Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

26 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

318 pages of blood, sweat and tears…….hope I’m not Jumping the gun too soon but well done all those punters who have kept our hopes alive by posting “hope and support” for the takeover…..Reefatoon, nufcjb, Tron, Facundo ferreyra, robster, kanji, STM, rs, miggy’s first goal, 54, scotty 66, GWN, NE27,Ben and of course Whitley and Manor…..sorry if I’ve missed anyone of the positives out……Despite the tragic last 18 months, you’ve managed to stay hopeful for so long and provided , IMHO,  an outlet to keep our hopes alive, when all around was despair…….I’m glad for all of us, and I mean, ALL, it doesn’t matter whether you never believed the takeover would happen…..We have now all got what we have deserved for so long……COME ON THE TOON👍👍👍

There was me just thinking not a single I told you so and great to see everyone delighted together :lol: 

I’m fuckin buzzing for every single fan on here. Ones that were positive, ones that were negative and even that argued with me 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

There was me just thinking not a single I told you so and great to see everyone delighted together :lol: 

I’m fuckin buzzing every single fan on here. 

We’ve had our ding dongs mate, but all’s well that ends well.

Fucking superb still pinching myself.

24 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Great night for all looks like we’ve finally got there.

Best thing of all, just buying a ticket for the Spurs game and can’t fucking wait. 

We’ll probably get hammered but who fucking cares, great times ahead hasn’t sunk in.

Kudos to @manorpark he will be able to write some great pieces on the future development of the city.

What a fucking time to be alive HTFL.

I N D E E D . . . I N - B L O O D Y - D E E D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many great days and events and issues ahead. Just each day can (and probably will) be a good day.

(and with luck we'll all get some canny good football outta this, as well)

Just now, Ben said:

I hope Amanda is in Wilkos next to the Black Garter tomorrow cos she'll need bog roll, light bulbs and a shit load of bleach

Someone tell her it's actually cheaper to get two 8 packs of AA batteries rather than a single 16 pack because I almost got caught out by that at the weekend and now we've got Financial Fair Play to think about. 

Tell you what has been amazing today, is the countless positive reports and not having those shattered within a moment by a counter negative report. Even the usual anti/negative suspects have went overboard this time in a positive direction. 

Man is it weird that the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is a world class training ground and SJP getting cleaned and properly modernised? Fuck we're gonna be a proper club again man and its so hard to believe. 

Fair play to you lot in here keeping the optimism going. Was on that horse for ages until arbitration was put off and it just zapped the positivity out of me but we're here now and happy fucking days. 

7 minutes ago, Decky said:

Man is it weird that the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is a world class training ground and SJP getting cleaned and properly modernised? Fuck we're gonna be a proper club again man and its so hard to believe. 

Fair play to you lot in here keeping the optimism going. Was on that horse for ages until arbitration was put off and it just zapped the positivity out of me but we're here now and happy fucking days. 

I also can't wait to hear the plans for the whole city. If anything good is going to come from this is giving the whole area a boost whether you're into football or not 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I’m still shook by this. Still feels a dream mates. 

Same. Still feel 'I'll believe when its confirmed' because of all the other times (actually bought one of them) but I realise that he's broke me, I'm like an institution man now, after an endless 15year cavalcade of c*ntingness I don't think I can switch that off.

16 minutes ago, marki said:

is it really getting announced today,hard to beleive

I would say Friday but quite honestly as long as I know it’s on i can wait a wee bit.

Edited by GWN