Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

How long did this process take, for the Man City/Chelsea takeovers from their respective evil overlords?

I need this to happen in the next couple of days for my own sanity

Wasnt in place when they took over.

Are we sure these guys are as rich as they say if they're using a snide feed to watch the games? :lol:

They don't already own my local do they?

Aye I was thinking about that, why would they need to Pirate? We've only heard one side of the story, I'm sure there's more to it.

Guest neesy111

Are we sure these guys are as rich as they say if they're using a snide feed to watch the games? :lol:

Aye I was thinking about that, why would they need to Pirate? We've only heard one side of the story, I'm sure there's more to it.

Because Bein own the rights for whole middle east region, so only they will have access to the broadcasts.

Guest neesy111

It’ll all be approved already. With the media shitstorm happening right now they might just be biding their time of when it the best time to make an announcement.

:lol:

Lets just forget the UK is on lockdown etc.

It’ll all be approved already. With the media shitstorm happening right now they might just be biding their time of when it the best time to make an announcement.

:lol:

Lets just forget the UK is on lockdown etc.

It’s a shame this didn’t happen a few weeks earlier as the media were all over the coronavirus 24/7.. I think they and people generally too are quite exhausted with it at this point.

Now there’s basically fuck all else going on that people can vent about.

BEin sport accuse SA of allowing a pirate station to broadcast sports in the Middle East, where BEin holds a monopoly.

It may be that as the 80% owner of an EPL team, the Saudi's could be in pole position to buy the rights to broadcast the EPL matches in the Middle East, and that may be the real reason why BEin are trying to stop the takeover.

Seems to me BEin Sports needs to invest in cutting edge technology, as the EPL has done, in order to curtail any piracy of their broadcasts.  Its not like they cant afford the technology.

Guest neesy111

BEin sport accuse SA of allowing a pirate station to broadcast sports in the Middle East, where BEin holds a monopoly.

It may be that as the 80% owner of an EPL team, the Saudi's could be in pole position to buy the rights to broadcast the EPL matches in the Middle East, and that may be the real reason why BEin are trying to stop the takeover.

Seems to me BEin Sports needs to invest in cutting edge technology, as the EPL has done, in order to curtail any piracy of their broadcasts.  Its not like they cant afford the technology.

That last part is wrong, it's very easy to circumvent even with the technology they have.

Gah. It’s part of a trade/economic/diplomatic war between Qatar and Saudi

The Qatari/BeIN protests are likely politically motivated as well as economically

The Qatari/BeIN protests are likely politically motivated as well as economically

Isn't it the case that Qatar is refusing to beam the Premier League into Saudi Arabia - which is why the government is facilitating (or not stopping) piracy (i.e. to secure access to the PL for Saudi audiences)?

BeIN have asked the Premier League in its owners' and directors' test to consider "the direct role of Saudi Arabia" in the beoutQ service, the challenge the Premier League faces in "taking any action to protect its own intellectual property rights in the country" and its ability to "enforce" its rules against "Saudi Arabian based persons or entities".

Can't even get anyone to give a fuck about the direct role of Saudi Arabia in 9/11 or the murder of journalists man, why would this be different?

That last part is wrong, it's very easy to circumvent even with the technology they have.

True.  I have an app that allows me to watch all sports channels throughout the world as well as watching all the latest films before they are released to DVD.  Obviously I don't do that because that would be illegal.

BeIN have asked the Premier League in its owners' and directors' test to consider "the direct role of Saudi Arabia" in the beoutQ service, the challenge the Premier League faces in "taking any action to protect its own intellectual property rights in the country" and its ability to "enforce" its rules against "Saudi Arabian based persons or entities".

Can't even get anyone to give a fuck about the direct role of Saudi Arabia in 9/11 or the murder of journalists man, why would this be different?

When this is all over imagine how salty bein will be showing our matches with keys presenting it.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

True.  I have an app that allows me to watch all sports channels throughout the world as well as watching all the latest films before they are released to DVD.  Obviously I don't do that because that would be illegal.

Good man.

Isn't it the case that Qatar is refusing to beam the Premier League into Saudi Arabia - which is why the government is facilitating (or not stopping) piracy (i.e. to secure access to the PL for Saudi audiences)?

Yep. It’s part of the conflict.

I knew that btw, I wasn't serious in suggesting MBS had invited the hooky cable guy from Seinfeld round to his gaff. :lol:

because it affects the premier leagues money

I knew that btw, I wasn't serious in suggesting MBS had invited the hooky cable guy from Seinfeld round to his gaff. :lol:

:lol: :lol: