Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

31 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

The only wind up merchants here are those telling you the takeover remains likely to be concluded. As you'll see in the coming weeks. I appreciate that's not going to be popular which is what leads to the personal abuse. 

Why don't you just leave the thread alone ?

I personally don't think the sale will happen, i wish it would but nothing good ever seems to happen to us.....as the usual story goes.

In saying that i don't come in here to stomp all over sandcastles, a thread where dreamers are dreaming a dream in hope it might come true. Just let them be and stop being a miserable git who wants to spoil the little bit of hope some have left.

The sale doesn't happen, hey then be a dick all you like and tell them so, but for now just leave the thread and the dream alone.

Edited by Bimpy474

29 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Has anything been said on the F365 forum lately? 

Did anything ever actually come true from there anyway?! 

All quiet. Most of the stuff we were told has since come to pass mind (mainly arbitration tactics and players involved) but we’ve heard nowt interesting for months. My spirit animal says it’s on. 

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

The only wind up merchants here are those telling you the takeover remains likely to be concluded. As you'll see in the coming weeks. I appreciate that's not going to be popular which is what leads to the personal abuse. 

You are a male hen!

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

You are a male hen!

He’s one of those class edgy internet comedians, who absolutely love to wind up complete strangers on forums, probably for sexual gratification too. He’s such a hoot.

Edited by reefatoon

1 hour ago, Jinky Jim said:

Over to you “Whitley”........anything of interest.

Even I tend to stay away from Lee Ryder articles, but struggling tonight Jinky so here’s one to keep us going from earlier. Hopeful of summer conclusion to arbitration.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastles-would-owners-focus-deal-20412190

Not that I think much of his opinion but I know some in here do but big Keith reckons the super league hing delays this 

Edited by gdm

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not that I think much of his opinion but I know some in here do but big Keith reckons the super league hing delays this 

Needs to make his mind up if it does or doesn’t, 

Just now, Dokko said:

Needs to make his mind up if it does or doesn’t, 

I generally don’t think he knows much at all tbh I think he was genuinely doing something to begin with with the other guy but now I think he’s just stretching it now 

Just now, gdm said:

I generally don’t think he knows much at all tbh I think he was genuinely doing something to begin with with the other guy but now I think he’s just stretching it now 

he knows fuck all, think it’s pretty clear imho. Just riding the gravy train like many others. Don’t blame him, get a bit of the action while it’s worth something 

NCSL is embarrassing himself. I feel there will be news very soon however.  And positive news. Looks like Masters has been shat on, unless he also has a vested interest in the super league fiasco. 

10 hours ago, gdm said:

Super League kills any hope of a buy out - why would someone both investing with no hope of European football playing the likes of Barca.

I actually feel more confident that this will happen now that the government have said they will look to reform the game. Could imagine a few interesting questions being asked in crucial meetings as to why the Saudis are seen as such a threat when the PL's own trusted buddies have now brought their very existence under threat.

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I actually feel more confident that this will happen now that the government have said they will look to reform the game. Could imagine a few interesting questions being asked in crucial meetings as to why the Saudis are seen as such a threat when the PL's own trusted buddies have now brought their very existence under threat.

Eh?  If they going to reform the game, I'd say foreign takeovers are less likely.

12 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The positive side of me thinks the PL could do without another ongoing legal battle and therefore would like to settle ours now.

Plus it could be a big ‘fuck you’ to the big 6.

Exactly and PIF could then be persuaded to match the ESL gravy train by sponsoring the EPL to the tune of £3bn.

You know what, part of me is just a little worried that all this hatred towards foreign billionaires being stirred up, however justified, might just increase the chances of our takeover being even more heavily opposed by the powers that be. I can't see many wanting to be associated with another potential source of this greed fueled running of clubs, really hope I'm just being paranoid.

2 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

You know what, part of me is just a little worried that all this hatred towards foreign billionaires being stirred up, however justified, might just increase the chances of our takeover being even more heavily opposed by the powers that be. I can't see many wanting to be associated with another potential source of this greed fueled running of clubs, really hope I'm just being paranoid.

I don’t think you are. Previously, I thought relegation would be the definite stopper and if we avoided that (likely), then it was 50/50 with the arbitration. I think the events of the last 24 hours, calls everything into doubt.

Edited by et tu brute