Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Never post on here but have enjoyed reading the threads over the years. Some excellent patta and always a place where fans have shared the frustrations of what the club has become under Ashley. 

Never been to a game since the home win against QPR on 22nd Dec, 2012. Despite winning, I left that game frustrated and generally sick of the way the club wasn’t trying to reach its full potential. Personally, I think it was because I wasn’t enjoying it and hearing the Pardew PR spin every week was draining the life out of me. I vowed never to return till Ashley was gone.

I’ve been up and down all night, constantly checking my phone every time to see if there’s anymore news. Like everyone, I just want the Ashley nightmare to end. Anyway, Spurs tickets bought last night, St James’ for the first time in 9 years, can’t wait. Delighted for everyone, the dark clouds have nearly lifted and the 14 year neglect and this wonderful club is over. Roll on the good times 

Edited by JoeyBartoon

Just wanna say gentlemen, it was fucking torture holding this candle for as long as we did. The entire universe manifested every possible obstacle to us having any fun whatsoever. But now it is here. Each and every single one of us has won the lottery. 

There's absolutely no shame in thinking it wouldn't happen. Regardless of what some might say, this wasn't inevitable, it wasn't preordained. It very easily could have gone the other way. Everyone can unreservedly enjoy the fact that it is happening to the fullest. 

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Do you just live in Saudi or are you also from Saudi?

I am Saudi born and raised .. been keeping an eye on NUFC takeover since 2020 and was very disappointed when it did not happen. Hopefully now we all enjoy the success of the club.

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Great news. Pleased for everyone, particularly those who remained positive throughout like @Jinky Jim @Whitley magand @manorpark, just couldn't see it happening myself.

"Happy to have been wrong" is a cop out clearly, but it's definitely true. :lol:

This is great news for everyone. It’s been an emotional 18 months, and now we’ve got our club back. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what the arguments were with regards to the takeover….positive or those who couldn’t believe we were ever going to be under new owners……we are all supporters and dreamed that one day it would happen….HAPPY for everyone…we are all supporters at the end of the day and now we really are UNITED.

Been on this forum since 2005. Been going to matches since 1994. Been suffering from footballing equivalent of limbo for 14 years. We've been through hell together. 

Know one knows what the future holds but it's a new dawn and I'm proud to be going over the waterfall with you guys.

16 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

318 pages of blood, sweat and tears…….hope I’m not Jumping the gun too soon but well done all those punters who have kept our hopes alive by posting “hope and support” for the takeover…..Reefatoon, nufcjb, Tron, Facundo ferreyra, robster, kanji, STM, rs, miggy’s first goal, 54, scotty 66, GWN, NE27,Ben and of course Whitley and Manor…..sorry if I’ve missed anyone of the positives out……Despite the tragic last 18 months, you’ve managed to stay hopeful for so long and provided , IMHO,  an outlet to keep our hopes alive, when all around was despair…….I’m glad for all of us, and I mean, ALL, it doesn’t matter whether you never believed the takeover would happen…..We have now all got what we have deserved for so long……COME ON THE TOON👍👍👍

Class stuff Jinky. Finally we have our fucking club back. I hope Ashley is chased out of town by an angry mob, the cunt.  

11 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Great news. Pleased for everyone, particularly those who remained positive throughout like @Jinky Jim @Whitley magand @manorpark, just couldn't see it happening myself.

"Happy to have been wrong" is a cop out clearly, but it's definitely true. :lol:

We are A L L in this together, as NUFC supporters.

Definitely many long happy fulfilling and enjoyable days and years ahead.

O F F - W E - G O !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by manorpark