Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Hard not to be confident when you have someone like De Marco and his track record and reputation spearheading the case. The thing I can’t get my head round though, if we are successful with arbitration does that mean the takeover will go through? Or does it just clear up one of the big issues that are acting as a barrier? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Hard not to be confident when you have someone like De Marco and his track record and reputation spearheading the case. The thing I can’t get my head round though, if we are successful with arbitration does that mean the takeover will go through? Or does it just clear up one of the big issues that are acting as a barrier? Sorry if this has been asked before.

It clears the path to getting deal done, the problem with the PL’s original offer of arbitration was that it was solely on the issue of separation. A delaying tactic to de rail the deal without rejecting it, as this would have led straight to the high court with a decision. The arbitration is based on the PL not conducting the test appropriately and if the PL lose the road map is there to conclude the deal.

It clears the path to getting deal done, the problem with the PL’s original offer of arbitration was that it was solely on the issue of separation. A delaying tactic to de rail the deal without rejecting it, as this would have led straight to the high court with a decision. The arbitration is based on the PL not conducting the test appropriately and if the PL lose the road map is there to conclude the deal.

Cheers mate.

When it first broke last year and looked inevitable I was like a bairn at Christmas. Just want us to get our club back off Ashley and Bruce.

What do you reckon happens after we get the nod from the Grand Arbitrator? Is it all formal submissions again and then 6 weeks of O&D testing? Or will they wave it straight through in dispirited defeat?

It will get nodded straight through....in the positive optimism world.

He's such a tease.

Part of me thinks he's only being like this because he knows we'll win.

Or he doesn't give a shit either way as he has already made crazy bank from it and his reputation won't be tarnished in the slightest since most of the football world do not want this takeover to go through anyway.  :lol:

What do you reckon happens after we get the nod from the Grand Arbitrator? Is it all formal submissions again and then 6 weeks of O&D testing? Or will they wave it straight through in dispirited defeat?

Straight through if rumours are to be believed that all the nominated directors have already passed the test. Absolute load of tosh from Masters that the test hadn’t actually begun, they had been fielding questions regularly via the club and not just on the separation issue. 

Some prior knowledge here, NUFC Trust council member 🤔

Could he not have just checked where that particular flight was going before it actually flew? Not sure if he could have done that mind, but just wondering.

Guest reefatoon

Careful guys, infiltrators from the other thread are sneaking in and reporting back on what’s being said in here. We might have to speak in code from now on.

Come on man cubaricho[/member] we are all on the same team here, there is no “they’re” just “we” poor unfortunate bastards that are lumbered with this football club. This thread is for light hearted worry free chat on all aspects of the takeover no matter how daft. Plus we all read the other thread too so not sure who you were reporting back too ya daft arse.

Careful guys, infiltrators from the other thread are sneaking in and reporting back on what’s being said in here. We might have to speak in code from now on.

Come on man cubaricho[/member] we are all on the same team here, there is no “they’re” just “we” poor unfortunate bastards that are lumbered with this football club. This thread is for light hearted worry free chat on all aspects of the takeover no matter how daft. Plus we all read the other thread too so not sure who you were reporting back too ya daft arse.

Oh my god :lol:

Some prior knowledge here, NUFC Trust council member 🤔

Could he not have just checked where that particular flight was going before it actually flew? Not sure if he could have done that mind, but just wondering.

I prefer to believe rogue elements of the NUST board have been informed of developments taking place in the Bahamas.