and I mean that beyond just the purchase of the club but their plans for it.

Never doubted that for a minute. Saudis don't do things by halves, if NUFC is going to be associated with them, they'll want to win the league regardless of FFP.

Would the WTO report have forced the Saudis to address the piracy issues or could they just have ignored it if they so wished?  If the latter then the Premier League should be pleased that the Saudis wanted to buy us as it has given them leverage in getting the Saudis to address the issue.

Totally could have ignored it.

Totally agree. They could have just hid behind the national security get out clause if it wasn't for the need to placate the EPL.

If they were not trying to buy NUFC they would have done fuck all