Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The thing is, if it's gone to court before, and the court case was ruled in favour of the Saudi's what argument is there?

Just some bad PR for the Saudis and PL from the Qataris plus the faintest possible hope of scuppering it is my guess. Given that BeIN/Qatar have tried to do this in the past in France where they dominate the sports broadcast industry they have no hope of stopping a deal in the UK worth this amount of money with the potential of it making billions for the PL.

Could you explain the maths here - how could the takeover result in billions of pounds more in revenue for the Premier League?

The thing is, if it's gone to court before, and the court case was ruled in favour of the Saudi's what argument is there?

Just some bad PR for the Saudis and PL from the Qataris plus the faintest possible hope of scuppering it is my guess. Given that BeIN/Qatar have tried to do this in the past in France where they dominate the sports broadcast industry they have no hope of stopping a deal in the UK worth this amount of money with the potential of it making billions for the PL.

Could you explain the maths here - how could the takeover result in billions of pounds more in revenue for the Premier League?

Are you fucking stupid?

Are you fucking stupid?

I don't think so!

The times doesn’t seem to like us much...keep peddling this. Are they being selective with their criticism’s...at the weekend they highlighted the government’s late response to COVID, but since have not followed it up...but Newcastle is a simpler target, lets keep up the pressure on them....never bought the paper in my life and certainly won’t be changing that.

If you ever watch Sunday Sports Supplement on Sky sports, you'll see a bunch of these journalists having a circle jerk over Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. These are the clubs they want to see fighting for the title, seeing Newcastle barging into the elite will not sit well with that type.

But of course, some of our forum regulars will tell you these writers are all free of bias, even after seeing Martin Samuel's jowls wobbling furiously on said programme.

1: If teams are struggling financially because of the pandemic, then having a club owned by such rich owners would see at least 1 club safe from going bust or having to bailed out by the Premier League.

2: If they are investing the sums of money that is being talked about, then that means they will be getting in high calibre players. These players will increase the demand for coverage, sponsorships etc.

Just seems like a rehash of yesterday's exclusive to flog papers while there's no football.

The Premier League said it themselves. They're a company based in Saudi Arabia, ultimately any link between that company and piracy is tenuous.

Are you f***ing stupid?

I don't think so!

Disagree, this deal could help to stop or at least ameliorate the otherwise inevitable drop in revenue in future TV deals.  Over the course of the next decade that could easily be worth billion to the Premier League.

Keys is a c***, but the s**** he's talking about he has either invented in his head, or has come direct from Ashley - "I know he'd prefer the other bid", "2 weeks exclusivity left" - nobody else has even mentioned this 2 weeks exclusivity timeline s****.

The only slight doubt I have is Ashley would love the scenario Keys is painting - sell us instead to some skint c*** like Kenyon and get the credit for keeping the Saudis at bay.

Chances are Keys has invented it in his sick head, but I'm so used to these things going wrong I can't help have a slight nagging doubt  :lol:

He's absolutely invented it in his head and is too thick to know better.  Exclusivity is something that a seller gives to a potential buyer in the lead up to a deal potentially being agreed.  This deal is well past that, and is now legally agreed on both sides.  Ashley can now sit an watch events, he really has no legal say other than that unless the buyer doesn't complete the purchase.

Keys reminds me of a weather girl, always getting the weather wrong, but somehow someone somewhere fancies him and keeps letting him in to work each morning

Aye. Penn + his posts on Newcastle-Online = a hard drive that needs checking

The times doesn’t seem to like us much...keep peddling this. Are they being selective with their criticism’s...at the weekend they highlighted the government’s late response to COVID, but since have not followed it up...but Newcastle is a simpler target, lets keep up the pressure on them....never bought the paper in my life and certainly won’t be changing that.

If you ever watch Sunday Sports Supplement on Sky sports, you'll see a bunch of these journalists having a circle jerk over Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. These are the clubs they want to see fighting for the title, seeing Newcastle barging into the elite will not sit well with that type.

But of course, some of our forum regulars will tell you these writers are all free of bias, even after seeing Martin Samuel's jowls wobbling furiously on said programme.

Looking forward to the day when a NUFC pundit is in the chair every week - make room Gary and Jamie!

Of course, the trade off is people like Souness and Jenas will get a louder voice on Toon affairs.

Did someone somewhere not say yesterday that poch had had a 2hr phone meeting with new owners?  Now he's willing to talk?😀

Aye, IndyKaila 😂😂😂😂😂

Wasn't it more widely reported than that, just that IndyKaila's tweet was timestamped in the middle of that two hour meeting?

The wording of the Times article would suggest the PL want to block the takeover, should they be able to find any reasonable grounds to do so without comeback.

As said its classic "We tried" and save face PR for the Premier League. IMO.

The wording of the Times article would suggest the PL want to block the takeover, should they be able to find any reasonable grounds to do so without comeback.

Easy to suggest you want something that can't happen. Makes it possible for them to play both sides.

Still expect us to be owned by Ashley next season though.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/22/broadcast-rights-trump-human-rights-in-premier-leagues-newcastle-battleground?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

Starts off okay, trails into more finger pointing at us. Starting to feel a Siege mentality coming on here.

I was pretty nonchalant till every journalist in the world started telling me what to think.