Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

yeah ASM and Wilson sold..... Fraser and Gayle like new signings.

Honestly wouldn't give a single fuck if we're still plodding along with Ashley and Bruce 

41 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Honestly wouldn't give a single fuck if we're still plodding along with Ashley and Bruce 

With Leeds, Villa, West Ham and Everton all starting to show a bit of ambition we will be truly fucked if this doesn’t come off.

The club is literally falling to bits on and off the pitch.

Regardless of separation in what world does the PL see Ashley as a fit and proper owner, whilst denying the whole city and region

this transformative investment. 

It’s fucking criminal how a couple of smarmy rats like Masters and Hoffman can get away with this at the behest of other clubs and a foreign tv station.

When this goes through and I 100% believe it will by hook or crook, I hope we are fucking unbearable to live with and rub every fuckers nose in it for a very long time. We’ll be like a caged animal released and nobody will be stopping this juggernaut once it starts rolling again.

HTFL

25 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

With Leeds, Villa, West Ham and Everton all starting to show a bit of ambition we will be truly fucked if this doesn’t come off.

Regardless of separation in what world does the PL see Ashley as a fit and proper owner, whilst denying the whole city and region

It’s fucking criminal how a couple of smarmy rats like Masters and Hoffman can get away with this at the behest of other clubs and a foreign tv station.

When this goes through and I 100% believe it will by hook or crook, I hope we are fucking unbearable to live with and rub every fuckers nose in it for a very long time. We’ll be like a caged animal released and nobody will be stopping this juggernaut once it starts rolling again.

HTFL

Very well said.

I can't wait . . . but (as we know) we just have to !!

41 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

HTFL

Excellent post mate -we should be a year into their regime with Rafa but the corrupt wankers have ruined that - twats.

it’ll be interesting to see who they go for but howay the takeover!

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

What I don’t get is that if the o&d’s test has to be resubmitted every year for approval from the PL for every club, how do Man City pass it? That’s about as state owned as it gets.

The problem isn’t anything to do with us potentially being state owned, the problem is with the top 6 not wanting competition and using BeIN’s piracy arguments against us as a reason.

The Premier League would love for more state ownership at this level, however they want it for the ‘right’ clubs, not for us.

However the media do make out as of state ownership is a problem.

As for the yearly O&D test. I’m not 100% convinced they go through a full background check every year, more of a case of them asking are the owners and directors the same people as last year?

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Once an owner is in though, you can’t just kick them out surely? 

They can't stop anyone buying any club or kick them out.  That's well beyond their powers.  They can only remove the club from their competition.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

The problem isn’t anything to do with us potentially being state owned, the problem is with the top 6 not wanting competition and using BeIN’s piracy arguments against us as a reason.

The Premier League would love for more state ownership at this level, however they want it for the ‘right’ clubs, not for us.

However the media do make out as of state ownership is a problem.

As for the yearly O&D test. I’m not 100% convinced they go through a full background check every year, more of a case of them asking are the owners and directors the same people as last year?

That’s just utter bollocks. The PL aren’t standing in the way of the takeover because it’s Newcastle. Crap like that must be hilarious to other fans reading this forum.

Your first paragraph is bollocks too. The PL are standing in the way because the potential buyers have stolen millions of pounds of product from them, not because the top 6 are scared of us.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s just utter bollocks. The PL aren’t standing in the way of the takeover because it’s Newcastle. Crap like that must be hilarious to other fans reading this forum.

You’re first paragraph is bollocks too. The PL are standing in the way because the potential buyers have stolen millions of pounds of product from them, not because the top 6 are scared of us.

Except the consortium through their preferred media partners have even stated there was resistance against our takeover, mostly Spurs and Liverpool.

on top of that MBS and the Saudi state have not been found guilty of piracy, but failing to crack down on it.

There is also the fact that Ashley is taking the Premier League to court through the CAT process on the basis of anti-competitive behaviour which is behind the blocking of our takeover.

Just now, Stifler said:

Except the consortium through their preferred media partners have even stated there was resistance against our takeover, mostly Spurs and Liverpool.

on top of that MBS and the Saudi state have not been found guilty of piracy, but failing to crack down on it.

There is also the fact that Ashley is taking the Premier League to court through the CAT process on the basis of anti-competitive behaviour which is behind the blocking of our takeover.

The same consortium who have said a lot of things in 18 months, with none of them proving to come true.

