Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

52 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm still a bit confused as to why the Premier league wants to peel this orange in its pocket

Yeah, the only reason a process like this needs to be confidential is that it potentially involves commercially sensitive information for the consortium and club. The PL has absolutely no legitimate reason to insist on confidentiality if the club and consortium want an open process.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

All positive in the hood lads, pressure and spotlight ramping up on those that stand in our way.

Surely posting all of that makes it even less likely that the premier league will do this in public though? 

It know its been said Keith knows nothing but apparently he received the statement before it went public. Also received it before Edwards and Jacobs, so I think that should be noted. He might not know everything but its clear he still has a decent line of communication with the buyers/Ashley. 

24 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

It know its been said Keith knows nothing but apparently he received the statement before it went public. Also received it before Edwards and Jacobs, so I think that should be noted. He might not know everything but its clear he still has a decent line of communication with the buyers/Ashley. 

He potentially took the call during the recording of Nufc matters last night.

29 minutes ago, Ben said:

He potentially took the call during the recording of Nufc matters last night.

Yet there will still be people on here who think he’s a self serving gobshite. Whilst he may not be in the inner sanctum, he clearly is given info of what’s happening before it’s made public.

CAT cases are all public unless it deals with...

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/40/schedule/4 Schedule 4, 1(2):

(2)In preparing that document the Tribunal shall have regard to the need for excluding, so far as practicable—

(a)information the disclosure of which would in its opinion be contrary to the public interest;

(b)commercial information the disclosure of which would or might, in its opinion, significantly harm the legitimate business interests of the undertaking to which it relates;

(c)information relating to the private affairs of an individual the disclosure of which would, or might, in its opinion, significantly harm his interests.

32 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I think Kennedy has just inferred that (the jurisdiction challenge has failed) from the club's statement, possibly incorrectly because the wording of the statement is very unclear on that point.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think Kennedy has just inferred that (the jurisdiction challenge has failed) from the club's statement, possibly incorrectly because the wording of the statement is very unclear on that point.

In this headline it states they’ve been told, possibly had it confirmed ?

Fingers crossed though.

26 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

CAT cases are all public unless it deals with...

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/40/schedule/4 Schedule 4, 1(2):

(2)In preparing that document the Tribunal shall have regard to the need for excluding, so far as practicable—

(a)information the disclosure of which would in its opinion be contrary to the public interest;

(b)commercial information the disclosure of which would or might, in its opinion, significantly harm the legitimate business interests of the undertaking to which it relates;

(c)information relating to the private affairs of an individual the disclosure of which would, or might, in its opinion, significantly harm his interests.

So in other words, if the information is so damaging to the PL, then they might keep it behind closed doors.  Might actually be good news for us if they do keep everything quiet then, it's a good indication that there's a lot of really bad stuff in there.

It doesn't matter that much if the CAT case goes ahead in private because all that matters is the result. Let's face it, the national media don't want the takeover to happen so even the most scandalous of revelations will barely get a mention by them.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

In this headline it states they’ve been told, possibly had it confirmed ?

Fingers crossed though.

Told... by the club's statement. The article suggests that he's just taken that from the statement, but I think he's possibly wrong.

"It is currently attempting to prevent the competition courts considering a claim by the sellers from taking place in public," (prevent the CAT case, which would take place in public, from going ahead) "arguing that too should be held in confidential arbitration." (arguing that the arbitration, which is confidential, should consider the claim instead)

Edited by Jackie Broon

22 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Told... by the club's statement. The article suggests that he's just taken that from the statement, but I think he's possibly wrong.

"It is currently attempting to prevent the competition courts considering a claim by the sellers from taking place in public," (prevent the CAT case, which would take place in public, from going ahead) "arguing that too should be held in confidential arbitration." (arguing that the arbitration, which is confidential, should consider the claim instead)

Think it will be more likely has come from his mate Keith

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Think it will be more likely come from his mate Keith

I'm not convinced that he knows much about what is happening with the case, or that he had as much influence on the club's CAT case as he makes out (otherwise they would have reimbursed him for his work on it). I get the impression from him and Kennedy of people desperately trying to appear relevant and ITK when really they've just been used when it's been in the club/consortium's interest and know fuck all other than that.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I'm not convinced that he knows much about what is happening with the case, or that he had as much influence on the club's CAT case as he makes out (otherwise they would have reimbursed him for his work on it). I get the impression from him and Kennedy of people desperately trying to appear relevant and ITK when really they've just been used when it's been in the club/consortium's interest and know fuck all other than that.

Seemingly he got a call from the club during the pre-recorded show last night about the statement coming out. Somebody who is watching tonight can confirm that. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Seemingly he got a call from the club during the pre-recorded show last night about the statement coming out. Somebody who is watching tonight can confirm that. 

Not saying he doesn't have contact with the club / consortium, but I really don't think he's being told anything of note.