Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Good old Scoot...nowt like a bit of Twitter to bring us back to normal. Been quiet for a few days, wonder if we’ll hear anything before the end of the month. Think FA will not want to sack Bruce if there is a good chance of this takeover happening this month.If there is no movement then, he has a big decision to make....Chance it with Bruce or bring in another.He cannot leave it much longer.

Good old Scoot...nowt like a bit of Twitter to bring us back to normal. Been quiet for a few days, wonder if we’ll hear anything before the end of the month. Think FA will not want to sack Bruce if there is a good chance of this takeover happening this month.If there is no movement then, he has a big decision to make....Chance it with Bruce or bring in another.He cannot leave it much longer.

The sooner Bein is reinstated, the better.

Yeah it seems everyone is waiting for developments in between SA and Qatar.

This appears good news to me as it seems to indicate the PL are willing to settle this before arbitration. If not I think we would be hearing lots of noise about start dates etc by now.

Little things keep happening in the middle East, both have raised each others flag again etc, slowly but surely I think we're getting to the discussions that effect us. I mean it was never going to happen on the first day.

I still believe this month will be a big month, over the next 2 or 3 weeks I think the picture will become a lot clearer, either through arbitration details or the KSA/Bein handshake.

We want the latter.

This appears good news to me as it seems to indicate the PL are willing to settle this before arbitration. If not I think we would be hearing lots of noise about start dates etc by now.

Little things keep happening in the middle East, both have raised each others flag again etc, slowly but surely I think we're getting to the discussions that effect us. I mean it was never going to happen on the first day.

I still believe this month will be a big month, over the next 2 or 3 weeks I think the picture will become a lot clearer, either through arbitration details or the KSA/Bein handshake.

We want the latter.

Agree with all that.I still believe FA hasn’t done anything about Bruce cos he thinks the takeover will happen shortly (whatever that timeframe means). Looks like we’re all looking to SA for the next move.

The sooner Bein is reinstated, the better.

The time it's taking seems to suggest that we're actually seen as a minor investment by PIF rather than being something MbS would be involved with or that bothered about.

We want the latter.

Agree with all that.I still believe FA hasn’t done anything about Bruce cos he thinks the takeover will happen shortly (whatever that timeframe means). Looks like we’re all looking to SA for the next move.

That was my thinking too tbh, if Ashley knows it's close there's no way he is sacking Bruce, he won't want to complicate things for the consortium now the deal and price has been agreed, maybe they've told him don't do anything as we'll be the owners soon and we will sort it. Also coming in and getting a new manager would be a big plus for them. The last thing they'll want to do is sack a manager who was appointed by Ashley a week or two before they arrive. It wouldn't be a good start for them with the national media etc.

Who knows though. All we can do is specualte.

Kennedy’s confidence seems to have reduced recently.

Whitley mag[/member], what do you think mate?

Like a Phoenix from the flames, Whitley Mag will never be defeated ! A lifetime ban reduced to 24 hours after arbitration !

Don’t worry mate this is an accurate reflection of the current state of play. Ignore the noise once the court cases are dropped this goes through without the arbitration hearing. Bein need the Saudis back to make the deal pay and once that happens we get our takeover. Remember the gulf treaty included all legal cases being dropped.

Guest reefatoon

Welcome back Whitley mag[/member] man. Keep posting those tweets in here. I never use it, so it’s good to see what is being posted.

Welcome back Whitley Mag! O0

Cheers Scoot, back and refreshed for the final push.

Good to have you back, been a bit lonely here!

Yes, "the final push" sums up exactly where we are now at!

A logical decision by the moderators in the end manorpark !

The fact the arbitration hearing has not began points to one thing, compromise and this being passed. Why would the consortium/Ashley be keen to wait at this point, because they know the ramifications of Bein being reinstated and the legal cases being dropped.

Our positivity and realism will proved well founded my friend.