Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Reckon it's big mike doing his best used car salesman shtick, 'take it or leave it love, I've got somebody else on their way over now who's been on the lookout for one of these for years'

Aimed at who, executives at the Premier League?

It doesn't benefit Ashley in any way though.

I suppose it depends on what hindsight might show us, if for whatever reason the Saudi deal doesn't go ahead.

I guess it depends on the timing too. If it was agreed the same time as Stavely bud it would make sense.

What does it matter? It’s literally irrelevant unless the premier league block this current one

exactly and if that happens it just means someone else is waiting in the wings. Nothing to be that negative about. Likely bollocks anyway.

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to try and inflict the worst next owner on us possible, one that has the least amount of potential to improve us. He's spiteful and vindictive enough to want to stitch us up one last time as long as he's getting the same fee paid for the club, I can't imagine he's going to want to see someone come in and show how much of a dogsh*t owner he was or more importantly, see the fans be happy.  :hmm:

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to try and inflict the worst next owner on us possible, one that has the least amount of potential to improve us. He's spiteful and vindictive enough to want to stitch us up one last time as long as he's getting the same fee paid for the club, I can't imagine he's going to want to see someone come in and show how much of a dogsh*t owner he was or more importantly, see the fans be happy.  :hmm:

Agreed. If there's a way for him to fuck this up for us, he'll find it. That's a certainty.

Guest reefatoon

It’s just one of Bishops 2 yearly reminder alarms to mention a takeover. The daft twat just forgot to cancel it.

This does demonstrate (again....) the sheer disdain Ashley has for the fans of the club.

That they throw around our hope/emotions on one of the things we all love most like it's a game.

I hope the cunt gets covid the day he recieves the cash. Heinous prick.

It doesn't benefit Ashley in any way though.

I suppose it depends on what hindsight might show us, if for whatever reason the Saudi deal doesn't go ahead.

I guess it depends on the timing too. If it was agreed the same time as Stavely bud it would make sense.

Exactly.

Even IF it is true, it literally means nothing.

We have seen multiple fee’s agreed, they have meant nothing.

What stage was it at?

When was the fee agreed?

Evidently that it wasn’t/isn’t at the stage of the Staveley’s bid.

If the fee was agreed before Staveley’s bid came into a purchase phase, then it means nothing.

All this is IF it’s true, which I highly doubt. This is an easy story for a journalist to make. The takeover has been going on for 2 weeks, they have got as many doubting stories they can get away with now. They still need something to write, the people who don’t want it to go ahead still need an ‘option’ to provide our fans.

There is no other bid, or if there was there is no chance of it happening now. However this is going to gain a few days worth of clicks to their websites.

Guest reefatoon

Either way, roll on later tonight to see this shite story released. Wonder if it is a consortium of Richard Keys, Bein sports, Amnesty and Triggs. Trying a new tact instead of writing letters.

Either way, roll on later tonight to see this shite story released. Wonder if it is a consortium of Richard Keys, Bein sports, Amnesty and Triggs. Trying a new tact instead of writing letters.

Triggs :lol:

Agree with this, but everything has been agreed with Staveley's camp and a deposit has been paid. I don't think he can get out bar failing the fit-and-proper test.

Agree with this, but everything has been agreed with Staveley's camp and a deposit has been paid. I don't think he can get out bar failing the fit-and-proper test.

Especially when he’s already spent the deposit on his Belgium tax bill.