Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

How we all gonna feel if this goes past next week.

My hope will fade, based on nothing but we never have good things going for us in 13 years

Mine is fading with every  passing hour tbh

Guest godzilla

nufc.com have given another update. Basically they now dont have a clue what is happening.

Also said there's substance to reports of premier league teams opposing the deal

That's not an issue though as it has nothing to do with the tests. All boils down to whether the Premier League have definitive proof that one of the owners/named directors can be shown as being directly involved in anything which goes against what is stated in the tests. Only time will tell if they actually have, otherwise it will be passed.

Good Grief 3 hours away and no new posts in the positive thread, really worried now

I've veered from mildly optimistic to increasingly concerned that the premier league are going to finally grow some balls and quite rightly tell the Saudi's that the answer is no for anyone of a myriad of reasons. The thought of leaving us with Ashley and Bruce is just too horrible to contemplate, I would like to say that I'll be finished with football and the club but it's not so easy after supporting them for over 50 years.

Good Grief 3 hours away and no new posts in the positive thread, really worried now

I've veered from mildly optimistic to increasingly concerned that the premier league are going to finally grow some balls and quite rightly tell the Saudi's that the answer is no for anyone of a myriad of reasons. The thought of leaving us with Ashley and Bruce is just too horrible to contemplate, I would like to say that I'll be finished with football and the club but it's not so easy after supporting them for over 50 years.

I don't think I can be finished with football but the thought of Ashley/Bruce remaining is nauseating

nufc.com have given another update. Basically they now dont have a clue what is happening.

Also said there's substance to reports of premier league teams opposing the deal

You've missed stuff out there. For the avoidance of doubt :

Takeover:

No further forward

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch regarding our recent takeover update:

Attempts to make sense of what is currently going on have resulted in nothing meaningful - although there's certainly substance to claims that other PL clubs aren't happy with the proposed deal.

Whether that opposition in itself is enough to halt or derail the proposed purchase is another big unknown at this point.

As a consequence, we're unable to say whether it's more or less likely to happen and the timescale for finding out - one way or the other - is a matter of guesswork.

Clear as mud, basically.

They know nothing :lol:

You've missed stuff out there. For the avoidance of doubt :

Takeover:

No further forward

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch regarding our recent takeover update:

Attempts to make sense of what is currently going on have resulted in nothing meaningful - although there's certainly substance to claims that other PL clubs aren't happy with the proposed deal.

Whether that opposition in itself is enough to halt or derail the proposed purchase is another big unknown at this point.

As a consequence, we're unable to say whether it's more or less likely to happen and the timescale for finding out - one way or the other - is a matter of guesswork.

Clear as mud, basically.

They know nothing :lol:

:lol: everyone saying if they post something it will happen

Did they ever know anything?

I can’t help but feel that they just assumed it was close given the press reports at the time and decided to write about it.

They have nothing else to write about. There are no matches, no credible links to players. Site traffic must have been low for them.

Did they ever know anything?

I can’t help but feel that they just assumed it was close given the press reports at the time and decided to write about it.

They have nothing else to write about. There are no matches, no credible links to players. Site traffic must have been low for them.

Proving that every single one of them and us know nowt.

NUFC.com would never have posted that update without being well and truly tipped off by an absolutely immaculate source! There has definitely been a spanner thrown into the works this week but hopefully that spanner is quickly burnt to the ground and this gets announced ASAP!

I've never met Niall but Biffa is a brilliant fella!

NUFC.com would never have posted that update without being well and truly tipped off by an absolutely immaculate source! There has definitely been a spanner thrown into the works this week but hopefully that spanner is quickly burnt to the ground and this gets announced ASAP!

I've never met Niall but Biffa is a brilliant fella!

Hopefully it's just more information that needs to be worked through between the PL and the consortium.

This is just going to rumble on and on for weeks...

Guest reefatoon

Well if the top clubs are part of the 10, then the premier league will bow down to them like the little bitches that they are. Anything for you my masters.

I don't really see how other PL clubs not being happy about it can have any impact on the deal going through. Of course they aren't going to be happy, they are direct competitors who fear their dominance may be challenged by a club that could potentially be bigger than theirs. But PL officials can't really take any of that into account, they have to put their own personal biases to one side and deal with the takeover in the same way they would with any previous ones.

I still think this has to go through, there will be too many legal repercussions if the PL suddenly move the goalposts.

Can you imagine the implications if they took that into account, you'd potentially have every club looking into other club's dealings.

Like individual clubs have time or resources already in place to make proper complaints other than "Here mate, are you looking into this thoroughly? Oh you are. Okay, thanks."

Fair play to the PL mind for keeping this all in house. There isn't the slightest snippet coming out of them. Journalists must be tearing their hair out at the fact that their contacts are not saying anything at all.