Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Spot on mini thread by Liam Kennedy

Absolute nonsense thread. Things like this shouldn't just be accepted and rushed through just to help the mental health of Newcastle fans

Nor should it take over the double amount of time it’s expected to take and longer than when the Southampton owner applied, failed, and re-applied.

7 weeks rushed through.  :lol: People are getting money taken from them when things are as tough as its been in a decade and with no return for what they are paying for. Guess that's an attendee problem others don't give a shit about.

PS: I'm not an attendee, but its a cunts trick and i'm 100% behind those who've paid on not able to attend the rest of the season and more so for those who've been charged for attending a season that doesn't exist.

Still pretty sure this is just the PL making sure they can’t get sued by anyone and if they can, that the money coming in from the other side outweighs the cost. If it was a cut and dried fail, it would have failed by now. Also think the new chief exec joining will be a factor. He’ll be pretty hands on and pretty risk-averse I’d have thought as it’s a pretty career defining moment for him.

Absolute nonsense thread. Things like this shouldn't just be accepted and rushed through just to help the mental health of Newcastle fans

Hardly say it would be rushed through at this stage though.

Absolutely nobody here has a clue about what stage they're at/what they're talking about. If say, the piracy thing is an issue, the WTO ruling on BeoutQ only came out this week

The PL saying there is no timescale for these kind of things is minging like, surely they just cant let a club drift along in uncertainty indefinately.

Goes back to people's point that it wouldn't happen if it were Manu or one of the jewels. IDK, but their case gets stronger with dismissive comments like we've had today.

Absolute nonsense post. No it wont change nowt and they won't be concerned about nufc fans mental health, but they should be concerned with an owner taking fans money for no reason and not giving them any clue about whats going on.

I understand your reasons behind not wanting it to happen etc but not everything the 'pro takeover fans' say is bollocks.

That lads most definitely bringing to light a few things that need to be said with regards to staff and refunds.

They should be concerned with the current cunt of an owner taking the piss out of fans and staff. 100%.

Guest Carrick18

I think the press war between Saudi Arabia and Qatar has intensified the need for clarity here. They're absolutely right to say that those employed by the club need some form of clarity. If not the playing staff then those furloughed.

I think at this point I'd rather just know one way or the other.

Absolute nonsense post. No it wont change nowt and they won't be concerned about nufc fans mental health, but they should be concerned with an owner taking fans money for no reason and not giving them any clue about whats going on.

I understand your reasons behind not wanting it to happen etc but not everything the 'pro takeover fans' say is bollocks.

That lads most definitely bringing to light a few things that need to be said with regards to staff and refunds.

They should be concerned with the current cunt of an owner taking the piss out of fans and staff. 100%.

:thup:

Don't know how anyone can't see this.

They should be concerned with the current c*** of an owner taking the p*ss out of fans and staff. 100%.

This is nowt to do with being anti or pro the takeover. Takeovers of companies take time , you can't just rush things through especially when possibly important information has just come to light, regarding the piracy thing. If they give a timeline of say 2 weeks, then what if more information becomes available in 13 days time that could affect the decision?

Guest chopey

I would say its critical to future business that the Premier League stay impartial here, calling the deal off because of objections from Qatar could cause real issues for future investment and I would say its absolutely vital not to take sides.

Guest Carrick18

I would say its critical to future business that the Premier League stay impartial here, calling the deal off because of objections from Qatar could cause real issues for future investment and I would say its absolutely vital not to take sides.

Even if you ignore the impartiality it's going to be awkward to try and negotiate a rights deal when you just rejected them from the league. You're good enough to show it but not to be part of it. I've said from the beginning, the lack of evidence (they clear did operate beoutQ) among other things will make this almost impossible to reject.

Guest godzilla

They should be concerned with the current c*** of an owner taking the p*ss out of fans and staff. 100%.

This is nowt to do with being anti or pro the takeover. Takeovers of companies take time , you can't just rush things through especially when possibly important information has just come to light, regarding the piracy thing. If they give a timeline of say 2 weeks, then what if more information becomes available in 13 days time that could affect the decision?

The Premier League had the WTO information over 2 weeks ago (nearly 3). And for the timeline so do we wait a year because some information may or may not come to light in 11 months time.

You said its a nonsense thread when in his first post he brings up stuff about the furloughed staff and fans being given no clue as to whats happening with regards to their money.  I'd normally say they're mugs for giving him it in the first place :lol: but it's not the point here.

It's absolutely not nonsense, it's what the cunt in charge is doing, which needs to be said to people who matter.  Probably won't make any odds but at least it's getting it out there.

The reason i mentioned the pro stuff is because you seem to jump on anything they say.

You said its a nonsense thread when in his first post he brings up stuff about the furloughed staff and fans being given no clue as to whats happening with regards to their money.  I'd normally say they're mugs for giving him it in the first place :lol: but it's not the point here.

It's absolutely not nonsense, it's what the c*** in charge is doing, which needs to be said to people who matter.  Probably won't make any odds but at least it's getting it out there.

The reason i mentioned the pro stuff is because you seem to jump on anything they say.

I've barely looked at this thread in a week like so I definitely don't jump on anything "they" say

I feel sorry for the furloughed staff but you can't just put through the takeover because of that. I presume there is also some kind of confidentiality agreement where they can't discuss what stage they're at right now or if it's likely to go ahead

All I can think is they want to make sure there is nothing that can come back on them and they can sue them.  I think they will 100% push it through but they have to be extremely careful and make sure it looks like they have fully investigated.

Obviously its shit for us the waiting but this is good for them so I can't see why they would reject it.

I actually think the Saudis are collectively dead thick as a nation in terms of understanding how things work outside of their own country. That’s why they need Staveley’s JV1

I actually think the Saudis are collectively dead thick as a nation in terms of understanding how things work outside of their own country. That’s why they need Staveley’s JV1

Yeah, I heard the UK and US Universities don't accept Saudi students.

Is this sarcasm?

Is this sarcasm?

Hopefully as serious as James' post.

It's absolutely not nonsense, it's what the c*** in charge is doing, which needs to be said to people who matter.  Probably won't make any odds but at least it's getting it out there.

I've barely looked at this thread in a week like so I definitely don't jump on anything "they" say

I feel sorry for the furloughed staff but you can't just put through the takeover because of that. I presume there is also some kind of confidentiality agreement where they can't discuss what stage they're at right now or if it's likely to go ahead

Fair enough, i should have said most of your posts in here are jumping on people who are pro takeover. Again though thats not the point.

The point was he's bringing valid points up and you said it's absolutely nonsense... Which it's absolutely not.

But you are anti-takeover by PIF, let's get that out there just to clarify.