Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

A Man City fan who has researched FFP rules with UEFA for their cases has said that a change of ownership allows the new owners to agree a sum of money for a period of time to be invested into the club which would otherwise break FFP rules (I.E. playing staff, as stadium and academy investment is already not taken into account considering FFP).

This applies to UEFA though and it’s not known if it applies to the FA/Premier League.

If this is true, then fucking hell.

It's perfectly possible to enjoy supporting the club but still disapprove of the actions of the owners in other areas. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

My main gripe with Ashley has always been his running of the club I supported. I've only ever drawn attention to his shit business practices as a way to put pressure on his ownership of the club. For example, whilst I acknowledge he's a cunt, I can't say I lose any sleep about how Philip Green runs his retail empire. He's of no consequence to me.

What I want from my football club owner is someone who does their best firstly for the football club and, secondly, the region. Irrespective of how much I disapprove of their other practices, I'm not going to fight against them if they're doing their best on the footballing front. I'll let others who are involved in that specific area fight that fight, because first and foremost I'm a football supporter, not a diplomat or MP or Journalist. Let others do their job in that regard and I'll do mine of enjoying the football.

After 13 years, I fucking deserve that much. I'm too tired.

It's not possible to support the club and complain about our govt. selling them the weapons to commit atrocities. Not without being dismissed as a hypocrite.

Well then dismiss me as a hypocrite, because that's exactly what I'm going to do. And I'll do it gladly.

If the football is good, other people can fight the fight against the rest of it if they feel obliged and able to do so. In fact, if anything I'd be hypocritical NOT to do this because I've been to Saudi Arabia 7 times so far with work. Riyadh 3 times, Dhahran 3 times, and once to Jeddah, often for over a month at a time. I've spent a lot of time talking to the Saudi people there, been to their houses, even talked to them about politics and the reforms of MBS whilst in their country. I've already, indirectly through the company I work for, taken their actual money to pay my bills with. To then kick up a stink about them owning my football club would be far more hypocritical than - assuming it's as we hope - me just chilling out and enjoying it after all the footballing misery I've endured from Ashley for over a decade.

I've already shown I can not fully support a regime yet still embrace what it offers me, and felt no hypocrisy at all when doing it. I can gladly extend that to football.

I have nothing to gain by dismissing an argument I agree with. You've missed my point.

Not an expert on these things, in simple terms anyone got any idea when I crack open the fizz? As in done, can it be weeks days , months or just announced whenever?

2-4wks

Not an expert on these things, in simple terms anyone got any idea when I crack open the fizz? As in done, can it be weeks days , months or just announced whenever?

2-4wks

Reckon it's a week in.

2-4 weeks for the directors test during normal situations, not sure if the pandemic will extend that.

On top of that, if the country is still in lockdown they might try to avoid officially announcing for as long as possible, due to fears of people gathering to party.

2-4wks

tenor.gif?itemid=8352668

Lockdown might be over by then though....

Imagine? :indi:

Its just hit me that we're going to go from being the most stingent, cheapest and tattiest club in the top division, to the easily the world richest club. Mental. :lol: