Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

If Ashley does sack Bruce, who do we think he will appoint as his replacement.  Is it possible he would go to Rafa and say look I know we don't see eye to eye, but I'm going to be gone from this club soon.  Will you accept a contract to the end of the season to keep the club in the EPL.  If the takeover falls through, or we get relegated, and you cannot work with me, you can walk away at the end of the season.  Keep us up and you get a bonus, and if the takeover goes through I know the consortium want you as manager so you will already be in situ for them.  A possibility or just a dream!!!

If Ashley does sack Bruce, who do we think he will appoint as his replacement.  Is it possible he would go to Rafa and say look I know we don't see eye to eye, but I'm going to be gone from this club soon.  Will you accept a contract to the end of the season to keep the club in the EPL.  If the takeover falls through, or we get relegated, and you cannot work with me, you can walk away at the end of the season.  Keep us up and you get a bonus, and if the takeover goes through I know the consortium want you as manager so you will already be in situ for them.  A possibility or just a dream!!!

No.

Who’s Ryan Maine and what’s he saying?

Another twitter itk from London who works or worked in the city, tends to use a boxing analogy to describe the current state of play. I think his latest tweet had us in the 12th round.

That account has been proved in talking utter shit and hasn't been a source of correct information at all. Its not an itk account at all, its bollocks.

There's a big difference between taking a positive outlook on things and taking the word of anonymous bullshit twitter accounts. Thats what sickens people.

The wallet inspector would have a field day with some folk on here. 

You may well be right, but why come in here and shit on those who peer into the thread for a bit of light hearted info (even if it isn’t factually accurate). Put your hatred of us in the other thread where it can be debated properly.

Because unless called out with some realism people coming in to This thread for genuine positive news might innocently be encouraged by what is essentially a troll on twitter. I, like a lot of people are desperate to hear positive news but coming in here is almost having the reverse effect it’s disheartening seeing these tweets then realising it’s just utter bollocks

Yep I agree. It’s a little bit ‘make believe’ in here and some folk are gonna get burnt if it doesn’t turn out the way they are hoping for.

Ryan E Maine ffs :lol: His account was previously a Brexit troll account wasn’t it? R E Main.

If he was given enough financial incentive, then of course he would.

Eh? Not a chance.

Eh? Not a chance.

Why wouldn't he? A three month contract worth a fortune with no ties. It's a no brainer.

Eh? Not a chance.

Why wouldn't he? A three month contract worth a fortune with no ties. It's a no brainer.

He had £6m a year incentive to stay on and he didn’t. He doesn’t want to work under Ashley and won’t bail him out again

Eh? Not a chance.

He’s not motivated by money, despite what the propaganda would have you believe. He’s got principles and there’s no way he’d work under Ashley again.

Eh?  and have the possibility of a 2nd relegation (with the same club!) against his name!

IF the FCB did get shot of bruce it would 100% be Jones as replacement, officially until end of the season.  He'd be hoping we'd stay up, takeover done and he'll have his cash and bolt.  If it plays out like this but no takeover we'll be relegation certs under Jones next season.

Anyhow, apologies, not much optimism. 

Benitez is more motivated by money than some on here would like to believe. He went to China for the coin, pure and simple, and good on him for doing so too.

I don't think it is that outlandish to suggest he would work for Ashley again, in conjunction with the consortium.

He’s motivated by money because he went to China?

He is motivated by money because everyone is motivated by money, no matter their status. And the package offered by the Chinese was a very significant part of why he took the job.

He won't. Jones will take over.

He won't. Jones will take over.

Agree with that. But the reason Benitez wouldn't end up here again under Ashley has more to do with Fat Mike rather than Rafa. It's Ashley who would not consider under any circumstances asking Rafa to come back.

Eh? Not a chance.

I think sometimes Rafa is motivated by money and sometimes he is not.

There are  many leading film stars who will do low-budget, art films that they do for enjoyment, career development, and ego reasons between the movies they do that make them vast sums of money.

I suspect that sometimes Rafa does jobs for money, because who doesn't like money, but I think he also does some jobs for ego.  I think his stint at NUFC was more about his ego - could he awaken the NUFC sleeping giant where others couldn't, could he get his name in the pantheon of historic Premier League managers by achieving what Bobby Robson couldn't (e.g. winning silverware)?

I’m liking Keith’s positivity here, a nice positive way to start the day takeover fans. Not a disastrous result last night either as it also keeps Burnley in the mix, c mon you greasy chip butties this Saturday. Last chance for Fulham i’d suggest, fail to win that and the 3rd percentage will be 100 for me.

/https://twitter.com/NCSL1892/status/1362193850425606147?s=20