Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I think there's a place for this thread and it's concept but there's positive optimism and then there's choosing to entertain and repeat certified gobshites like Mouth Of The Tyne. Like he would sit on anything ffs. :rolleyes:

It’s Burnsie put it in the brain dead twitter thread. Yeah yeah yeah, but got to admit Ashley approaching Rafa if true has to be at the behest of new owners.

[tweet]1362859309860872196[/tweet]?s=20

You're right this is brain dead twitter s***.

Never say never Duncan Castles must have heard a whisper from somewhere. It’s Newcastle United rule nothing out.

It’s Burnsie put it in the brain dead twitter thread. Yeah yeah yeah, but got to admit Ashley approaching Rafa if true has to be at the behest of new owners.

Fuckin hell he’s the biggest screwball on twitter man he’s probably replying to himself there

Fuckin hell he’s the biggest screwball on twitter man he’s probably replying to himself there

Nah you’re wrong that Oscar lad has been on Wraiths show before. It maybe bollocks but it’s not the same person.

Nah you’re wrong that Oscar lad has been on Wraiths show before. It maybe bollocks but it’s not the same person.

Either way burnsie ain’t right in the head

This gives us hope though from Ryders article tonight and certainly explains another reason Ashley is keen to sell to Saudi’s. In the worst case scenario of relegation there maybe sweeteners that may encourage Ashley to drop his price to a level where a deal, possibly staggered payments could be struck to still sell.

From Ryder

‘We have learned that Ashley is currently in the United Arab Emirates and is believed to be exploring business opportunities, meeting with some high profile figures in the Middle East in recent times’.

Never say never Duncan Castles must have heard a whisper from somewhere. It’s Newcastle United rule nothing out.

So if that's correct then close this thread as he also said the Saudis are not in for the club anymore.

So if that's correct then close this thread as he also said the Saudis are not in for the club anymore.

He used the word ‘unlikely’ who’s to say he’s not right though. However, there’s so much contradictory info at the minute and I would find it hard to believe Ashley’s spending all this money on legal fees if he hadn’t had guarantees.

Castles got it quite accurate last summer, to be fair. He started off talking positively about the deal going through then as it dragged on he got ever more pessimistic. So who knows?

The thing is, at the moment the Saudis are not in the picture for buying us as they were blocked last year. It's only if that block is lifted and the club remains in the PL would there be a chance of them being at the table again.

If PIF were no longer interested in buying the club and Staveley and the Reubens were buying it themselves then it would be bought now. The problem with the Premier League over our takeover is with PIF, Staveley and the Reubens passed the test.

Absolute negativity in the other thread and I’ll remind people of this paragraph from Caulkin’s recent article. Absolutely nothing has changed if we stay up and win arbitration PIF will be involved. If the worst case happens, I’m absolutely now convinced Staveley and Rueben’s will assume control. Ashley is done with the club now and this is the reason he is loathe to spend anything on replacing Bruce. However, should all go wrong this week on the pitch the bullet will be fired. Ashley is spending millions on legal fees and make no mistake will move to protect his investment in next week should he need to.

From athletic

‘Far from being put off, they say, pushing through the deal is now a matter of national pride to PIF. “They want to keep their distance until it can be resolved,” one source says. “They’re not going to waste time on it unless it can be done. But if the Premier League think they’ve given up, they’re wrong.’

Absolute negativity in the other thread and I’ll remind people of this paragraph from Caulkin’s recent article. Absolutely nothing has changed if we stay up and win arbitration PIF will be involved. If the worst case happens, I’m absolutely now convinced Staveley and Rueben’s will assume control. Ashley is done with the club now and this is the reason he is loathe to spend anything on replacing Bruce. However, should all go wrong this week on the pitch the bullet will be fired. Ashley is spending millions on legal fees and make no mistake will move to protect his investment in next week should he need to.

From athletic

‘Far from being put off, they say, pushing through the deal is now a matter of national pride to PIF. “They want to keep their distance until it can be resolved,” one source says. “They’re not going to waste time on it unless it can be done. But if the Premier League think they’ve given up, they’re wrong.’

You are a mad man :lol: there isn’t a chance Staveley & Ruebens will buy the club without PIF if they wanted to they’d have done so by now

From athletic

You are a mad man :lol: there isn’t a chance Staveley & Ruebens will buy the club without PIF if they wanted to they’d have done so by now

Wrong thread mate.

Ashley isn’t selling for less than what he’s already agreed too, and that’s not happening without PIF.

I don’t think relegation means PIF will certainly walk away, but relegation isn’t going to help the situation.

Ashley isn’t selling for less than what he’s already agreed too, and that’s not happening without PIF.

I don’t think relegation means PIF will certainly walk away, but relegation isn’t going to help the situation.

Not true this is his last chance to get 340 million and he knows it, he will cut his losses if we go down this time. He had to put 30 million in last time we went down and it will be far greater this time due to covid. It’s simply not happening a heavily incentivised deal will be struck.

Not true this is his last chance to get 340 million and he knows it, he will cut his losses if we go down this time. He had to put 30 million in last time we went down and it will be far greater this time due to covid. It’s simply not happening a heavily incentivised deal will be struck.

Mate, he won’t even spend £2m to get for of Bruce to stay in the PL what makes you so convinced he’ll ‘cut his losses’ there’s already talk of Bruce being here in summer with no money to spend

He had to put a £30m loan last time that he will get back

From athletic

You’re absolutely wrong Staveley attempted to buy the club in the May prior and thought she could. This was an attempt to keep Benitez before he left, the Saudi’s only came on board in the November. She will own the club regardless. The price will be at a reduced level and I’ll gladly accept you’re apology in a couple of months when i’m right.