Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Why would the shields gazette know anything above every other media outlet ?

They have a really good source within the deal.

Not sure why everyone's still agonising over this takeover, a full interview with Richard Masters was published 7 weeks ago in the Whitley Bay News Guardian and there were pictures of Staveley walking round the stadium with a toon top on in May's Roundabout Monkseaton.

That’s about as believable as some of the shite the “reliable” journalists come out with.....I’m in with it

It sums this takeover up that I don't even know what is good news or bad news anymore.

Not convinced very much could be construed as good news. I think that effectively stopped the day we learned that the deal was agreed and it was now with the PL.

Maybe a good move to force the PL's hand. KSA is beIN's biggest market and by locking them out they lose a lot of their revenue. In turn PL clubs lose revenue when beIN ask PL for a rebate.

PL clubs pressurise PL to sort things out. PL agrees takeover and rights division with KSA. PL clubs income maintained.

Yeah, the local journos have been briefed by the buyers this afternoon that the news today will not affect the approval of the deal in any way. They’re either incredibly confident of it happening regardless or they’re blissfully unaware of how unhinged it looks from the outside.

Yeah, the local journos have been briefed by the buyers this afternoon that the news today will not affect the approval of the deal in any way. They’re either incredibly confident of it happening regardless or they’re blissfully unaware of how unhinged it looks from the outside.

Is this a guess or do you know it for sure?

For sure

For sure

:thup: hopefully they know what they’re on about then

Guest godzilla

If it’s true that PIF were surprised that this news was released today then the takeover is surely f***ed?

Not seen anyone mention that, where did you get that from?

Edit. Louise Taylor say no more  :lol:

Guest godzilla

If it’s true that PIF were surprised that this news was released today then the takeover is surely f***ed?

Yeah Louise Taylor mackem  :lol:

For sure

Maybe it's already approved then, and just waiting on funds to transfer? Once the PL have done that approval, Saudi Arabia could pull this kind of stunt and whilst the PL might be sat there facepalming back at PL HQ, it's too late.

It's possible the Saudis have just been sat waiting for approval from the PL for the takeover to do this to BeIN.

Fucking hell, I think I've just been optimistic about this. :lol:

Guest godzilla

Yeah Louise Taylor mackem  :lol:

She even contradicts herself that sources close to the deal state it will not affect the takeover. How can the sources say it won't if they didn't know about it in the first place  :crazy2:

For sure

Maybe it's already approved then, and just waiting on funds to transfer? Once the PL have done that approval, Saudi Arabia could pull this kind of stunt and whilst the PL might be sat there facepalming back at PL HQ, it's too late.

It's possible the Saudis have just been sat waiting for approval from the PL for the takeover to do this to BeIN.

No, it hasn’t already been approved. They just don’t see today’s news as an issue.

There’s definitely been several sources telling the journos in the last 48 hours that approval is coming any day now, but they are understandably reluctant to print anything because we’ve been here before.

For sure

No, it hasn’t already been approved. They just don’t see today’s news as an issue.

There’s definitely been several sources telling the journos in the last 48 hours that approval is coming any day now, but they are understandably reluctant to print anything because we’ve been here before.

What/ who are their sources though? Unless it’s someone from the PL then surely we’re no further forward than the opinion of optimistic buyers

If it’s true that PIF were surprised that this news was released today then the takeover is surely fucked?

Why would it be fucked? It literally says in the next line it shouldn't affect the the takeover.

thats what they think but assuming its stavely and co briefing Taylor its also the same lot who were saying "no red flags"; they're either not that bright, self delusional to an extreme or just throw random bs at journalists to keep them happy.

A red flag to me is something that would be terminal to the takeover. There can be a huge amount of obstacles but none of them mean that the takeover won’t happen. I’m fairly sure that’s what GC has meant when he’s said ‘no red flags’ - basically they’ve never been told it won’t happen, only that they need to do xyz if they wanna go ahead with it.

If it’s true that PIF were surprised that this news was released today then the takeover is surely fucked?

Why would it be fucked? It literally says in the next line it shouldn't affect the the takeover.

thats what they think but assuming its stavely and co briefing Taylor its also the same lot who were saying "no red flags"; they're either not that bright, self delusional to an extreme or just throw random bs at journalists to keep them happy.

Been saying this about Staveley for months now. She's been feeding the press her grand plans and confidence for 3 years. The fact she's "still confident" holds no weight at all any more, if it ever did.

A red flag to me is something that would be terminal to the takeover. There can be a huge amount of obstacles but none of them mean that the takeover won’t happen. I’m fairly sure that’s what GC has meant when he’s said ‘no red flags’ - basically they’ve never been told it won’t happen, only that they need to do xyz if they wanna go ahead with it.

I think all that he meant was that nothing had came up at that point in time, which I've got no doubt was true.  I don't believe he was just talking shit.