There’s also a major difference between Spurs and Liverpool saying “ah shit, that’d be crap for us” and the suggestion the PL are behind a coordinated effort to prevent the takeover because the top 6 don’t want it.

The submission of a CAT case doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to succeed.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The same consortium who have said a lot of things in 18 months, with none of them proving to come true.

There’s also a major difference between Spurs and Liverpool saying “ah shit, that’d be crap for us” and the suggestion the PL are behind a coordinated effort to prevent the takeover because the top 6 don’t want it.

Suppose we’ll find out if the CAT case is streamed live and direct won’t we.

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What about the piracy which was never proved to be the state? 

They clearly have  reason other than piracy why they don't want us to be taken over. 

17 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

So if they did just buy the club and the PL bar us from playing in that competition, could we still just boss the FA Cup and League Cup every season?

I think both of those are only available to clubs in the league system…. we could join the ESL mind :lol: 

Someone has posted this screenshot on 606...seems to show "Contest Jurisdiction Result"...dated today. Could be photoshop bollox but....

Edit : Ignore...aye, it's bollox. :lol:

bfRZNgl.png

Edited by Wandy

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Even discounting the fact that the PL haven't followed their own process and all of the other behind the scenes lobbing and delaying shenanigans, the O&D test is clearly vulnerable to challenge under competition law.

The PL is essentially in a monopoly position and PL clubs are businesses competing against each other in a closed market. The O&D test restricts access to that market and so restrict competition within it.

The judge will probably ask why is it necessary to restrict access to people who wouldn’t be barred from being a director of any other company. The PL will probably give reasons like ‘football is the national sport, reputation, soft power’ etc. I would think the judge will conclude that it’s the role of government to legislate to control ownership if necessary for those reasons, but as it stands the PL are subject to competition law and the O&D test unacceptably restricts competition by restricting access to people who could own any other business and requires people to become directors when they wouldn't in any other circumstance.

I'm convinced that the PL will lose the CAT case, although I'm not so convinced that will deliver the takeover.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Someone has posted this screenshot on 606...seems to show "Contest Jurisdiction Result"...dated today. Could be photoshop bollox but....

bfRZNgl.png

website has been down today probably bollocks

19 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They did more than say ‘ah shit’ though didn’t they PBP wanted it enshrined in the PL rule book that the 6 clubs could veto rival takeovers if it didn’t suit them.

Disclosure will hopefully tell us exactly how much Masters and Hoffman we’re complicit / knew about this plan. Only then can you say with any authority there was no coordinated effort.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Even discounting the fact that the PL haven't followed their own process and all of the other behind the scenes lobbing and delaying shenanigans, the O&D test is clearly vulnerable to challenge under competition law.

The PL is essentially in a monopoly position and PL clubs are businesses competing against each other in a closed market. The O&D test restricts access to that market and so restrict competition within it.

The judge will probably ask why is it necessary to restrict access to people who wouldn’t be barred from being a director of any other company. The PL will probably give reasons like ‘football is the national sport, reputation, soft power’ etc. I would think the judge will conclude that it’s the role of government to legislate to control ownership if necessary for those reasons, but as it stands the PL are subject to competition law and the O&D test unacceptably restricts competition by restricting access to people who could own any other business and requires people to become directors when they wouldn't in any other circumstance.

I'm convinced that the PL will lose the CAT case, although I'm not so convinced that will deliver the takeover.

I don’t disagree with any of that. 

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

bfRZNgl.png

They're obsessed with making up stuff to fool Burnsie on there, it will be a photoshop I think.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

They did more than say ‘ah shit’ didn’t they though, PBP wanted it enshrined in the PL rule book that the 6 clubs could veto rival takeovers if it didn’t suit them.

Disclosure will hopefully tell us exactly how much Masters and Hoffman we’re complicit / knew about this plan. Only then can you say with any authority there was no coordinated effort.

PBP which was voted down immediately. None of which was even linked to our takeover.

Your last paragraph says it all - a good legal case isn’t often built on praying for something to come out of disclosure.

17 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

PBP which was voted down immediately. None of which was even linked to our takeover.

Your last paragraph says it all - a good legal case isn’t often built on praying for something to come out of disclosure.

It was voted down by the other 14 clubs, the 6 clubs laughably also rejected it after the media storm.

How do you know it wasn’t linked to our takeover, there was 40 plus clandestine meetings with 6 clubs and PL board behind everyone’s back.

What we’re they discussing in these meetings ? The fact they even wanted a law inserted like that would indicate they would be heavily opposed to our takeover.