Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Absolute negativity in the other thread and I’ll remind people of this paragraph from Caulkin’s recent article. Absolutely nothing has changed if we stay up and win arbitration PIF will be involved. If the worst case happens, I’m absolutely now convinced Staveley and Rueben’s will assume control. Ashley is done with the club now and this is the reason he is loathe to spend anything on replacing Bruce. However, should all go wrong this week on the pitch the bullet will be fired. Ashley is spending millions on legal fees and make no mistake will move to protect his investment in next week should he need to.

From athletic

‘Far from being put off, they say, pushing through the deal is now a matter of national pride to PIF. “They want to keep their distance until it can be resolved,” one source says. “They’re not going to waste time on it unless it can be done. But if the Premier League think they’ve given up, they’re wrong.’

You are a mad man :lol: there isn’t a chance Staveley & Ruebens will buy the club without PIF if they wanted to they’d have done so by now

You’re absolutely wrong Staveley attempted to buy the club in the May prior and thought she could. This was an attempt to keep Benitez before he left, the Saudi’s only came on board in the November. She will own the club regardless. The price will be at a reduced level and I’ll gladly accept you’re apology in a couple of months when i’m right.

She had backers then too wasn’t just her and ruebens. Fuck all apology due

Absolute negativity in the other thread and I’ll remind people of this paragraph from Caulkin’s recent article. Absolutely nothing has changed if we stay up and win arbitration PIF will be involved. If the worst case happens, I’m absolutely now convinced Staveley and Rueben’s will assume control. Ashley is done with the club now and this is the reason he is loathe to spend anything on replacing Bruce. However, should all go wrong this week on the pitch the bullet will be fired. Ashley is spending millions on legal fees and make no mistake will move to protect his investment in next week should he need to.

From athletic

‘Far from being put off, they say, pushing through the deal is now a matter of national pride to PIF. “They want to keep their distance until it can be resolved,” one source says. “They’re not going to waste time on it unless it can be done. But if the Premier League think they’ve given up, they’re wrong.’

You are a mad man :lol: there isn’t a chance Staveley & Ruebens will buy the club without PIF if they wanted to they’d have done so by now

You’re absolutely wrong Staveley attempted to buy the club in the May prior and thought she could. This was an attempt to keep Benitez before he left, the Saudi’s only came on board in the November. She will own the club regardless. The price will be at a reduced level and I’ll gladly accept you’re apology in a couple of months when i’m right.

She had backers then too wasn’t just her and ruebens. f*** all apology due

Did she who were they ? That’s guesswork on you’re part I’m afraid. We’ll both know who’ll be right in a few months and that will be enough for me 😉

From athletic

Did she who were they ? That’s guesswork on you’re part I’m afraid. We’ll both know who’ll be right in a few months and that will be enough for me 😉

Mate, I like you as a poster, and I can tell by your posts that you are from the same era as me and have had the same NUFC experiences. Your positivity has been refreshing but you are starting to sound a bit in denial now. If this club is relegated in May there will be no takeover. It also sounds like you are changing your previous stance of "if there is no takeover this season then time to walk away from NUFC".

The next carrot to be dangled when we are relegated will be "the PL have cleared the way for a Saudi takeover, now all that has to happen is promotion". And it sounds like you (and many others) will fall for it.

For me, I dont care what bullshit comes out. If we are relegated in May and Ashley still owns NUFC I am done, and I hope they stay down until he is gone. Even if that takes 20 years.

From athletic

Can’t find the interview with caulkin after she provided proof of 3 bids but I’m sure (but maybe wrong) it said she had investors and in subsequent caulkin articles he mentions investors. At no point was she buying the club herself

Honestly can’t remember but it’s total fantasy to suggest Staveley will just buy the club if PIF walk away there’s literally nothing to suggest this is the case

She would likely still be interested, but if PIF walked away then she would have to go and find new investors again.

Honestly can’t remember but it’s total fantasy to suggest Staveley will just buy the club if PIF walk away there’s literally nothing to suggest this is the case

She would likely still be interested, but if PIF walked away then she would have to go and find new investors again.

I agree

From athletic

Can’t find the interview with caulkin after she provided proof of 3 bids but I’m sure (but maybe wrong) it said she had investors and in subsequent caulkin articles he mentions investors. At no point was she buying the club herself

I’ll help you out the initial attempt had the backing of Chinese investors, however in the May when Rafa left it’s unknown where the funding was coming from. She’s keen to have Saudi backing as it takes us to next level, however she was happy to go ahead in the May if it had gone ahead. Which makes you’re argument redundant.

So if you’re going to attempt to call people out, you really need to know you’re facts.  :lol:

The other thread is brutal whenever there's a quiet takeover week.

Yes, it is full of "easily influenced" people, particularly whenever there are no 'leaks' about the Takeover for them to "believe" or to "rubbish" !!

The very best times for our Takeover are when it is totally quiet, as that is the ONLY way that progress (legal and/or arbitration etc) on our Takeover can happen.

That IS exactly what is happening at the moment - as logic surely dictates.

From athletic

I’ll help you out the initial attempt had the backing of Chinese investors, however in the May when Rafa left it’s unknown where the funding was coming from. She’s keen to have Saudi backing as it takes us to next level, however she was happy to go ahead in the May if it had gone ahead. Which makes you’re argument redundant.

So if you’re going to attempt to call people out, you really need to know you’re facts.  :lol:

Total guesswork she doesn’t have the money to do it herself. You are the most deluded poster I’ve ever seen.

I’ll make it simple for you. It didn’t go ahead in May because it was never going to because she didn’t have the backing

I have more reasoned discussions with my 10 year old :lol:

The other thread is brutal whenever there's a quiet takeover week.

Yes, it is full of "easily influenced" people, particularly whenever there are no 'leaks' about the Takeover for them to "believe" or to "rubbish" !!

The very best times for our Takeover are when it is totally quiet, as that is the ONLY way that progress (legal and/or arbitration etc) on our Takeover can happen.

That IS exactly what is happening at the moment - as logic surely dictates.

As Garland Greene said - Define Irony ?

From athletic

The next carrot to be dangled when we are relegated will be "the PL have cleared the way for a Saudi takeover, now all that has to happen is promotion".

This is absolutely what is going to be put out and the Shields Gazette and other individuals in the NE press will be shamelessly stringing fans along for the clicks

Staveley doesn't have the money outright to buy unless she wins the Barclays case. Even then I doubt she'll spend half of it on us and then have not enough money to run the club.

I thought Staveley was going to get a 10% share for the work she does setting up and completing the takeover?

When has anything Ashley has ever done in relation to Newcastle United made economic or common sense?

When has he had an alleged agreed 350 million price on the table?

When we had two transfer windows and a full season ahead of us. That bid will not be on the table now, just like he upped the asking price in the summer, their valuation of the club will be lower now.

Ashley has shown in the past that he'll gamble on us staying up rather than accept a lower offer.

From athletic

Why would they have done so by now?