Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Copyright infringement (i.e. piracy) is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so how could this breach the illegality part of the “fit and proper” persons test?

Because non-involvement in piracy is specifically part of passing that test.

What defines involvement? This could end up being the mother of all legal battles...

Well there’s Ashley’s excuse not to buy this summer.

Oh well, at least the buyers still remain confident eh. Although they haven't been very good with their predictions over the last few weeks (or years)  :lol:

You're absolutely desperate for it to fall through

No, Im actually as desperate as we all are for it to happen. Just haven't been 100% certain of it happening like your good self.

You'd imagine that for this to stop the takeover it would have to be legally incriminating enough to hold up in court during what would surely be a massive legal battle. Don't think it's worth worrying about, personally, as I seriously doubt the Premier League have got the will or balls to go that far with it.

Guest Carrick18

The league would have been privy to all the evidence from the French court case. I'd be surprised if it fell through now.

Guest godzilla

Oh well, at least the buyers still remain confident eh. Although they haven't been very good with their predictions over the last few weeks (or years)  :lol:

No, Im actually as desperate as we all are for it to happen. Just haven't been 100% certain of it happening like your good self.

The only time you comment man is when an alleged issue arises  :lol:

Can't believe that any material fact about the piracy hasn't already been worked through by the legals, particularly if it's already gone through the French courts.

Some of you lads really need to just stop reading and wait for the thread title to change one way or another, it can't be good for you to be so up and down :lol:

The only time you comment man is when an alleged issue arises  :lol:

Thats because Im bored of you quoting my posts. Ignore me if me posting annoys you so fucking much  O0

Might as well close this thread. The FA most of the premier league Bein sport and hairy hands, have just been looking for a reason  to sabotage this deal and now got there wish.  :frantic:

END OF THREAD Back to Mike. :dave:

Said all along I'll not believe this is happening until it's done. :lol:

You literally cannot believe Ashley leaving until there’s someone at a sd.com-less sjp with a scarf doing a photo shoot. Even then, I’m sure you’d be allowed to doubt what you were seeing.

Might as well close this thread. The FA most of the premier league Bein sport and hairy hands, have just been looking for a reason  to sabotage this deal and now got there wish.  :frantic:

END OF THREAD Back to Mike. :dave:

Fuck me your a ray of sunshine ??

If that's true, the deal through PIF is dead.

The Saudis can put pressure on the UK Government to stop the bloody owners test circus but they probably won't bother. Next time they won't invest through PIF but some other Royal Family member will splash the cash and they'll buy Man Utd without any problems.. or why not the mackems? WHY& NOT THE FUCKING MACKEMS EH FUCKING LIFEEEE???!!! God, I can't take this, I'm off to bed like fuck this shit

The tests are against the owners are they not? PIF are a  separate legal entity to Arabasat which is a pan Arabian organisation going by their wiki with SA being the largest shareholder (not owned by PIF)  How can the alleged crimes of one separate legal entity be used against another separate legal entity?

Edit: Just saw the solicitors tweet above.

All this ”pushed back” talk makes it sound like the PL people are completely oblivious and get puzzled by everything that is sent their way.

It's absolutely incredible. What the hell have they been doing for 5 weeks! They could have had a team of 3/4 people working on this 9-5 for the last 5 weeks and surely to god found out what they need to by now. Seems like they just dragging it on and on and on in the hope something ruins it