Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I see a lot of people are privy to BEIN’s deal with the PL and convinced there could not be any get out clauses or provisions that deal with changes to the regional structure to which its broadcasting rights apply. Could anybody share the contract with us not itk on these matters?

I think it’s a safe bet they didn’t consider regional structure when they included Qatar and Saudi in same rights package to begin with.

Why is that safe to say?  Because Saudi and Qatar have always been best of friends?

If they have built in a get out clause in the event of a scenario like this I’d be very impressed, however my guess is all that mattered was the 500 million.

Also the likes of Matt Slater and Jacobs seem to think Saudi negotiating individual rights for remainder of contract are complicated and unlikely.

I don't know if they have or not, just wouldn't say its safe to say they didn't possibly foresee a issue between two sworn enemies.  Also don't really put much faith in journalists when it comes to anything but reporting something they're told, in this case they're speculating, like everyone else.

Guest chopey

Fuck you Qataries

[emoji38]

TBF  I know nothing about that part of the world, if someone said Dubai was the capital city of Qatar in the kingdom of Saudi I wouldn't know any different.

Guest chopey

Why would the shields gazette know anything above every other media outlet ?

I won't believe a thing until the Chronicle tell me 10 things that are made of sand.

I see a lot of people are privy to BEIN’s deal with the PL and convinced there could not be any get out clauses or provisions that deal with changes to the regional structure to which its broadcasting rights apply. Could anybody share the contract with us not itk on these matters?

I think it’s a safe bet they didn’t consider regional structure when they included Qatar and Saudi in same rights package to begin with.

Why is that safe to say?  Because Saudi and Qatar have always been best of friends?

If they have built in a get out clause in the event of a scenario like this I’d be very impressed, however my guess is all that mattered was the 500 million.

Also the likes of Matt Slater and Jacobs seem to think Saudi negotiating individual rights for remainder of contract are complicated and unlikely.

I don't know if they have or not, just wouldn't say its safe to say they didn't possibly foresee a issue between two sworn enemies.  Also don't really put much faith in journalists when it comes to anything but reporting something they're told, in this case they're speculating, like everyone else.

Saudi conflict with Qatar began in 2016/17 and MENA rights were agreed just before 2018 season, they may have anticipated some problems.

However, I’m with Slater and Jacobs on this though, just don’t see bein paying 500 million and agreeing to a get out clause. Also Saudi is biggest audience in MENA area, we know it has cost bein a fortune in subscriptions, if there was some clause for conflict with Saudi surely bein would have negotiated a rebate with PL.

Guest chopey

Well this is quite the ride. :lol:

I think I want to get off.

Scream if you want it to go faster.

It's filled the summer in.

From the start they’ve oddly been ahead of the other locals generally when the odd bit of news has broke. Always seemed generally positive too. Here’s hoping.

Imagine Keys was the one person who was right about Friday. Of all the people.  :lol:

I think you will find HTT holds the rights and has called Friday at 3pm. Copycat keys can f*** off. HTT knew every week.

Every week except this week.  :lol:

Either way, I’m in for Friday regardless. This is happening.

Guest godzilla

Saudi conflict with Qatar began in 2016/17 and MENA rights were agreed just before 2018 season, they may have anticipated some problems.

However, I’m with Slater and Jacobs on this though, just don’t see bein paying 500 million and agreeing to a get out clause. Also Saudi is biggest audience in MENA area, we know it has cost bein a fortune in subscriptions, if there was some clause for conflict with Saudi surely bein would have negotiated a rebate with PL.

We don't know what the contract states, the legalities around it and the legalities of the conflict between KSA and Qatar, which may impact. It's something the two people you name obviously don't know either or they would be reporting this. Just have to see what happens when a clearer picture starts to emerge and it will pretty soon I believe. 

They have a really good source within the deal.

Wonder if it’s Jamie Reuben (if true)

They have a really good source within the deal.

Not sure why everyone's still agonising over this takeover, a full interview with Richard Masters was published 7 weeks ago in the Whitley Bay News Guardian and there were pictures of Staveley walking round the stadium with a toon top on in May's Roundabout Monkseaton.