Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I see a lot of people are privy to BEIN’s deal with the PL and convinced there could not be any get out clauses or provisions that deal with changes to the regional structure to which its broadcasting rights apply. Could anybody share the contract with us not itk on these matters?

Guest godzilla

I see a lot of people are privy to BEIN’s deal with the PL and convinced there could not be any get out clauses or provisions that deal with changes to the regional structure to which its broadcasting rights apply. Could anybody share the contract with us not itk on these matters?

Yep I agree

I think it’s a safe bet they didn’t consider regional structure when they included Qatar and Saudi in same rights package to begin with.

I think it’s a safe bet they didn’t consider regional structure when they included Qatar and Saudi in same rights package to begin with.

I don’t believe that at all. Countries split up and merge occasionally as well as get into diplomatic or actual war. There must be articles in such a contract that deal with such potential events.

Why is that safe to say?  Because Saudi and Qatar have always been best of friends?

Guest awaymag

It's good news. It was ok'd by the PL before hand and is part of a process which satisfy part of the O&D test.

frantically looking for section that states in O&D test, the buyer must ban the incumbent right holders for the region, to pass the test.    Help me out here, which section should I be looking at?  :naughty:

I don’t believe that at all. Countries split up and merge occasionally as well as get into diplomatic or actual war. There must be articles in such a contract that deal with such potential events.

The WTO report recognised Saudi was effectively at war with Qatar therefore KSA had every right to not recognise their legal claims. If WTO agree this, the the PL should also see that these 2 countries are at war and they should split the rights to stop any further clashes.

Yep, was the point I was trying to get at on a previous page. Seems odd that there are broadcasting rights for an entire region and that it'd be iron-clad without any clauses in the case countries are in dispute with one another. You could technically say that it would be a matter of public and national secuirty to allow BeIN feeds into a country that is currently at a "war" with Qatar.

Why is that safe to say?  Because Saudi and Qatar have always been best of friends?

If they have built in a get out clause in the event of a scenario like this I’d be very impressed, however my guess is all that mattered was the 500 million.

Also the likes of Matt Slater and Jacobs seem to think Saudi negotiating individual rights for remainder of contract are complicated and unlikely.

Guest godzilla

If they had some sort of clause then surely they would have informed Bien beforehand which hasn’t happened.

People are commenting about this when they have no idea whatsoever what is in the contract and what can or cannot legally be done.

Guest godzilla

The pl won’t comment so that’s not interesting at all.

This is outside the takeover though, so why wouldn't they? Edit - You're jumping to conclusions whilst frankly not knowing what is happening. Let's wait and see what comes out as it will in due course and probably quite soon.

Although we all want new owners, these dumb fuckers aren't half going to be trouble if they do buy us unless they let Amanda and the Rubens run the show. Imagine releasing this news now presumably before having received a definitive answer from the PL. Gormless.

Guest godzilla

Although we all want new owners, these dumb f***ers aren't half going to be trouble if they do buy us unless they let Amanda and the Rubens run the show. Imagine releasing this news now presumably before having received a definitive answer from the PL. Gormless.

You don't have a clue what's happening, let's just wait and see

Although we all want new owners, these dumb f***ers aren't half going to be trouble if they do buy us unless they let Amanda and the Rubens run the show. Imagine releasing this news now presumably before having received a definitive answer from the PL. Gormless.

Riiiight.

You don't have a clue what's happening, let's just wait and see

Either that or it’s an elaborate way of proving PIF and govt are separate entities.

I mean let’s face it they don’t seem very coordinated in their attempts to get this done. The letter from Al Qasabi re piracy e mails the other week wasn’t to clever either.