Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Just been listening to audio clips of jim white on the radio, saying that the docs signed are legally binding, i.e. Ashley can't back out or move goal posts now.  Can anyone confirm that's correct?

Only thing left is for the PL to do fit & proper test which most folk are saying is a formality?

Just been listening to audio clips of jim white on the radio, saying that the docs signed are legally binding, i.e. Ashley can't back out or move goal posts now.  Can anyone confirm that's correct?

Only thing left is for the PL to do fit & proper test which most folk are saying is a formality?

Essentially yes. It’s total guesswork as to how the deal is constructed but it’s well into its process now. Once the PL have done their checks which indeed does seem a formality, they can make the required payment and it will all be done.

What we don’t know is if it’s a clean break, or will Ashley still have some sort of contract on the club shop. There’s bound to be some hidden nasty we haven’t seen yet.

I think it will be a clean break.

There is no chance the Saudi’s would be putting up this money for Ashley to gain £59 out of every £60 shirt the club sells. There maybe a success/Champions League entry bonus in there so he gets his final £50m, aside from that though, I can’t see them agreeing to his usual tricks.

Even if they did, the Saudi’s are rich enough and powerful enough to drag Ashley through every court and do him out of every single deal he has, once they have gained control of the club.

I’d be excited to see what they choose to do with the shirt (and sponsor) for next season.

As far as am aware, nothing was signed with Puma yet so anyone else could come in and design something quickly.

The most important thing is create a team we can proud of. The rest of the stuff will follow.

We need a decent manager. One world class striker where we can spend between 70 to 100 million pounds. Couple of decent midfielders.

We cant start extending the ground with the average team we have right now.   

I still can't commit fully to believing it's true  :lol:

I know everything is in place but it's Mike Ashley. Is it normal for a club at this stage of a takeover to say absolutely nothing to it's fan base? I mean a little statement that would inform everybody that something as important as a change of ownership is imminent?

I still can't commit fully to believing it's true  :lol:

I know everything is in place but it's Mike Ashley. Is it normal for a club at this stage of a takeover to say absolutely nothing to it's fan base? I mean a little statement that would inform everybody that something as important as a change of ownership is imminent?

On the first sentence, I suspect we all have reservations, no matter how small.

Normally takeovers dont get dragged out in public and fans only find out when it happens. When you think about it, they cant really say anything until the inks dry. What if they announced a takeover was happening and it fell through, however unlikely that is? All parties would look stupid.

The first statement from MA will be some bullshit about him selling for the good of the club.

Guest chopey

"I tried for years to find the right buyer for the club and there you go, but don't worry Newcastle still have a place in my heart and it will be the first result I look for on a Saturday afternoon, but now I must go and use this money to create thousands of jobs and save the high street"

It’ll be harder to do a Chelsea or City even if they wanted to like. There were maybe 2-3 serious title contenders when they did what they did. Now you’ve got 6 already way ahead of us and the likes of Leicester, Everton & Wolves able to spend big. Just getting into the top 8 would be an achievement first season.

It’ll be harder to do a Chelsea or City even if they wanted to like. There were maybe 2-3 serious title contenders when they did what they did. Now you’ve got 6 already way ahead of us and the likes of Leicester, Everton & Wolves able to spend big. Just getting into the top 8 would be an achievement first season.

However much we spend the key thing is the manager.  Look at Man United, they've spent alot but are are miles away from being a contender.

Even then it’ll be hard. The three below the established ‘big 6’ all have top managers.

the only thing that gives me a little hope is the wobblers ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea (to an extent) means that anyone can be caught but to stop being a one season wonder you have to have a game plan short and medium term getting your manager correct on the first try is hard/impossible but need a top calibre as to begin with the line "who would want to come to Newcastle" will be hard to shrug off unless we just start offering the most wages/packages and risk getting a bunch of mercenaries.

I am glad I am only here for the ride and not the task at hand as make no mistake its mammoth, money needs to be spent everywhere management, facilities, scouting, recruitment etc etc

We'll have more money than all of them. There's a lot of contenders but if we're in with them what a change from the s**** we've been dealing with for the last 13 years, more if you go back further.

It'll take a while to build what we need to be a regular top 4 side again, we'll have to expand everywhere so we're taking in more money and can therefore spend more.

City is where we should be aiming for in 10 years if there's genuine investment. As much as Leicester and that are close to them this season, the reality is they are miles behind. City are having an off year, look at them last year like.

The first thing we need to go all out on a top manager and back him. With these owners we'd be a serious project for top manager looking for a new club.